How long until next cancellations?

az_tchr

18 hours ago, Cornus said:

I'm booked on a May 9 sailing and have not yet been notified by X that a doctor's note is required...I would not have known if not for reading the cruise forums.  

Don't worry- you are not going anywhere on May 9th unfortunately.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, jerryd1 said:

Have just a little PATIENCE!   Unnecessary risk right now is foolishness and terribly inconsiderate to everyone around you.

Risk is a facet of life. Every endeavour has an element of risk. Micheal Jackson wore a mask all the time and lived a long and happy life!!!. At some point the world will need to come out of hibernation. Not right now, but a some stage. Costa Concordia ???. Manageable risk is life.

8 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Risk is a facet of life. Every endeavour has an element of risk. Micheal Jackson wore a mask all the time and lived a long and happy life!!!. At some point the world will need to come out of hibernation. Not right now, but a some stage. Costa Concordia ???. Manageable risk is life.

On 3/22/2020 at 11:31 AM, webecruzin2 said:

I'm just worried that we're being worked up into a lather over something that will pass in the not too distant future and in the meantime our economy will be ruined.

That's what the dinosaurs thought.... geologically speaking, we've got lots of time to get over this.. I'm just worried that I won't be around to see even the near future...

• Like 1

Topic is  when will the next cancellations be announced? 

What cruises do folks have booked  in the next few months after April 10th ?

(Esp ones where final payment dates have passed)

Thinking out loud  sort of  What do folks think about Jan 2021? That's when we hope to use our Future Cruise Credit...If that's too soon, we'll have to use it closer to

the exp date just like many others! Wondering f we should book a short cruise in Oct 2021, as a back up to burn our credit????? Any thoughts?

8 hours ago, poffles said:

I know we are all likely to get it eventually no matter what we do, some of us just need to isolate so as to not contribute right now so this can have a more flattened curve impact.  I am healthy as others have stated, but my doctor once told me in the past with regards to the flu, that I am a carrier and that has stuck with me.  I was one of those that said, I don't get sick, I never get the flu, so I never got the flu shot ... after him saying that to me I woke up and started getting the flu shot and have ever since, always in consideration of those around me, close family that has gone through chemo with weak immune systems, elderly parents, friend very susceptible to bronchial issues.

Excellent point, poffles.  Thanks for sharing about the carrier bit.

We can't look after the planet, which is what had been a/the major news story of the past year, if we can't look after each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dutchclogs said:

Just announced here in the Netherlands:  no external events and everyone must keep 1.5 metre social distancing at all times  until 1 June... no cruising for sure.

What if a guy doesn't know how far a meter is?  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Texed said:

What if a guy doesn't know how far a meter is?  😎

Sheesh! I thought that everyone knew that a metre is defined as the length of the path travelled by light in a vacuum in 1/299792458 of a second. 

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Boris Johnson just addressed UK. He announced mandatory stay at home. Just a few exceptions, like 1 short trip out to exercise, and food shopping if can't be delivered for example. Time for Celebrity to cancel TA to Southampton, don't you think? I already cancelled under CWC Original terms, wish I had waited, this TA should now be cancelled imminently?

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Michael Jackson wore a mask because his nose was falling off !

And this is certainly NOT “manageable risk”.

• Like 2

Might be awhile, their main competition, such as the Princess brand and MSC brand were smart enough, after examining all the facts available, made the responsible decision for their customers and employees, to pull the plug for 60 days, not just 30. At the very last minute they jumped on the bandwagon. Now there is no one to lead the way, and they don’t know what to do.  Things are much worse than before and there is no hope for a solution in the near future, yet the only response is “we’re working on it”.

1 hour ago, HS2BS said:

1 meter is equal to 39.37 inches - slightly over three feet and three inches

Well, I'll be dog gone.  Who would have known?  😊 😁

Edited by Texed
I left out the question mark.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 3:26 PM, teecee60 said:

It will take two, three or four weeks from now, when the number of cases linked to college kids (who were on Florida beaches for spring break) reaches several hundred thousand... or more.

Even I didn't think it would start THIS FAST...

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/03/22/florida-college-students-test-positive-coronavirus-after-spring-break-trip/

The comments below the article might be even more interesting...

5 hours ago, HS2BS said:

1 meter is equal to 39.37 inches - slightly over three feet and three inches

4 hours ago, Texed said:

Well, I'll be dog gone.  Who would have known?  😊 😁

To put it in language that I understand, that would be 39 3/8".  😀😀 

2 hours ago, teecee60 said:

Even I didn't think it would start THIS FAST...

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/03/22/florida-college-students-test-positive-coronavirus-after-spring-break-trip/

The comments below the article might be even more interesting...

Jesus, clearly parts of America are clearly not taking this seriously. Madness.