List of cancelled cruises has changed...cutoff 4/10

treehugr

On 3/14/2020 at 8:55 AM, oceancrusin said:

What they should have said was  approximately 30 days  so that they could include the April 11th embarkation date”

Should have / could have, but ultimately didn’t. 

With the confusion of the dates, and not on my part as it showed the 04/11 as being cancelled, I cancelled my hotel. Only to be told later that no, 04/11 is scheduled to sail.

Others have commented they have cancelled shore excursions, hotels and flights based on what was posted to Celebrity’s website.

It’s very frustrating to say the least.

We seen the same thing, which Celebrity seems to be acknowledging in the Q & A section of voluntary cruise suspension...

image.thumb.png.b74874b1990754f2f703f6a25f7776f9.png

Not only is Celebrity not following the CDC guidelines of closing groups of more than 50 people for 60 days, they are not following the Presidents request to suspend sailings for 30 days!  Those of the facts.  I have sailed Celebrity more that a few time and I am disappointed on their handling of this crisis. 

Image may contain: possible text that says 'WHEN YOU DON'T KEEP YOUR WORD, YOU LOSE CREDIBILITY. ROBIN SHARMA'

• Thanks 1

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Sunday recommended that no gatherings with 50 people or more take place for the next eight weeks to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus.

The agency said these gatherings include conferences, festivals, parades, concerts, sporting events, weddings and other types of assemblies.
"Large events and mass gatherings can contribute to the spread of COVID-19 in the United States via travelers who attend these events and introduce the virus to new communities," the CDC said in its new guidelines.