Confirmed COVID - Celebrity Silhouette, Feb 23 - Mar 6 Southern Caribbean

spryder

18 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Well that's just great.   We were also on the Silhouette on that cruise.  I feel like I have a little bit of a cold, but it feels a lot worse now.  I wish I knew if we had any contact with this passenger.  As we were waiting in line to get off with several Canadians and it sure seemed like most of them were coughing.

well they should be contacting you. Beginning to think anyone that has been on any cruise in the last 14 days should self quarantine and really pay attention to their health. They are going to have to stop cruises for some time..no other way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nachosdelux said:

I believe the current Silhouette cruise is supposed to end in Miami tomorrow (Sunday March 15).

I hope for all concerned that the passengers are permitted to disembark and head home safely.

We’re on board and worried about clearance tomorrow.  I sure would like to know which cabin he had.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Argo. said:

We’re on board and worried about clearance tomorrow.  I sure would like to know which cabin he had.

We are also on board. If you’ve noticed that carnival ship is going quite a bit faster than us.  May mean nothing, but who knows. 

Edited by TechnoSean
Changed my post.

10 minutes ago, Argo. said:

Cabin assignment doesn’t matter - you don’t even have to be in contact with a passenger, the virus lingers on surfaces for a good amount of time.  Think public shared facilities of washrooms, elevators, bars, dining room, etc.

Recommendation:  self-isolation for 14 days after you disembark

16 minutes ago, lizinindy said:

Celebrity needs to immediately alert the passengers on that cruise. I was on it and I haven’t heard anything from Celebrity.

Recommendation:  self-isolation for 14 days post cruise

36 minutes ago, 2cndguys said:

Feels like self isolation could be necessary as we do not want to be the ones to spread this to others IF we are in fact carriers.

Highly recommend self-isolation for 14 days post cruise.

2 minutes ago, lizinindy said:

Just alerted the dentist’s office that I won’t be coming in as expected on Monday! Staying inside...and drinking plenty of quarantinis!

hahaha,,,quarantinis....a new word for the dictionary.....they should put that on the Martini Bar's menu!  Ingredients?

• Like 1

Just now, Shipswap said:

Everyone entering Canada is to self- isolate for 14/days, regardless of nationality.

We have so many immediate neighbours returning from the sunny south in a few weeks....it's going to be very quiet around here!

5 minutes ago, Shipswap said:

Everyone entering Canada is to self- isolate for 14/days, regardless of nationality.

Is this a newly announced measure.  The Canadain government website states to self monitor only.  Self isolation statement is only for those traveling from select countries.

It is difficult to keep current with changes on policy out here on the water.

5 minutes ago, 2cndguys said:

Is this a newly announced measure.  The Canadain government website states to self monitor only.  Self isolation statement is only for those traveling from select countries.

It is difficult to keep current with changes on policy out here on the water.

You can follow the almost daily updates here:
https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices/221

• Like 1

We were also contacted by our insurance company, Allianz to haul our backsides home  within ten days of the warning given on the 13th.  Our daughter has already picked up a few essentials for our quarantine... don’t have the fixings for the quartinis though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This man could have potentially infected people in Barbados, St. Vincent and St. Kitts. Who would blame the governments of these countries if they banned cruise ships for the foreseeable future.  Look at how European countries are being  overwhelmed by Covid 19, this has could decimate the islands in a short amount of time.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Shipswap said:

That’s no help to those that had contact with them before they entered Canada.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, pstone1 said:
  1 hour ago,  Shipswap said: 

That’s no help to those that had contact with them before they entered Canada.

The response was for those travellers returning to Canada (or entering) from any travel outside of our borders.  We are now at a Level 3, fringing on Level 4 (the highest restrictions).

Each country / government has their own travel advisories and recommendations for what to do when returning from a trip, if they decided to travel during this pandemic crisis.   Hopefully, all travellers wherever they are and now returning home, follow their local / federal recommendations, whatever they may be.

Edited by hvbaskey
  • Like 1

I have a friend whose grandaughter may have been exposed by a friend who returned from Europe.  It is truly amazing how quickly Covid-19 can spread, making it virtually impossible to contact others that may have been exposed.  She self-guaranteed herself, using the casita attached to the house until she can be tested.  My personal physician has a very limited amount of tests, and will administer the test while you are in the car.  He is part of the MDVIP network, so that is why he has some tests.  I do not expect to need one, but I am very happy that this service is available now.  

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1