How do an 87 and 89 year old get home from Freemantle?

Kindergirl

3 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Not sure how it went at Perth Airport for them, Roy. At LAX, they had to take their bags through U.S. CBP/Customs but they had "Victor" to assist them with that. Jim was in a wheelchair and Cathi, the trooper, was walking with him. We then got Cathi her own wheelchair on the little trek from Delta T3 to T2

But when the bags arrive on the Amsterdam none of the owners will be there to accompany them through USCPB.

Roy

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

But when the bags arrive on the Amsterdam none of the owners will be there to accompany them through USCPB.

Roy

Correct; don't really know how that works since I've never had (and prob never will have) that privilege 😉 Scrapnana would be a good one to ask

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Probably like on the Grand Voyage.  You fill out paperwork, attach a shipping label, then Fed Ex takes them away and delivers to you a few days later.  They had an employee join the ship at the last port of call before we arrived back in the U.S. to handle all the questions/problems that cropped up.  Not sure about what Customs thinks of it.  Holland was the one to worry about all that.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

I've got a glass of Peller Estates Pinot Grigio.  Nothing fancy, but I'm happy to toast the happy reunion.  Soon, I hope. 🙂

That’s what I am drinking too.  😃Tried to post a photo but I couldn’t rotate it.

Edited by sotiris
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Probably like on the Grand Voyage.  You fill out paperwork, attach a shipping label, then Fed Ex takes them away and delivers to you a few days later.  They had an employee join the ship at the last port of call before we arrived back in the U.S. to handle all the questions/problems that cropped up.  Not sure about what Customs thinks of it.  Holland was the one to worry about all that.

I know that employee; nice Canadian lady from Vancouver, BC. She does that every year. The remainder of the year she's a HAL port agent in Vanc. Cool job!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

It's the same if your bags are delay on an international flight.   Our bags were delayed coming back from Europe once.  The bags spent an extra day in London before following us home.   They navigated thru customs without our presence. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1