Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

29 minutes ago, dog said:

Check your refund total. My FCD were not r

eturned ( not expired). They gave them back as part of my cruise fare as FCC. 

My FCD was returned..also not expired but showed back up in my personalizer after disappearing for many weeks.

Option 2 but no extra FCC or $$ refund yet.

3 minutes ago, PrincessDano said:

Yes it was a Canadian carrier, 

Diane

You may be aware of the rulings for air travel refunds in Canada; it has been widely covered in the media.  Here is a Facebook page with lots of information on the subject (for Canadians airlines) https://www.*****/AirPassengerRights

Good luck.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I don't see this update on their website yet but Princess just updated their FB page with this announcement - sure hope it won't be much longer!  

image.png.0b59a9f65cc595994c4b75241e4e3cf4.png

I just saw that ... 

I think the key is they started working on the cc / cash refunds on May 15th as all of a sudden, people have started reporting they have been receiving their refunds.  I'm of the belief that the money wasn't made available to Princess refund until that date....some business decision from the top, no doubt.  

These refunds may have been processed earlier but not set to be released until just now.    

Well, I think they did themselves a disservice by doing so ... they pushed this time frame a bit too long for so many.  Either way, it's reassuring to see some people starting to get their refunds.   I have three out there myself ... one of which I hope to see really soon!  I won't be sending any future dollars to them until I have all my other refunds in hand and they have resumed operations.  

But, I strayed off the main point of your post ... so happy to see this and it looks to be backed up with reports of some actual results now.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, l1222 said:

Our cruise was scheduled for April 5th.  I made the request for Option 2 on March 12th.  Just now the amount for the cruise + EZ Air has been credited to our account.  This is good news, yes.  We are still owed the funds for 4 excursions.

Glad to hear. I am too waiting for the cruise refund plus the EZ Air fare.

59 minutes ago, remydiva said:

My FCD was returned..also not expired but showed back up in my personalizer after disappearing for many weeks.

Option 2 but no extra FCC or $$ refund yet.

Yes, they would not reinstate my FCD to reuse. Expiry was March 2021. 3 reps told me this. 

43 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I just saw that ... 

I think the key is they started working on the cc / cash refunds on May 15th as all of a sudden, people have started reporting they have been receiving their refunds.  I'm of the belief that the money wasn't made available to Princess refund until that date....some business decision from the top, no doubt.  

These refunds may have been processed earlier but not set to be released until just now.    

Well, I think they did themselves a disservice by doing so ... they pushed this time frame a bit too long for so many.  Either way, it's reassuring to see some people starting to get their refunds.   I have three out there myself ... one of which I hope to see really soon!  I won't be sending any future dollars to them until I have all my other refunds in hand and they have resumed operations.  

But, I strayed off the main point of your post ... so happy to see this and it looks to be backed up with reports of some actual results now.  

I completely agree with you. I don't think they released any funds until May 15th.

Glad they are finally coming but it maybe too late for some as far as testing their loyalty with the cruise line.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Coral said:

I completely agree with you. I don't think they released any funds until May 15th.

Glad they are finally coming but it maybe too late for some as far as testing their loyalty with the cruise line.

Sadly, I think you are spot on!  I have no desire to put my money into a big black hole not knowing if I will ever get it back.  I was willing to wait patiently for 30 days because I think that is reasonable.  I kept seeing the Princess apologists saying, 'give them a break, this is unprecedented ... they are working as hard and as fast as they can'.  But, if that were true, you'd have seen some progress before this week.  I am still so happy to see some movement for refunds starting up, just this week, though.  It was a financial decision but to leave us waiting and wondering for so long, it really damaged their reputation.  To be fair, though, we are all stuck at home with nothing else to do but to just stew about it.  hahaha!!  That one's on me!  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Sadly, I think you are spot on!  I have no desire to put my money into a big black hole not knowing if I will ever get it back.  I was willing to wait patiently for 30 days because I think that is reasonable.  I kept seeing the Princess apologists saying, 'give them a break, this is unprecedented ... they are working as hard and as fast as they can'.  But, if that were true, you'd have seen some progress before this week.  I am still so happy to see some movement for refunds starting up, just this week, though.  It was a financial decision but to leave us waiting and wondering for so long, it really damaged their reputation.  To be fair, though, we are all stuck at home with nothing else to do but to just stew about it.  hahaha!!  That one's on me!  

So I wonder if refunds will be done weekly now? Will they queue a bunch of refunds and release them once a week, or daily now?

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

I say again, the lack of communication, consistency, and transparency has been far more frustrating than the wait for the refund. They STILL maintain they are going by order of sail date, but those of us still waiting on March sailings are proof that is not the case. I have sent emails, reached out on social media, called, and used their chat feature and still have not received anything consistent from them. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dog said:

Yes, they would not reinstate my FCD to reuse. Expiry was March 2021. 3 reps told me this. 

I actually got one back in my account.  They stated that if expired, they would extend it.  I think this was only an option if you chose option #2. though.  Anyway, just as that was happening, I was told that one of mine had expired and it would be refunded....but I haven't seen that yet.  I think the rules had changed so much, it all depended on when your refund hit in the process.   I've got two applied to active reservations, one that was reinstated from a canceled cruise, one they said would be refunded from another canceled cruise as it had expired and one that is sitting out there on yet another canceled cruise ... which I have no idea how that one will be handled ... it is not expired either so hopefully, just back into my account.  

