Would you take 125 %FCC or 100% money back from Celebrity?

Pedro2400

32 minutes ago, travel1light said:

I am afraid that FCC will be the only option going forward with the next set of cancellations.  That’s what Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations has already done. 

Be careful when using Air Canada or Air Canada Vacations as an example. My son and family were booked on ACV for a Mexican vacation starting last Saturday. After the PM's Friday advisory to Canadians not to travel out of the country, they decided to cancel. So far, ACV wants nothing to do with them in spite of what they say publicly. 

On 3/18/2020 at 5:20 PM, gangbuster said:

I was talking to Celebrity yesterday and they informed me that the FCC could be used for existing bookings provided you have not made your final payment which would in my opinion be reasonable.

If the rules are going to change they should be advising their customers before they take the FCC or refund. 

I for one am going to try and hold them to the above as I do keep a diary of all my conversations like this.

I think Celebrity has to realize that there is a lot of cruisers out there who have a stake in this situation .  

I posted a comment regarding this very question about applying FCC to an existing booking that another person had raised on the Celebrity Facebook page.    I just received the following response from Celebrity....

"we apologize for the confusion. Guests do have the option to use their FCC on an existing booking. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you!"

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jerryd1 said:

I posted a comment regarding this very question about applying FCC to an existing booking that another person had raised on the Celebrity Facebook page.    I just received the following response from Celebrity....

"we apologize for the confusion. Guests do have the option to use their FCC on an existing booking. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you!"

Really

58 minutes ago, jerryd1 said:

And I just got the same information from one of their live chat agents a few minutes ago.  so if our May 18 sailing from Dublin is canceled it is give me the cash.  it it is not canceled I will that the FCC and find a use for it in 2021.  Alaska in early July 2020 from Vancouver will be canceled at final payment, likely to cancel the Best of Italy in October too when that gets to final...so glad we did the $50 pp NRD on that one.  

19 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

That is not what a Celebrity rep told in the last hour.  Clearly said, "sorry only new bookings" when I asked about it. 

There are at least two posts within the past 24 hours with written confirmation from Celebrity that an FCC can be used for existing bookings. That goes with the dozens of posts from people who have received the same information verbally, myself included. It would be nice if Celebrity was 100% consistent, but lacking that, I'll go with the majority.

17 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

There are at least two posts within the past 24 hours with written confirmation from Celebrity that an FCC can be used for existing bookings. That goes with the dozens of posts from people who have received the same information verbally, myself included. It would be nice if Celebrity was 100% consistent, but lacking that, I'll go with the majority.

Because I have seen statements here that Celebrity had changed there minds and made it only new bookings just like they changed their mind and made it all FCC rather than cash and FCC when all of this started I reached out and asked Celebrity directly because we have one cruise coming up in May that I feel will be canceled and if it is we, under current rules, would be offered 125% FCC or a full refund.  If that happens I would choose the FCC and apply it another cruuise we have book in the fall or one we have booked in 2021.  Anyway, that is the information I got today from Celebrity, if you have FCC from a cruise that is canceled or you chose to cancel under Cruise with Confidence it can only be applied to a new booking.  Maybe I am wrong, maybe "Anthony" was wrong...but if my next cruise is canceled I am taking the cash unless the offer me something in writing confirming I that I can use the FCC for a currently booked cruise.  Time will tell.

I understand your dilemma. Have you considered calling and talking to another rep, and no matter what the answer, asking to talk to a supervisor?

We have FCC for an April cruise we cancelled and were advised by Celebrity that we could apply it to a cruise booked for next March. Lots of time for us to see how this all plays out, but you might want to clarify now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

Because I have seen statements here that Celebrity had changed there minds and made it only new bookings just like they changed their mind and made it all FCC rather than cash and FCC when all of this started I reached out and asked Celebrity directly because we have one cruise coming up in May that I feel will be canceled and if it is we, under current rules, would be offered 125% FCC or a full refund.  If that happens I would choose the FCC and apply it another cruuise we have book in the fall or one we have booked in 2021.  Anyway, that is the information I got today from Celebrity, if you have FCC from a cruise that is canceled or you chose to cancel under Cruise with Confidence it can only be applied to a new booking.  Maybe I am wrong, maybe "Anthony" was wrong...but if my next cruise is canceled I am taking the cash unless the offer me something in writing confirming I that I can use the FCC for a currently booked cruise.  Time will tell.

You have the option of converting the FCC to a cash refund through 12/31/21 based upon current Celebrity information...so you can change your mind if you  don't like the deal in the future. 25% is a fairly large bonus if you have a cruise already booked to apply it to...I agree that Celebrity currently is allowing this to occur.  My travel agent has confirmed this as well.

