I would be happy with same type cabin next year...

PTC DAWG

But in my case, Edge last sailing in March, the price is more than double..I’ll be taking the refund and watching for a better deal.  

Looking forward to the 10 day I have booked on Equinox this fall.  The Veterans Day sale was a good one.  

Sail on. 

11 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

I agree!  Same cabin category guarantee would relieve a lot of concerns, build goodwill and loyalty! 

It would be awesome for so many who really want to reschedule at a future date.  I fear that prices will inflate to make up for losses.  

13 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

I agree!  Same cabin category guarantee would relieve a lot of concerns, build goodwill and loyalty! 

Win win, they keep the money, we get to sail again same price...it must be too simple. 🙂

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

It would be awesome for so many who really want to reschedule at a future date.  I fear that prices will inflate to make up for losses.  

I think that is exactly their expectation.  I am not so optimistic that the industry will recover to a level that would support such increases.  

Time will tell.....

Reality is that the popular cruises for next year are already pretty full. There is  no way I can get the same category for our Transpacific, nevermind the same cabin. (Unless some of you who booked way in advance won't be upset if they bump you from an S1 to an inside to accommodate me 🤣). We went ahead and booked for 2022, and will use our FCCs for cruises already booked for 2021. The exact same 2022 cruise is costing us $1000 more for an SV with 2 perks, than the S1 with all four this year. I'm counting on price adjustments and cabin cancellations. I'd rather have it booked, then wait. Think of the number of cruisers that have FCCs now.

Another consideration is to weigh the difference between booking nonrefundable vs refundable. It would cost me $650 pp to book refundable deposit fare on the 2022 TP.

Now, I'm pretty darn sure I'll be happy to swallow a $200 change fee if needed, instead of paying  $1300 more to insure a refund of my $900 deposit if I cancel. But that's just what works best for us.

Edited by sippican

5 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Same issue here. I’d take the FCC if I could get the same cabin category. It’s nearly double for a similar sailing for us...and there is availability so I’m tired of hearing the “well the popular cruises are already very full” etc. So let us fill them! Otherwise no way they’re keeping my money. 

Edited by smogfarmgirl
  • Like 1

I looked at our equivalent cruise and it's 57% higher. That's over $6000USD more. Insane. No way. I'm taking the cash if it gets cancelled. With these price increases Celebrity are making us pay for their increased costs and keeping our money for over a year. 

The TAs are always popular. The other med cruises - very open. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 2