Cruise Next account

Spoke to NCL this morning and asked if I could take the future cruise credit and apply it to an existing cruise I have booked for December, 2020.  The answer is no, it must be applied to a new cruise.  What I would have to do is cancel the old cruise and re-book.  Of course, after doing a mock booking, the cost has jumped $500.  Ugh!!!  Now, I am beginning to wonder if I should just take the refund and run!  The letter sent out just says "future" cruises,  with no explanation..

I had used 2 Cruise next certs to book my cruise, which was cancelled.  Asked NCL rep. how I would check to see if these certificates were reinstated to my account.  She said go to NCL website under latitudes account and it would show up there.  Is that correct information, or am I getting another runaround?

3 hours ago, CruisinNewbie11 said:

I had used 2 Cruise next certs to book my cruise, which was cancelled.  Asked NCL rep. how I would check to see if these certificates were reinstated to my account.  She said go to NCL website under latitudes account and it would show up there.  Is that correct information, or am I getting another runaround?

I am interested in this as well.

• Like 1

Future cruise credits are different than CruiseNext certificates and have different T&Cs.  If you cancel or your cruise is cancelled, your CruiseNext certificates should go back to your account, with the original expiration date - those are the terms when you buy them.  FCC terms will be what they are at the time they are given - what you have should also show up in your NCL account but it could take some time.  I do know that they blocked people who were trying to cancel and use the fcc to rebook the same cruise when prices dropped.  Most of the communications say fcc can be used on ANY (their caps) cruise.

Remember to take whatever you are told on the phone with a HUGE grain of salt.  Seems like the reps are not passing on the correct information for whatever reason.  Took them more than a day to acknowledge that there was an issue with my now cancelled cruise - departure port was closed to ships.  Many people cancelled rather than waiting for the cruise to be cancelled by NCL and are upset that they aren't eligible the the terms offered to those who waited.

I would recommend that everyone who is cancelling a cruise make and keep dated copies of the published policy that applies to their situation, as the terms are changing quite frequently.

30 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Future cruise credits are different than CruiseNext certificates and have different T&Cs.  If you cancel or your cruise is cancelled, your CruiseNext certificates should go back to your account, with the original expiration date - those are the terms when you buy them.  FCC terms will be what they are at the time they are given - what you have should also show up in your NCL account but it could take some time.  I do know that they blocked people who were trying to cancel and use the fcc to rebook the same cruise when prices dropped.  Most of the communications say fcc can be used on ANY (their caps) cruise.

Remember to take whatever you are told on the phone with a HUGE grain of salt.  Seems like the reps are not passing on the correct information for whatever reason.  Took them more than a day to acknowledge that there was an issue with my now cancelled cruise - departure port was closed to ships.  Many people cancelled rather than waiting for the cruise to be cancelled by NCL and are upset that they aren't eligible the the terms offered to those who waited.

I would recommend that everyone who is cancelling a cruise make and keep dated copies of the published policy that applies to their situation, as the terms are changing quite frequently.

Ours were going to expire in July, that’s why we had booked our April cruise with them. 

• Like 1

Just now, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Ours were going to expire in July, that’s why we had booked our April cruise with them. 

I suspect under the circumstances you will be able to get an extension if you ask.  They've done that for people in the past.  Just make sure you have a copy of the certificate numbers because who knows when things will calm down enough to find someone to deal with it.

I'll have 4 with the current cancellations, plus another 4 already applied to cruises in May and October.  But they are still good for a couple of years.

5 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I suspect under the circumstances you will be able to get an extension if you ask.  They've done that for people in the past.  Just make sure you have a copy of the certificate numbers because who knows when things will calm down enough to find someone to deal with it.

I'll have 4 with the current cancellations, plus another 4 already applied to cruises in May and October.  But they are still good for a couple of years.

No idea what our numbers were. How do I find out?

8 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

No idea what our numbers were. How do I find out?

They send out an email confirmation when you buy them, so if you keep your old emails it might be there.  If you booked through a TA, then they probably have a record of the certificates.

Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is that you will have to call NCL or wait until your cruise is cancelled for it to go back to your account.

There is a huge difference between Future Cruise Credit and Cruise Next Certs. For starters, Cruise Next Certs are purchased, FCC is usually given by NCL like a rebate. Cruise Next only applies towards the down payment, FCC can not be used for a down payment (I tried). My FCC was automatically applied to my next booked cruise. As far as I know, FCC does not appear in your My NCL account, I am not sure about Cruise Next. When speaking to an NCL rep you had better be using the correct term because if you don't they will read from the wrong screen and give you wrong information.

Just now, Love my butler said:

All your cruisenext certificates are listed on your 'my account' page.  Log into your NCL account and you can easily access that information.

They only show the ones that are available.  If you have used them, they no longer appear until they are returned to your account after your cruise is cancelled.

4 minutes ago, julig22 said:

They send out an email confirmation when you buy them, so if you keep your old emails it might be there.  If you booked through a TA, then they probably have a record of the certificates.

Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is that you will have to call NCL or wait until your cruise is cancelled for it to go back to your account.

I doubt I still have an email that old, it’s been almost 4 years I think. I did ask my NCL rep. I forget what they call them. 

3 minutes ago, Love my butler said:

All your cruisenext certificates are listed on your 'my account' page.  Log into your NCL account and you can easily access that information.

Mine aren’t because they are still listed on our canceled cruise. 😏

Thanks to all for your input.  I just had 2 cruisenext certificates and they were a gift from my daughter.  My patperwork from the cancelled cruise shows shows that I used them for payment on that cruise.  I am not forseeing a problem, just like to prepare.  

• Like 1

I was just told that Cruise Next  will be returned to account. FCC can be applied to an already booked future reservation. These were both open questions yesterday and were escalated to management for clarification.