Would you take 125 %FCC or 100% money back from Celebrity?

Pedro2400

Our April 12 sailing was cancelled, Would you take FCC or 100% money back from Celebrity?

I can see they already increased 2021 prices by 15-25%  compared to prices showing earlier this week?

Edited by Pedro2400

April 12 doesn’t show on the list of US cancellations.  Sailing are scheduled to start again on April 11.

We cancelled our April TA and are taking a FCC.  We cruise 4-5 times a year so we will be able to use it easily. 

Ditto, jelayne. We have 7 future cruises booked after our July 4 and 12 cruises, if we get to take them. We already will have 100% FCC from our May 2 and 12 cruises which we will have to cancel, unless RCI/X come out with another 30 day suspension  which would include those May cruises.  Then we would be happy to get 125% FCC. 

17 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

I am also trying to decide.

Thinking the refund might be a wiser choice.

Im thinking that there might be restrictions attached to the FCC.

Money you can't spend anywhere else is quite restricted, IMHO.  

• Like 7

We cancelled early last week and of course received the 100% FCC.

When we look ahead to rescheduling in early 2021 on another 7 day cruise out of FLL, it will additionally cost us up to $700pp AFTER the FCC is applied. If we drop down to 6 day cruise, it will cost $435 additional. Even if we drop to 4 day cruise out of MIA, it will cost us, after FCC is applied, an additional $125pp. Celebrity is effectively causing loyal past cruisers to look elsewhere due to their higher and higher prices.

• Like 3

For casual cruisers like me that only have 1 or 2 cruises per year, cash refund is a no-brainer.   For people who already got a bunch of cruises booked for next year, it would be better to take the 125% FCC that could apply to a already booked cruise with no risk of next year pricing goes 150% or higher...

We’re booked on the April 21 Equinox cruise, and we are not cancelling — we want to go on this cruise as the itinerary isn’t  being repeated next year (or maybe ever).   If Celebrity cancels, we’re taking our money back.  

I really like the Celebrity product . . . however, Celebrity’s management of their product during this crisis has been very poor.  Sadly, I don’t know if I will be cruising with them again.  

Edited by Older Sister
  • Like 6

In all my reservations I do not see changes in the "Cabin Rate", for a NRD reservation with 4 perks, the net amount to be paid is increasing due to the promotion change on March 5, no free extra perk. Hopefully everything will return to normal soon.

6 minutes ago, lostchild said:

I believe you can't use it for cruise in 2022... just 2020 and 2021.

I call the Crown and Anchor Society and the Captains Club early the AM and both agents advised me that any cruise booked with the FCC has to be taken NLT 31 December 2021. The FCC can also be used for existing bookings that are no further out than 31 December 2021. According to the C&A and CC reps FCC will not/can not be applied to any 2022 and beyond bookings. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, elliekate said:

While it would be nice to receive a 125% FCC, does anyone worry about the cruise lines filing Chapter 11?  Then, I assume all FCC credits will be lost?  Just cautious or curious! 

Chapter 11 should be fine... now if they file Chapter 7....

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

April 12 doesn’t show on the list of US cancellations.  Sailing are scheduled to start again on April 11.

We cancelled our April TA and are taking a FCC.  We cruise 4-5 times a year so we will be able to use it easily. 

our Edge Sailing for April 12 is on the list of cancel sailings.

3 minutes ago, Pedro2400 said:

what are the chances for bankruptcy for RCL? close to 1%? 

I hope that is not the case but they must be losing millions of dollars and their stock is down 65%.  I have not heard if the government will provide financial assistance.

We took a refund since we already have another cruise that is past final payment for 2020 and another cruise booked for 2021 that we got an amazing deal on. While the FCC would have been great it wasn’t worth just trying to find something to use it on.

20 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I call the Crown and Anchor Society and the Captains Club early the AM and both agents advised me that any cruise booked with the FCC has to be taken NLT 31 December 2021. The FCC can also be used for existing bookings that are no further out than 31 December 2021. According to the C&A and CC reps FCC will not/can not be applied to any 2022 and beyond bookings. 

That’s interesting because I’ve heard others were told the FCC could only be used for new bookings.  I’ll have to check this.  I already have cruises booked I’d planned on using the FCC towards.

• Like 1