27 minutes ago, Coral said:

So I wonder if refunds will be done weekly now? Will they queue a bunch of refunds and release them once a week, or daily now?

Good point.  I would be overjoyed if they dumped a batch download daily.  

I've also heard, though, that the credit card companies may hold it in a pending status for a number of days before releasing it.  I actually know nothing about that process but it may be the reason for some people not seeing the credit on their accounts in a timely manner even after Princess has refunded it.  ???  

We finally received ours today, our March 29th cruise was cancelled on March 13.

Next step is to some how find a flu shot or vaccine that protects us from the Wuhan Virus so we can cruise again. We haven't been on a cruise since Nov of 2019, longest we have gone without a cruise since the early 90s.

• Like 3

Wow then I have a long way to go yet to getting mine... I cancelled April 10 for a June 24th trip. I guess it really will take at least 60 days.

And even though I still don't have my money for this trip I get an email from a "new cruise planner"  letting me know she is available when I want to schedule my next trip.

I would have felt better about that email if I had received my refund!

I am hesitant to share this as I don’t want to add fuel to the “princess hate” but I just received a call from Princess Executive Relations. She was calling to let me know that they are working hard on my refund and will try and get it to me as soon as possible. She said they are doing everything in batches and said they had completed March (it seems that isn’t true) and they are mid-way through April. She said that my cruise refund should be processed shortly. Deciding to play along, I asked her about my refund for the hotel and airfare upgrade (she called it a Covid Incidental Refund), she said that it was picked up by the Princess office in Australia for processing and had been approval. She confirmed it has been approved for refund but hasn’t been mailed yet, she said it should happen soon.

So here is the fun part, I’ve already received my cruise refund (from Princess, not from a dispute) and I have received the check for my other fees (hotel, airfare, etc..). The woman either was full of cr** (and feeding me what I wanted to hear) or their system is really this bad and they don’t have a clue what is happening. 

She promised to followup with me next week to give me an update on my refund.. To be honest, I had a hard time not laughing during the call. I doubt I will receive a double refund, I am sure she is just reading from a script.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were supposed to be on the Carribbean Princess Mar 21...

First time ever posting here - but we've been following this thread (and the news in general) for a long time. We were starting to get a bit worried, and were considering contacting our CC company to see if there was anything we could do through them... but today we noticed Princess had indeed refunded our fares and they were on our credit card. We were supposed to also get a FCC, but I don't see that in our account anywhere - I suppose it's still coming, perhaps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dearinger said:

She promised to followup with me next week to give me an update on my refund.. To be honest, I had a hard time not laughing during the call. I doubt I will receive a double refund, I am sure she is just reading from a script.

If things are as messed up as they have seemed, I would not be surprised if some double payments occurred.  I hope not but it's been a giant mess and stranger things have happened.

March 22 Regal Princess - anyone receive a refund from that one yet?  I am wondering if they are processing by ship and then by sailing date specific to that ship?   Princess has repeatedly told me they see us in their system for processing, but I have seen numerous reports now that people have been told by Princess that they are done processing March . . . which clearly isn't true.  I even called my CC company to see if they could see on their end that we had a "pending" credit refund from Princess and NOPE.  

41 minutes ago, jat1977 said:

March 22 Regal Princess - anyone receive a refund from that one yet?  I am wondering if they are processing by ship and then by sailing date specific to that ship?   Princess has repeatedly told me they see us in their system for processing, but I have seen numerous reports now that people have been told by Princess that they are done processing March . . . which clearly isn't true.  I even called my CC company to see if they could see on their end that we had a "pending" credit refund from Princess and NOPE.  

I have not yet received a refund for Regal March 22 either.

It’s another “hold your horses cowboy” email from Jan.  Second one this month.  

Dear Mark,

We want you to know that we hear you and understand your frustration with the time it is taking to receive your refund. Rest assured we’ve received your request, and it’s in our queue.

As of Friday, May 15 we have refunded millions of dollars of cruises and we continue working through our back log. Our reservation and payment systems were not designed to handle this volume of refunds in a short period of time, and it is taking longer than we wanted. 

As we respect our guest’s money and time, we have increased the number of team members supporting this enormous effort and have made modifications to our systems. These modifications have increased our capacity to process these refunds and we should be issuing at a faster rate beginning this week. 

Thank you for your patience in these extraordinary circumstances. We hope you and your loved ones are staying healthy and safe during this difficult time. 

Sincerely, 

Jan Swartz signature
Jan Swartz

President

43 minutes ago, MarkieMark16 said:

It’s another “hold your horses cowboy” email from Jan.  Second one this month.  

Dear Mark,

We want you to know that we hear you and understand your frustration with the time it is taking to receive your refund. Rest assured we’ve received your request, and it’s in our queue.

As of Friday, May 15 we have refunded millions of dollars of cruises and we continue working through our back log. Our reservation and payment systems were not designed to handle this volume of refunds in a short period of time, and it is taking longer than we wanted. 

As we respect our guest’s money and time, we have increased the number of team members supporting this enormous effort and have made modifications to our systems. These modifications have increased our capacity to process these refunds and we should be issuing at a faster rate beginning this week. 

Thank you for your patience in these extraordinary circumstances. We hope you and your loved ones are staying healthy and safe during this difficult time. 

Sincerely, 

Jan Swartz signature
Jan Swartz

President

Maybe they want to slow down the Credit Card disputes.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jat1977 said:

We were going on March 22 Regal.  No refund yet, but I did get our FCC.  It is encouraging that the refunds appear to be coming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1