Are you cancelling your Cruise Planner purchases?

The email said everything would be cancelled and refunded. Is there any reason to wait for Royal to do that, or should I go ahead and cancel my purchases to get that money back in my account? I am having a hard time cancelling that $18 drink package. 😢

• Like 1

I'll bet! That was a too good to be true deal. :classic_biggrin: But it won't transfer. So if your cruise is cancelled, you can cancel them yourself. I am not in your position, (at present) but if I was I would prefer to do it myself to ensure that it is done properly. 

7 hours ago, Grenouille21 said:

Is there any reason to wait for Royal to do that, or should I go ahead and cancel my purchases to get that money back in my account?

I'd cancel myself if possible and not wait for RCI.

for purchases made with credit cards and OBC, will the OBC be returned to be included with the FCC? 

Also, I am hoping I can find some of the Visa gift cards I used for some purchases, as RCCL might try to refund an electronic gift card that has either expired or I can't find.

Just saw this thread - this is of great interest to me.

So, our Singapore Quantum cruise is cancelled and is being refunded.

A few of the other posts I've read have made me nervous i.e.. the possibility of bankruptcy etc..

I am really thinking this will not happen with Royal but you never know do you.

I've just had a look and all our stuff is still there on cruise planner.  We've got tours, photo pkg, drink pkgs booked so it's no small amount.

So, if I go ahead and cancel now you don't think it will stuff up anything with Royal when they go to do our refund.  If I do it now that will just leave the cruise fare for them to refund to my c/c?

We did have an OBC on one of the drink pkgs ($52 USD I think) - will that just be lost regardless?

We (my friend and I but I was the booker / payer) have 2 rooms and I did already lose one of the OBC on one cabin on the other pkg when I upgraded from an inside room to a Balc. S/rm last week just in case we got stuck on board : )

They didn't mention it being lost when I upgraded but a day later I got an email saying I now owed an amount and had to pay the balance due to the changed T & C on my 'new' booking.

I thought about this yesterday and decided that, once the dates came out, I would cancel my purchases to get those refunds in process.  They usually flow pretty easily and that money is earmarked already for whatever we do that week for vacation.

Thankfully, I did not start too early as the way Royal counts makes it less than 30 days (4/10) and are 4/13 cruise was 30/31 depending on how they counted.

I am still thinking our cruise will get canceled but I am holding out because we would still like to go...obviously depending on the situation at that point.  We do have three alternate plans ready in case of cancellation or a decision on our part not to go.

7 hours ago, Grenouille21 said:

The email said everything would be cancelled and refunded. Is there any reason to wait for Royal to do that, or should I go ahead and cancel my purchases to get that money back in my account? I am having a hard time cancelling that $18 drink package. 😢

If you're going to take the cruise later, using the Future Cruise Option, you might want to wait and then ask them to honor the Drink Package on the new cruise.  If they say no, take the refund. They might give you the Drink Package in order to keep the money.  Royal Caribbean will need funds to help mitigate the terrible loss they are going to have, so it might be an incentive for them to keep pre-purchased items with the reservation.  Never know, might be worth the try if you're sure you're going to cruise anyway. 

I cancelled my drink package and excursions... our sailing on Monday is cancelled so I did it myself a week ago, just so I feel like I have some control! So far I have had 3 emails from royal telling me 3 different scenarios that I will get my money back from the cruise fare -

1. Mix of FCC and cash 

2.  Full refund 

3. Full FCC 

so my thinking is at least the drinks coming back should be given!