Cruise Critic Community
treehugr

List of cancelled cruises has changed...cutoff 4/10

We're on the 4/11 Equinox sailing which is on the list posted on Celebrity about 30 min ago. Already changed, new cutoff is 4/10, which is reflected online ...sorry fit entire list. 

image.thumb.png.c3d63f8c98cb54f5a62ebac6b4f922e4.png

We are on the same 4/11 Equinox cruise. I just got off the phone with Celebrity and they told me that they will start cruising again with that cruise.

1 minute ago, ccp1740 said:

We are on the same 4/11 Equinox cruise. I just got off the phone with Celebrity and they told me that they will start cruising again with that cruise.

Wow talk about making the cut-off😓

Doesn't make sense...website says:  

March 14 plus 30 days is up to and including April 12.  We are schedule on April 12 cruise to Hawaii and surprised it isn't included.  

So, beginning at midnight, March 14th, we are pausing the fleet’s US sailings for 30 days

This is ridiculous. I’m on the April 11 Summit out of San Juan. Earlier this evening this cruise was on the list and now it is not. I called and could not get through... now I don’t get my money back? I’m losing all confidence in this company and may not cruise Celebrity in the future... after, of course,  I use my $5k in FCC. 

Trust me, I've very confused.

I was having a conversation in the Roll Call for Equinox on April 11 sailing. When I looked it only showed cancellations up to and including April 10. I'm on the April 11 Equinox sailing. 

Someone came back explaining that 30 days is past our sail date. Yep, totally get that. Then I went and looked again on Celebrity's website and it showed that April 11 was cancelled.

NOW, I just looked again, and it's back to April 10. Like ***** are you doing Celebrity, can you count? Do you need some extra fingers, maybe a calendar to show you where 30 days from today is?

What is going on?  We are on the April 12th cruise and I was going in to cancel fights and pre and post hotels and now Celebrity has rescinded their 30 day sailing cancellation offer?  Celebrity, your loyal fans are starting to lose faith!  Lead the way...and stick to your posted messaging!

Yep, on the 4/11 infinity sailing...was definitely on the list and now is not.  I am trying to be understanding.  I assume I still have the right to cancel up to 48 hrs before for a FCC.  We were going to take the refund and run but now I guess we are back to a credit.  I won’t be surprised if it changes again.  

So our cruise on April 12th was to leave from Vancouver, Transport Canada has closed the port to all cruise ships over 500 passengers.  This means celebrity would have to depart from the nearest port which is Seattle and due to PVSA, the ship being foreign flagged can not disembark in Hawaii so now it’s an 8 day cruise to nowhere.   And there is no way they can take passengers back from Hawaii to Seattle.  

Cancelled my flights and all excursions for Equinox April 11th based on earlier announcement!! What the heck Celebrity????

You can still book an Alaska trip from Seaward to Vancouver on June 12 that is my reservation. Not sure why X is allowing that.

Just now, cruisingnewtoit said:

You can still book an Alaska trip from Seaward to Vancouver on June 12 that is my reservation. Not sure why X is allowing that.

I think they are trying to keep money coming in at a difficult time.  Additionally, if things get better quickly (as some are predicting), cruises scheduled for June might take place.  I doubt it, but who really knows.

3 minutes ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

Because they have not gotten to dealing with Alaska yet.

Think if your cruise is in April sitting back over the weekend and see what happens in the next few days.

What we do know is that there are more cancellations and changes to come.

As a guess would think Alaska cancellations come soon. At least some European cancellations follow. Some cruises are cruises to nowhere and X needs a bit of time to sort those.

30 minutes ago, oceancrusin said:

I was having a conversation in the Roll Call for Equinox on April 11 sailing. When I looked it only showed cancellations up to and including April 10. I'm on the April 11 Equinox sailing. 

Someone came back explaining that 30 days is past our sail date. Yep, totally get that. Then I went and looked again on Celebrity's website and it showed that April 11 was cancelled.

NOW, I just looked again, and it's back to April 10. Like ***** are you doing Celebrity, can you count? Do you need some extra fingers, maybe a calendar to show you where 30 days from today is?

We sent out an email to our TA and then quickly rescinded. You would think there would have been multiple checks before being put out for public consumption.

2 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Because they have not gotten to dealing with Alaska yet.

Think if your cruise is in April sitting back over the weekend and see what happens in the next few days.

What we do know is that there are more cancellations and changes to come.

As a guess would think Alaska cancellations come soon. At least some European cancellations follow. Some cruises are cruises to nowhere and X needs a bit of time to sort those.

Think of it this way. A new pax books this trip. Now books non refundable airfare. That would suck.

I'm not upset that X hasn't figured out a plan for notifying AK pax.  They need to pull cruises for sale that pax can't go on. That is Not hard for IT to do.

30 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

Doesn't make sense...website says:  

March 14 plus 30 days is up to and including April 12.  We are schedule on April 12 cruise to Hawaii and surprised it isn't included.  

So, beginning at midnight, March 14th, we are pausing the fleet’s US sailings for 30 days

Especially as the cruise can't go ahead as planned anyway, given the closure of Canadian cruise ports until July. Unless Celebrity is hoping  for temporary exemptions from the PVSA and are planning to leave from Seattle.

Posted (edited)

What about the Edge on 3/15?  I thought all cruises starting 3/14 were cancelled for the time period?

Oh - I see it on the list someone else posted.  

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

26 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Yep, on the 4/11 infinity sailing...was definitely on the list and now is not.  I am trying to be understanding.  I assume I still have the right to cancel up to 48 hrs before for a FCC.  We were going to take the refund and run but now I guess we are back to a credit.  I won’t be surprised if it changes again.  

Yeah same here, would be shocked if this cruise doesn't get axed as well. Same policy should be in affect, they cancel you're entitled to full refund or 125% FCC. Prior to that you should still be able to cancel for 100% FCC.

2 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

What about the Edge on 3/15?  I thought all cruises starting 3/14 were cancelled for the time period?

Still on the list, just couldn't get full list in screen and wanted to show cutoff point. Here is the top of the list showing the 3/15 Edge...sorry about that.

image.png.a44651d4de609e83064b36e0b490416c.png

16 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Especially as the cruise can't go ahead as planned anyway, given the closure of Canadian cruise ports until July. Unless Celebrity is hoping  for temporary exemptions from the PVSA and are planning to leave from Seattle.

Seattle isn't allowing cruise ships though either through early April as of now. They haven't announced anything beyond that yet which would impact Alaska cruises. Stay tuned...

50 minutes ago, oceancrusin said:

My wife was so upset that we would not be on Equinox 4/11........... If I can deliver this news .. AND if it holds true  hmmmm 
OMG.  

Just feel like we're being strung along.  We're on the 4/20 sailing on the Eclipse from Honolulu to what was Vancouver.  Also was supposed to call at Victoria.  Our cruise never made the list because we're 38 days out, but now that we can't disembark in Canada, unless they wave Jones act, are they going to try to end in Ensenada or do a 30 minute stop to fulfill the international call and potentially still end in Seattle, where none of really want to go now, or leave through Sea-Tac.  No offense to Seattle, but until they get their act together, we'll pass. 

We haven't cancelled yet, still trying to see what's going to happen with the itinerary, but just the whole stress of this trip has really put a damper on what was to be a bucket list and anniversary cruise.  Not even one email to let us know they're working on things.  Celebrity, if you're reading this, you've really done a horrible job of taking care of your VERY loyal cruisers.  😞