14 minutes ago, henry1005 said:

You have the option of converting the FCC to a cash refund through 12/31/21 based upon current Celebrity information...so you can change your mind if you  don't like the deal in the future. 25% is a fairly large bonus if you have a cruise already booked to apply it to...I agree that Celebrity currently is allowing this to occur.  My travel agent has confirmed this as well.

The realty is, just like the COVID-19 story this is changing every hour.  Right now our May 18 cruise is on but covered by the CWC.  I am sitting back and watching for now.  If they cancel it I will double check the rules then and make a decision.  If they don't cancel it and I have to be the one who cancels then I know I have to deal with FCC.  I would love to have the 25% bonus if I can apply it a current booking.  I guess at this point I am not the most trusting person. 

Edited by Mr. Click
I can't type.

I just called the Captains Club and the rep told me that the  current 125 % FCC offer can be applied to any existing booking that still have a balance owed on that booking. Must be applied prior to the 31 December 2021 date. This is exactly what the Captains Club and the Crown & Anchor reps told me last Friday (13 March). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m surprised that Celebrity are still selling the NZ / Australia cruise on 14th April from Auckland..... NZ and Australia are closed to cruise ships (NZ until 30 June) so there’s no way that cruise can go ahead or even start... yet they are still selling it.

same with the following cruise from Sydney to Hawaii  - supposed to go to NZ and Tahiti then to Hawaii and Tahiti is also closed to cruise ships.

at the moment NZ is closed to all incoming people except NZ citizens/ permanent residents.

i just don’t understand why celebrity haven’t removed these cruises from their website 

2 hours ago, Muffinz said:

I’m surprised that Celebrity are still selling the NZ / Australia cruise on 14th April from Auckland..... NZ and Australia are closed to cruise ships (NZ until 30 June) so there’s no way that cruise can go ahead or even start... yet they are still selling it.

same with the following cruise from Sydney to Hawaii  - supposed to go to NZ and Tahiti then to Hawaii and Tahiti is also closed to cruise ships.

at the moment NZ is closed to all incoming people except NZ citizens/ permanent residents.

i just don’t understand why celebrity haven’t removed these cruises from their website 

Because all the time there are people out there who glibly think this will all be over in 2 weeks, or even 2 months, they will be getting bookings and money. Then when these cruises are cancelled Celebrity will be able to keep that money and offer FCC. They are changing the rules all the time to protect themselves.

i did read somewhere that you can only apply FCC once, and that if you use it on a cruise  which then gets cancelled it’s non-transferable and you lose the lot.

Anyone know if this is true? 

4 hours ago, ellie1145 said:

i did read somewhere that you can only apply FCC once, and that if you use it on a cruise  which then gets cancelled it’s non-transferable and you lose the lot.

Anyone know if this is true? 

If Celebrity cancel the cruise they will reissue the FCC 

• Like 2

So, my thoughts are next round of cancellations will be FCC only. Don’t think RC survives if they offer refunds. What would, if anything, makes that acceptable to you? For me, 150% of price paid, 2 years from original date of cruise to book, 3 years to use, FCC can be used for deposits. And FCC’s reusable if I cancel inside normal cancellation deadlines. 

28 minutes ago, travel1light said:

So, my thoughts are next round of cancellations will be FCC only. Don’t think RC survives if they offer refunds. What would, if anything, makes that acceptable to you? For me, 150% of price paid, 2 years from original date of cruise to book, 3 years to use, FCC can be used for deposits. And FCC’s reusable if I cancel inside normal cancellation deadlines. 

Can they really refuse cash back on a service you paid for and they could not deliver? That does not seem right.

Laura

10 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

Can they really refuse cash back on a service you paid for and they could not deliver? That does not seem right.

Laura

I doubt it. Here in the U.K., if a company cancels on you, then you are entitled to a full refund.

24 minutes ago, downsmead said:

I doubt it. Here in the U.K., if a company cancels on you, then you are entitled to a full refund.

We very much hope this holds true downsmead. 

We are hoping and praying Princess cancel our May 23rd cruise and realise this is still a long way out so the chances of getting our money back seems uncertain. Luckily we did a package with flights and hotel this time (we don’t always) so should have ABTA/ATOL cover so if there’s any money left in the pot that may be our only chance of a refund.

We DO have insurance, never travel without it, but at the moment can’t get an answer from them as the cruise is not for 8 weeks. But we are quarantined for 3 or 4 months due to our age, so certainly couldn’t go on a transatlantic flight or a cruise!

Edited by ellie1145

10 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

Laura

In the normal course they can’t, but these are extraordinary times. We’re waiting for Celebrity the cancel our May 10 Apex sailing and will most likely take the refund, though we do want to rebook the same itinerary for next year.