Cruise Critic Community
picture

Canceled shore excursions

I know that usually when you book and pay for an excursion you get an email immediately saying you’ve booked it.

well I just went in and canceled my Alaskan excursions but I don’t see an email saying I canceled ?

does it take longer to get that type of email?

I just want to make sure they know it’s canceled and they refund the money I paid.

I doubt our cruise will go forward even though it was for late May because Canada is not allowing ships to dock and that was one of our ports for Alaska trip.

I cancelled several excursions last Saturday and wondered the same thing when I didn't get a confirmation email.  I called customer service and they verified the amount I had coming back as a credit to my card, and said I would not get a confirmation email that the excursions were cancelled.  The rep said to allow 10 - 15 days to get the refund, but it only took 4 days.  I was somewhat impressed given all the refunds I'm sure they are processing this week.  

We changed our minds on one before and canceled. I did not get an email. I remember looking for one and it was not on my account. We changed to a different one a few days later that was the same price. I am not sure if they had held it as a credit, until it was processed, but we used that credit before funds were released. I would just keep an eye out for the refund. 

Yes you won't get any email about cancelled shore excursions. Just watch for your credit card refund (depends on your bank, mine have taken anywhere from 2 to 5 business days). 

also go into your cruise personalizer and look under shore excursions.  If you see your excursions with date and time; then they are still active; but if you see excursions available; then your excursions were cancelled.