Confirmed COVID - Celebrity Silhouette, Feb 23 - Mar 6 Southern Caribbean

spryder

23 minutes ago, caribbeansun said:

Right - after he (if it's a he) returned.  You and others claimed he didn't report to Celebrity - you don't know that.  It is guess work because you have no way of knowing.  You have no reason to believe what I'm saying either other than I can speak from experience with the same/similar local health system - take the 10th thing with a grain of salt - our health system was in no way prepared to handle this and they gave terrible advice that first week.

For all you and others know, including myself, he may have followed the Celebrity medical staff directions (then again, he may not have - I don't know any better than you do) - none of us know, so I'm asking that all of us suspend the speculation because we don't know.  What I'm seeing is a lot of condemnation without all the facts and relying on our local media is well frankly a bit of a joke so.

Anyway, I'm not telling anyone to shut up or think like me (if that's how it is taken then I apologize for that as it wasn't my intent) other than to ask that we ALL stop speculating - I don't think that's too much to ask but yes, that's just my opinion and I've said my bit.

You're right...not there or in his/her shoes so how do we know.  Only read the facts from your local news...which is right down the road from mine...to whom I give a big kudo...doing the best they can reporting facts and not able to dig deep the way the large newspapers do or the internet or cable news.  Toronto Star is in every small town and city...not hard to find out more than what's in our local paper.  Happy you're well and survived your awful interaction with the folks who had disgusting habits in the OV. 

7 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

It's in the cruise terminals and airports.  

If we had more tests you'd find a lot more infected. 

That's true.  Really hoping the stats don't reach what's being forecast and all of us keeping social distance and self isolation if needed will keep the numbers down.

We were contacted by the Alberta Health Services on March 16 to inform us of a positive COVID19 on our cruise from Feb 23-Mar6 Silhouette. Asked us about symptoms and making sure we are self isolating. We have zero symptoms and told to keep monitoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Argo. said:

I would like to know if any Silhouette passenger has received a refund of the 25% cruise fare promised in a note from the captain dated March 8th?

Good question.  I just looked at my charge statement and there it is - a credit from Celebrity for $23.16 - a bit lighter than my expectations - perhaps they deducted a service charge as if it were a bar tab.  This should be fun to sort out in the midst of the chaos.  

3 hours ago, Argo. said:

I would like to know if any Silhouette passenger has received a refund of the 25% cruise fare promised in a note from the captain dated March 8th?

We haven't but with all the cancellations, etc. I'll be patient.  We have the notice as proof of what we are supposed to receive.

1 hour ago, Aggravation said:

a credit from Celebrity for $23.16 - a bit lighter than my expectations - perhaps they deducted a service charge as if it were a bar tab.  This should be fun to sort out in the midst of the chaos.  

$23.16 as 25% of a 12 night cruise?  Please use smoke signals to tell us all the name of your Agent!  Lol!  ;-p  Looks like they dropped a zero...  or two?  

Please report back!  And good luck with the continued negatives.

1 hour ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

$23.16 as 25% of a 12 night cruise?  Please use smoke signals to tell us all the name of your Agent!  Lol!  😜 Looks like they dropped a zero...  or two?  

Please report back!  And good luck with the continued negatives.

Actually booked directly through Celebrity - but as I think this through, perhaps there were port taxes and fees for our two visits to Miami. That would drop the net significantly.  I won’t pursue this for a week or so, let the dust settle a bit.  Will update. 

In a related development, we received an anonymous text today, directing us to  a CDC website, which in turn advised that we self-quarantine for two weeks as a post-cruise precaution. Missed that step in the brochure. Someone out there signaling a concern. 

7 minutes ago, sheffield said:

Did you notice the age of those people? Only two in their sixties, the rest were all younger, incredibly scary. 

And again calling into question Celebrity's decision to require a doctor's ok for passengers 70+.

16 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

What cruise ship these passengers were on? Time will tell I guess. Just hope everyone gets through this. 

A7DE2F30-6376-4FB5-A243-0AA469F6A044.jpeg

Not sure if they will list it - but this is the Ontario Ministry of Health Board - refer to # 178 - 182 (Hamilton)

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus#section-0

524503564_ScreenShot2020-03-17at9_30_18PM.thumb.png.acb3f52267da25569811d418bcb0fb92.png

As a passenger on this cruise I would have hoped that X would have contacted us.  Based on my calling them and saying they had heard about it through media channels.   Thanks to this board and Canadian news.  I don’t fault X on the early stages as the pax didn’t inform the ship.  However, since Saturday the news has been out there and yet nothing.   I have self quarantined myself and informed my work of the situation.  I have no symptoms on day 11 since debarkation and feel fine.   I suspect X is overwhelmed and if their office is anything like their website, I understand.  

I hope all who are sick are getting better and I will still sail X.   

See you at the Sunset Bar.  

• Like 2

I was on the Feb 23-March 6 sailing and not happy I had to hear about there being a case on-board via another passenger having been contacted by the health dept, very ignorant of a person to exhibit symptoms on March 1 and walk around for 6 days, should be charged.

I have a family member in ICU and now cannot safely visit!

• Like 1

Just now, son3cruisers said:

Well isn’t that interesting. Changed their minds I guess after looking at the facts. 

Well they obviously know of the issue. I was on that cruise and have been sick since March 12 and my local health unit contacted us last night because our names were listed on the manifest 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Briguy071 said:

Well they obviously know of the issue. I was on that cruise and have been sick since March 12 and my local health unit contacted us last night because our names were listed on the manifest 

Thank goodness for Canada’s clarity and persistence to keep us safe up here! I hope you’re ok and getting the care you need. 

Thank you so much for your concern .  We are doing well. It’s a real shame that Celebrity has not been transparent.  This was our first ever cruise and we loved it but the lack of transparency is very concerning and upsetting. 

• Like 1