How do an 87 and 89 year old get home from Freemantle?

Kindergirl

Here is the one of a medical team on the bridge taking thier turn pushing the button to blow the ships whistle. Not sure which ship but can tell its from one of the Vista's, Signature or Pinnacle's.

#HALSTRONG!!!! 

Edited by rjbean4
  • Like 5

Fabulous news Kindergirl.  I'm really looking forward to a photo of them relaxing at home with you.  We're all sending good thoughts your way.  Cherie   p.s.  I'm getting pretty good at making masks, let me know if you need any.

• Like 2

Amazing news! I am so relieved! Now be sure to do everything possible to KEEP them negative! We are about to enter into the worst of the pandemic here in the U.S. Time to hunker down.

More good news: My husband won't be flying at all this month. Delta has cancelled nearly all of their flights in NYC (where he is based) but kept a few so medical personnel can take advantage of flying free to assist in the fight. We are both very happy about that move and wish the rest of the system would follow suit. I still have many friends at several airlines that wish they had the option to just stay home with pay. 

• Like 6

@rjbean4 thank you for posting those videos. I’ll show the one from the Amsterdam to the folks. I’m sure they will see familiar faces. And you were right about the tissues!

Thanks all.

so I went out for a few things today, mostly produce, and when I got home at 3:15 there was a message from 2:15 saying they will both be home in an hour. WHAT???

of course they are driving themselves home. 🤦🏽‍♀️  I’ll do my best to keep them safe...

@PiperHolliday I’m very glad your husband has stopped flying. ❤️

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Kindergirl said:

@rjbean4 thank you for posting those videos. I’ll show the one from the Amsterdam to the folks. I’m sure they will see familiar faces. And you were right about the tissues!

Thanks all.

so I went out for a few things today, mostly produce, and when I got home at 3:15 there was a message from 2:15 saying they will both be home in an hour. WHAT???

of course they are driving themselves home. 🤦🏽‍♀️  I’ll do my best to keep them safe...

@PiperHolliday I’m very glad your husband has stopped flying. ❤️

HS! Drive themselves home? You need to put them in a timeout. Seriously!

But  I bet it is their feistiness that helps them lick whatever they were ballling!

#StayStrong

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Well, the surprises keep on coming today, apparently!

@cat shepard, I'm going to assume the drive from the hospital in Sarasota to their home is fairly short. I just hope they don't stop at the grocery store. @Kindergirltook care of that!

(My grandfather lived in a small town and drove until he was 100, until I finally convinced him that if he was involved in any kind of accident, he would most likely be blamed and would lose everything he'd been able to save.)

I'm so happy that they are coming home. Please keep them safe there, @Kindergirl and take care of yourself. All of the love you've received from CC is paying off. Well done, everyone!!!

• Like 2

It does not surprise me in the least that they are driving themselves home. I can picture her saying , no we don't need help we will be fine.. SO very happy they are being released. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

But  I bet it is their feistiness that helps them lick whatever they were ballling!

#StayStrong

I agree. They're part of a VERY tough generation. 

This is such good news! Now the fun starts when you have to remind them that just because they're negative NOW, they can't go out and risk catching the virus locally. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I agree. They're part of a VERY tough generation. 

This is such good news! Now the fun starts when you have to remind them that just because they're negative NOW, they can't go out and risk catching the virus locally. 

@Kindergirl 3rdGC is right!

You might need to enlist the help of Copper 10-8. I wonder if he does house calls.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

My heart skips a beat every time I see you have posted @Kindergirl!  So relieved to hear they have tested negative.  

Ditto.  You have made my day with such good news. 

Your elderly parents remind me of my grandmother - a different breed - tough as nails, with hearts of gold!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Marion, that is the Florida Highway Patrol motorcycle police.  Aren't they shiny and tough looking?

I think it is the boots. So very shiny. Oddly, I have only seen patrol cars, no motorcyclists. But I try to avoid highways, whenever possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

EXCELLENT step onward.  Maybe their stay in the hospital kept them cornered long enough to give them enough time to do nothing, and recover.  Sometimes progress includes some step sideways!  Continued blessings to you all, and many thanks for continuing to keep us updated.  Stay vigilant! 

- Maureen

• Like 3