Cruise Cancelation and EZ Air

worldtraveller

I haven't seen this addressed directly and can't find it on the Princess website.  We were on the Sky leaving in April so on one of the cruises that were canceled this week.  We made our selection of the type of refund we wanted on Wednesday however as of today however the flights are still showing up both in American and in Princess.  Are they canceling the flights or do I need to? We had the flexible airfare if that matters.  Thanks.

I was on the 4-4 sailing on the Sky and took my choice of option one, called at 4:00 pm Thursday afternoon did not have any wait time and rebooked for 11-28 on the Enchanted. Stewart that helped me said that Princess cancels the EZ-Air and then he rebooked my flights for even less money. I received an email about the canceled flights before I even hung up the phone. So when you call just double check with the person helping you.

3 minutes ago, MingoCruiser said:

Did PVP also tell you that the airfare will be refunded as well as the cruise fare?   We also booked w EZ air and had flexible air.    I wish they had addressed that air better in their email to us..

Most situations are in the FAQ on the Princess website.

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/temporary-cancellation-policy.html
Go down to the FAQ at the bottom of the page, ~#11 and read from there.

I called yesterday because my flights still weren't canceled. The lady I spoke with said yes they will cancel them but it could take up to 30 days.  She also said that yes the airfare would be refunded.  While I was on the phone she canceled the shore excursions we had booked but said I had to cancel any spa reservations or passes my self.

• Like 1

If your reservation is still good; log into your account and you can cancel EZAir, shore excursions yourself.  I did that last week. My airline reservations were cancelled and my shore excursion money was put back on my credit card.  

On 3/16/2020 at 8:44 AM, AF-1 said:

If your reservation is still good; log into your account and you can cancel EZAir, shore excursions yourself.  I did that last week. My airline reservations were cancelled and my shore excursion money was put back on my credit card.  

When you cancelled EZ-Air yourself (on the site) did it tell you that you would get a penalty? My airfare is still there (even though I filled out the form last week) and calling Princess wasn't a pleasant experience for me. 

I would cancel on the website but I want ALL of my money back, not less the $840 fee for early cancelling. I am 55 days out from my cruise, still within the 45 day window. 

If you did get all of your money back, has it shown back on your card? Any info you can share would be appreciated. The airfare is a lot of money and I would love that cash back. 

dearinger,  my cruise is over 90 days out so I got all my money back.  Full disclosure,  I had flexible air so my airline tickets had not been paid for; so when I cancelled ezair there was no money coming back;. shore excursions I got back all the money to my credit card within three days

I wondered if I could add another question on this topic:

My EZ air was cancelled and I will be getting it back as part of my Future Cruise credit,   we chose option 1 and are happy with this.

However,  if when I book another cruise,  can I use this Future Cruise credits to pay for new flights,   or does it all need to go on the actual cruise fare?

thanks in advance,  will probably phone princess to check too but I don't want to pester them whilst they will be so busy.

• 2 weeks later...

I have am still a month out from final payment on a Mediterranean cruise. Am waiting on cancelling to see if Princess will cancel first in this giant game of chicken.

I did try to cancel my not paid for yet flexible EZAir flights twice.  Used the red "cancel for all" button.  The flights remain. Some glitch in system.

Princess cancelled my cruise for which I had booked international flights with EZair. When I went into my Personalizer to cancel the flights, it was going to cost me the $2,515 I had paid. I phoned Princess. The rep told me they would check into it and that i might get a FCC. I don't think this is reasonable. Three months prior to my first flight, I doubt that Princess would have paid QANTAS for my flights. I feel it would be more reasonable if Princess refunded me in full. I probably don't have any hope of that.☹️

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Princess cancelled my cruise for which I had booked international flights with EZair. When I went into my Personalizer to cancel the flights, it was going to cost me the $2,515 I had paid. I phoned Princess. The rep told me they would check into it and that i might get a FCC. I don't think this is reasonable. Three months prior to my first flight, I doubt that Princess would have paid QANTAS for my flights. I feel it would be more reasonable if Princess refunded me in full. I probably don't have any hope of that.☹️

If you booked the flexible fare, you should get a refund if you have made the final payment.

If you did not book the flexible fare, then airline cancellation policy would apply.

21 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Let me know how you go we are still waiting on response in regards to air fares through Qantas as booked Ezy Air?

21 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I have some questions.  Did you book "Flex Air?"  If you did book Flex, did you specifically ask that your flight be ticketed early?  Some folks do ask for Flexair to be ticketed early, despite many of us posting for years that it is not a good idea, and this can be a problem.  Once your flight is ticketed, EZair normally is governed by the airlines own cancellation policies.

If you do choose "Flexair" and did not request early ticketing you should get a complete refund from Princess.  The normal ticketing time for FLEXair is about 45 days prior to embarkation.....UNLESS you asked to be ticketed.

Hank

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

I have some questions.  Did you book "Flex Air?"  If you did book Flex, did you specifically ask that your flight be ticketed early?  Some folks do ask for Flexair to be ticketed early, despite many of us posting for years that it is not a good idea, and this can be a problem.  Once your flight is ticketed, EZair normally is governed by the airlines own cancellation policies.

If you do choose "Flexair" and did not request early ticketing you should get a complete refund from Princess.  The normal ticketing time for FLEXair is about 45 days prior to embarkation.....UNLESS you asked to be ticketed.

Hank

I just booked through EZair and didn't know about Flexair. So it looks like my cancellation will be in the hands of QANTAS and will probably end up with a future credit when them. I was hoping this wouldn't be the case as I have so many FF points already. I will have to hope that the pandemic ends soon enough that I am physically able to undertake international travel. 🙂

On 3/14/2020 at 10:35 AM, Doug R. said:

We spoke with our PVP and he told us that Princess will do all the cancelling on EZAir reservations and not to call the airline.

That's the response that we expect to see from a PVP and why we always use our PVP for all our cruise and air planning.

This is what I got in response to an email I sent my PVP about EZ air and refund.  Our flight is scheduled to leave on the 10th of April.    Still waiting for our refund.

My email to her...

Just a little concerned I see our flight is still ticketed on the united site and the flight is supposed to leave on the 10th of April.   This will all be cancelled through Princess correct.   Just wondering what is going on with the refunds.

Her response....

"Yes it all will be. They are working on now. So many to do they are working as quickly as possible. Don’t worry about flights. Airlines know which are princess tickets and will all be cancelled. Refunds taking up to 60 days."

2 hours ago, worldtraveller said:

As of this morning the flights are still showing up when I go into my Princess reservation (which still shows the cruise leaving in six days) but when I go to the AA website the reservation is now gone. So something is happening. 

Just looked at mine also on United site and it shows cancelled now too.