How do an 87 and 89 year old get home from Freemantle?

Kindergirl

Hi all, guess what? No new news! 😊

They did not stop on the way home but already my mom has said she is going out. So for all you who commented on me keeping them home, you are so right. 
I’m not as tough as our elders or FHP but I’ll keep them here! It’s my new job. If not I’ll call for backup. 
Thanks all and know if there are any developments I’ll make sure to let you know. 
You are all in my thoughts.  Please stay safe!

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Kindergirl said:

Hi all, guess what? No new news! 😊

They did not stop on the way home but already my mom has said she is going out. So for all you who commented on me keeping them home, you are so right. 
I’m not as tough as our elders or FHP but I’ll keep them here! It’s my new job. If not I’ll call for backup. 
Thanks all and know if there are any developments I’ll make sure to let you know. 
You are all in my thoughts.  Please stay safe!

No new news is super news!

If all else fails, here’s an idea....

62189A16-68CB-4959-AD61-C3B6077884D4.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Kindergirl said:

I’m off to buy duct tape

Show them this chart. Today doesn't look like a good day to do it....if anytime soon does. 

I'm sure the over 80 age level looks low because people are staying at home!

I hope you can convince them. 

Sarasota County.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@bennybear makes a good point.  Even if there is *not* a mandatory quarantine, tell them that Canada is doing it as it is being shown to be  a "best practice".

Good luck keeping them in the house.  It's going to be a lot of work for you, but look how much you have already accomplished.  You can do this!  You got this 🙂 👍

Edited by VennDiagram
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Isn’t there a mandatory quarantine of 14 days after travel like in Canada?    That may convince them.  

If they returned to Sarasota on March 24, they have done their 2 weeks!

• Like 1

We are under a statewide lockdown that prohibits Floridians from leaving home except to “obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities.”  Schools are closed, as are restaurants.

The order - which goes into effect on Friday, April 3 at 12:01 a.m. and expires on April 30 -

• Like 4

14 hours ago, seaoma said:

Show them this chart. Today doesn't look like a good day to do it....if anytime soon does. 

I'm sure the over 80 age level looks low because people are staying at home!

I hope you can convince them. 

Sarasota County.PNG

Seaoma, thanks so much for posting this chart.  I’d love to follow it - could you advise the source?

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Like 2

Glad to hear they are home.  I know it's difficult to convince them to stay there.

My mom wants to go out, and we have to keep reminding her she shouldn't.  She wants to get her own groceries and see something other than the tv.

Good luck, we're all in this together.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Seaoma, thanks so much for posting this chart.  I’d love to follow it - could you advise the source?

Florida Department of Health, Division of Disease Control and Health Protection --> 

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429

Scott. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Absolutely! You can also drill down by zip code. I've only found it in use by the state of Florida. I began watching it because my daughter lives in Tampa. I would like it for my state. 

It is put out by the Florida Department of Health. 

The entire world is using the Johns Hopkins Covid-19 Map, which is from the same company, I guess. I've linked it below also, in case anyone is interested. 

Florida-https://fdoh.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/8d0de33f260d444c852a615dc7837c86:

World-https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you (both of you) for sharing the links. It’s a beautiful morning in Southwest Florida. Listening to the birds sing in the sunshine, it’s so sad to realize how this terrible rolling disaster has affected all of us around the world and will continue to do so for an unknown duration.

• Like 1

Just now, Caribbean Chris said:

Thank you (both of you) for sharing the links. It’s a beautiful morning in Southwest Florida. Listening to the birds sing in the sunshine, it’s so sad to realize how this terrible rolling disaster has affected all of us around the world and will continue to do so for an unknown duration.

That is so true. I've been at home watching the numbers increase on the Johns Hopkins map since March 4. At that time, there were 95,000 cases world wide. In just about a month, we are at 1,447,471. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, seaoma said:

Absolutely! You can also drill down by zip code. I've only found it in use by the state of Florida. I began watching it because my daughter lives in Tampa. I would like it for my state. 

It is put out by the Florida Department of Health. 

Try putting in yourstate.gov.  I know we have a similar version in Maryland and would guess most states do as well.  I even have a local site for my county.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Try putting in yourstate.gov.  I know we have a similar version in Maryland and would guess most states do as well.  I even have a local site for my county.

Roy

Thanks, Roy, but our state is just showing a state map with the counties drawn and a range of cases with different colors. We don't have many cases, just slightly over 1000, so maybe they don't think it's necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1