Seaside

brightestfan

They are being sent home according to a post I saw on another forum from someone on Seaside now who talked to some of the crew. That will be interesting when they try to get the crew back at the end of April; who knows what flight cancellations/border closures will be in place by then.

Heard that the Seaside crew were told they had to leave the ship by 4 pm today! Guests who boarded Grandiosa a few days ago in Barcelona were told they had to leave by 11 pm the same day! It seems that crews on other ships had not been told about the suspension and had to find out from social media! Is that any way to treat loyal workers?

Edited by sidari

I talked to some of the crew. They were very up in the air over what is happening but they were cleaning the ship then they said they have to go to quarantine before being sent home or getting quarantined once home    They weren’t sure but they were all very sad to be leaving.  They were shocked yesterday when they found out I guess. 

6 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

That doesn't seem reasonable. Do you trust this source? 

100% Yes. Spoke to one who is heading home.

Edited by sidari

We just got off Seaside this morning. I spoke to three different crew members. They all confirmed they were being sent home. One admitted that they didn't know if they'd be paid for the time off coming up. They all behaved professionally to the last minute. We had the best time on this cruise, except for knowing what we were returning to. I feel terrible for all the employees who worked so hard all week to keep the ship clean and keep us from feeling as if we were receiving less than the full experience. I will write a more detailed review later, but since no one can sail right now, it serves little purpose. We will definitely sail on Seaside again.

• Like 1