Would you take 125 %FCC or 100% money back from Celebrity?

Pedro2400

It is becoming a trend across the cruise industry. They have cash flow difficulties and REFUNDS are looking unlikely and they are saying the exceptional circumstances allow for FCC instead of cash refunds.  Initially refund were available but within days FCC became the norm.  
MSC have openly stated that the situations allows for them to change their T&C and refund will not be available.  The only way will be the legal route.

2 hours ago, delebos said:

We cancelled our two cruises ( after final payment) under Celebrity’s policy of cancelling up to 48hrs. before the cruise departs. We received some cash and the rest was in FCC. We have several cruises booked between now and the end of 2021 so using the FCC will not be a problem. 

My question is if anyone has a definitive answer if those FCC can be combined to pay for one cruise or do we have use one towards one cruise and one towards another. Only asking because I’ve heard different things from different travel agents.

Thanks.

If you look at the T&C's online, it says that any residual amount will be issued on a new certificate, so the balance can be applied to another cruise. Just s potty that you can't put it towards extras like specialty dining etc.

Just now, wrk2cruise said:

I don't believe you can use more than 1 FCC per passenger on any single cruise.

That was what we were originally told, however some friends on the same cancelled cruises as us were told they are combinable. In looking at Celebritys Cancel cruise FAQ and other places it is not spelled out either way. At least no where I can find it.🤔

Just received a email from Celebrity.     They just cancelled more cruises saying......  

"Given the gravity of the public health crisis confronting the world, we have decided to extend the suspension of our global cruise operations through May 11th; we will suspend our Alaska sailings through July 1st, as the region will remain closed to cruise ships through the early summer. "

9 hours ago, BP99 said:

Hi,

I contacted my TA about not having their "confirmation reply will be sent shortly".

They contacted Celebrity.

Celebrity said they got my online form.

But no confirmation email was sent. 

No refund. No confirmation email. Like everyone else.

I'm not in a rush but I would like a conformation that I may (someday)

in the future receive a refund. 

Not sitting in your Spam or Junk Mail box?

Curious if anyone has any experience like my situation.    I was booked on a B2B2B and won upgrades on two of the cruises.   This was for 3/15 and 3/21.    I'm holding off calling because I don't want to burden them with a non-emergency.    

I've read that you will be given a FCC for the amount of the cruise only and the other amounts would be refunded to original form of payment.    Has anyone received a credit for the paid upgrade?

On 3/22/2020 at 10:05 PM, hiccups said:

I posted earlier we requested a refund.  I think if cruise lines had done what some of the all-inclusive resorts have done--"Change the Date, Keep your Rate," more people would have been likely to have re-booked even without the extra 25% FCC.  I know we would have!

I agree.  We definitely would have re-booked if we could have the rate with a different date.  I asked our TA and she said nope, can't be done.  So we took the refund.  Even with the 125% FCC, the rates were higher than any benefit with getting the additional 25%. 

Right now we’re booked on the Summit for July. I really don’t expect the cruise line to be sailing then, so I’m trying to rebook for July of 2021, essentially the same cruise, same cabin category. It’s looking like we will have to pay an additional deposit plus maybe change fees to do this, and then eventually we will get a FCC for the original deposit. We are 3 weeks from final payment, so right now just have the 1,000.00 deposit down, but not feeling too great about having to pay out more money. The other option is to wait until the next round of cancellations, but that would probably be past final payment date 😐

I just wondered what others were doing relative to the cancellation of the Celebrity cruises through the beginning of May.  The extra 25% is nice but I have to admit some concern if I don't use that credit very shortly that the cruise lines if this pandemic continues will have to seek bankruptcy protection.  

We are taking a refund. We had six cruises booked this year and we took two of them in January, so we had four left.

i am less worried about solvency (which may mean I am not smart!!!!) and more concerned about holding a handful of future cruise certificates that have to be used next year. One was just cancelled by Celebrity and we are waiting for Cunard to cancel our return crossing because we want a refund.

