How do an 87 and 89 year old get home from Freemantle?

Kindergirl

First, welcome home to Jim and to your Mom, Kindergirl.

Second, a daughter is a daughter, period.

Third, your parents look amazing!  Probably because they did not waste precious energy worrying.

God took good care of them.

You are an amazing daughter.

Also, good morning everyone.  This has been a glorious journey.  :)  Good party too.

Barbara

• Like 5

I'm so happy that Deb's parents are home and that she's with them! I'm grateful to live on a planet with so many helpful people who genuinely care for their fellow earthlings.

I've never sailed on HAL, but have followed a few of the GWV blogs as I had loved ones on board. I was also following Roy's thread, as Hubby and I hope to travel like he has.

I've truly enjoyed reading and I've been inspired by folks here. Be well!

• Like 4

Absolutely the best- most inspirational -thread I have ever read on Cruise Critic in the last 20 years. ,  My hopes for the future and how we should treat of fellow members of mankind have skyrocketed. Thank you all for what you have done here. . Charlie 

• Like 9

cjmayes51 I couldn't have said it better. The response here on CC has been so heartwarming and goes to show that the world if full of very wonderful and caring people.  Their outreach to a complete stranger and her family has been touching.  May their days be filled with blessings of love, peach, joy and good health.

Now we all need to make certain that we "pay it forward" by doing what we can for others during this difficult time. Even the smallest act can and will make a difference to someone else.

• Like 5

kindergirl

I am not quite sure how to post pictures on here, but i have recently learned how to send photos on email ( I just recently learned how to get emails on my phone)so I sent two to your email. I have very few pictures of me on my phone, mainly the grand kids, 🙂  but i did have some pictures of my husband and myself from the world cruise when we met your mom and I  realized i could take a picture of that and sent to you. I feel so almost "techy. "

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Great picture of Copper10-8 and your parents.  In today's world it is so nice to see people helping each other in a time of need.  The support on this thread has been overwhelming to say the least.  To all of you having a toast to celebrate, bottoms up and enjoy.  

• Like 4

Hi Kindergirl. I'm so glad everything worked out. I sent you a PM on Facebook since I don't have any other way of getting in touch with you. Please look for it if you can.

Thanks.

Tom.

Edited by giustot
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, giustot said:

Hi Kindergirl. I'm so glad everything worked out. I sent you a PM on Facebook since I don't have any other way of getting in touch with you. Please look for it if you can.

Thanks.

Tom.

Tom, if Deb is not set up in messenger, she can always find you in Facebook. But you will need to give her your Facebook name.  

• Like 1

Oh @Kindergirl, I'm so glad you were successfully reunited with your family; what an ordeal you've been through.  To be truthful though, if it had gone on any longer, I might have had to go into detox; my liver went through a lot for you!  LOL

Hopefully a few days of rest will help reset their clocks, and then it will be another adventure as you drive back to the "frozen tundra".  I sent you a message on FB; when you have a minute, you can check it.

If anyone wanted to have their faith in humanity restored, all they had to do was follow this thread; everyone was on the edge of their seats, wondering what was happening or going to happen next and if they'd make it back to you.  As I said, there were a lot of cheerleaders here, waving their pompoms in support of you and your family.

Image result for cat cheerleader image

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Oh @Kindergirl, I'm so glad you were successfully reunited with your family; what an ordeal you've been through.  To be truthful though, if it had gone on any longer, I might have had to go into detox; my liver went through a lot for you!  LOL

Hopefully a few days of rest will help reset their clocks, and then it will be another adventure as you drive back to the "frozen tundra".  I sent you a message on FB; when you have a minute, you can check it.

If anyone wanted to have their faith in humanity restored, all they had to do was follow this thread; everyone was on the edge of their seats, wondering what was happening or going to happen next and if they'd make it back to you.  As I said, there were a lot of cheerleaders here, waving their pompoms in support of you and your family.

Image result for cat cheerleader image

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Kinda like........, dare I say it.............HAL cheerleaders???? 😜😜😜😜😜

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

We went down, got their bag and took the elevator up to floor nine where @rjbean4 recommended. It was perfect. I parked immediately outside the doors. Jim chatted with me on the way home and my mom had a nap. Not at all surprising. 

Of course @Copper10-8 is my hero for now and evermore, but I haven’t forgotten that @cccole also offered just seconds later. Without John, @rjbean4 and @PiperHolliday I would not have had all the inside travel info which I will now use moving forward.  If @seaoma or @cat shepard hadn’t given me encouragement early on, I may not have gotten to “know” you all. 

Kindergirl, thanks for including me. Yeah it was a long day but worth all the time I spent helping out. Sure today was quiet day for the three of you and will be interesting to hear more from what your parents share about their ordeal and how the flights went for them. I know all the flight crews along the way took great care of your mom & dad and quite likely were not the only ones on the Sydney to LAX flight off the Amsterdam. It truly became mission accomplished.  Again am very greatful to have been able to help and I know when they flew over us last night I felt like I was jumping up out of my seat at a Tampa Bay Lightning hockey game because we had scored. Yeah it would be great to meet as were really are not very far from each other while you are in Sarasota but understand it might not be the right thing to do right now. Could also find other ways to keep in touch like email and Facebook. So for now take care and all the best. Extremely proud to have been a part of this CC Team.

You can take my plane

You can take my job

You can even paint my tail 

And even I can work in another Airline

But you can't have my spirit

Or my will

Mission complete

NWA Forever!

Edited by rjbean4
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am definitely late to the this thread, but I just can't help add a few words. I only came to the HAL board to find out about the Zaandam and came across this thread and was immediately hooked.  I have read all 30 pages in one sitting!  @Kindergirl  I am impressed with your action in getting your parents home; you are a great daughter. 

@Copper10-8  (And all the others who offered assistance and guidance to Kindergirl)  Your kindness to strangers is just amazing.  It is good to see some kindness in this world right now.

Wishing all the best to those still making their way home in this crazy time.

Edited by mchell810
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, rjbean4 said:

We went down, got their bag and took the elevator up to floor nine where @rjbean4 recommended. It was perfect. I parked immediately outside the doors. Jim chatted with me on the way home and my mom had a nap. Not at all surprising. 

Of course @Copper10-8 is my hero for now and evermore, but I haven’t forgotten that @cccole also offered just seconds later. Without John, @rjbean4 and @PiperHolliday I would not have had all the inside travel info which I will now use moving forward.  If @seaoma or @cat shepard hadn’t given me encouragement early on, I may not have gotten to “know” you all. 

Kindergirl, thanks for including me. Yeah it was a long day but worth all the time I spent helping out. Sure today was quiet day for the three of you and will be interesting to hear more from what your parents share about their ordeal and how the flights went for them. I know all the flight crews along the way took great care of your mom & dad and quite likely were not the only ones on the Sydney to LAX flight off the Amsterdam. It truly became mission accomplished.  Again am very greatful to have been able to help and I know when they flew over us last night I felt like I was jumping up out of my seat at a Tampa Bay Lightning hockey game because we had scored. Yeah it would be great to meet as were really are not very far from each other while you are in Sarasota but understand it might not be the right thing to do right now. Could also find other ways to keep in touch like email and Facebook. So for now take care and all the best. Extremely proud to have been a part of this CC Team.

You can take my plane

You can take my job

You can even paint my tail 

And even I can work in another Airline

But you can't have my spirit

Or my will

Mission complete

NWA Forever!

Pardon me for this thread drift, but please take good care of The GOAT, when he joins the Bucs. 

• Like 2