We canceled one last week because final payment was due next week on a 21 day Cunard in July. Final payment for our last booked cruise this year is due at the end of April. Keeping with my philosophy of no more final payments until this situation is improving, we will either cancel or move the booking to late 2021.

This new round of cancellations from Celebrity include one half of a b2b in May(5/09). We are taking a refund for this cruise as there is no reason that our nearly $6,000 should be in anyone’s bank but ours. That still leaves the 5/19 cruise to New England/Canada that is going to have an itinerary change, but to where?

Hal

I guess each person has to look at their situation to answer this question.  I don't think that celebrity has been as fair as a lot of people are saying. If they cancel they HAVE to offer a refund.  OK,  they did and will try to entice people to take the credit at 125%.  Now that really sounds good, but think about it, for the people that cruise several times a year than its not a bad idea (that's if they stay in business which I think they will)  But for the ones that can only cruise once a year due to travel and other expenses than there is a problem.  Now for me, my cruise was $4800. ,  with 125% that would give me a FCC of $6000. which is nice because Celebrity has raised all of their cruise prices for next year.  But I now have to pay a down payment for the new cruise that the FCC cannot be used for. So for the same cruise next year I have to pay about a $1000. down payment and then use some of the FCC which will still give me a fair bit of FCC that will be lost by the end of next year (Dec. 31/2021).  So, Celebrity, I think you have made a mistake, I think due to that one little point of not being able to use the FCC for the down payment has put a lot of people in the position of having to take the refund. Just my opinion from my position.  😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, charmed101 said:

I guess each person has to look at their situation to answer this question.  I don't think that celebrity has been as fair as a lot of people are saying. If they cancel they HAVE to offer a refund.  OK,  they did and will try to entice people to take the credit at 125%.  Now that really sounds good, but think about it, for the people that cruise several times a year than its not a bad idea (that's if they stay in business which I think they will)  But for the ones that can only cruise once a year due to travel and other expenses than there is a problem.  Now for me, my cruise was $4800. ,  with 125% that would give me a FCC of $6000. which is nice because Celebrity has raised all of their cruise prices for next year.  But I now have to pay a down payment for the new cruise that the FCC cannot be used for. So for the same cruise next year I have to pay about a $1000. down payment and then use some of the FCC which will still give me a fair bit of FCC that will be lost by the end of next year (Dec. 31/2021).  So, Celebrity, I think you have made a mistake, I think due to that one little point of not being able to use the FCC for the down payment has put a lot of people in the position of having to take the refund. Just my opinion from my position.  😊

Very good point....

On 3/14/2020 at 11:19 AM, Pedro2400 said:

Our April 12 sailing was cancelled, Would you take FCC or 100% money back from Celebrity?

I can see they already increased 2021 prices by 15-25%  compared to prices showing earlier this week?

Our April 11th cruise just got cancelled.  We are taking the 125% to use towards one of our 2021 cruises already booked.  In the meantime, I just booked a new cruise (B2B cruises this June/July) with my TA and got a great deal with 2 Perks and extra OBC.

6 hours ago, Pedro2400 said:

Just in case anyone is interested......

Q: Can you use your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on an existing booking? 

A: Yes. FCCs can be applied to an existing booking.

That is exactly what we are doing for 1 of our 2021 booked cruises.  Separately, I booked a new cruise for this summer since 2020 fares are still low, compared to new 2021 bookings.

24 minutes ago, BOLOCRUISE said:

That is exactly what we are doing for 1 of our 2021 booked cruises.  Separately, I booked a new cruise for this summer since 2020 fares are still low, compared to new 2021 bookings.

I wonder why they are so low?

Could it be because there won’t be anywhere to sail come the summer? 

29 minutes ago, BOLOCRUISE said:

Our April 11th cruise just got cancelled.  We are taking the 125% to use towards one of our 2021 cruises already booked.  In the meantime, I just booked a new cruise (B2B cruises this June/July) with my TA and got a great deal with 2 Perks and extra OBC.

This June? 🤭