Would you take 125 %FCC or 100% money back from Celebrity?

Pedro2400

On 3/27/2020 at 12:22 AM, Longwood50 said:

Lexmiller,

It is my understanding that future cruise credits can only be applied towards future cruises not towards shore excursions, specialty dining.  etc. I don't know about things like prepaid gratuities but I suspect not.  So you could upgrade your cabin, take two cruises, since any unused portion stays in your account until the end of 2021 or take a longer cruise. 

that is correct.

What about the 125% now being offered to cover money paid for excursions etc. Surely that is meant to be offset against the same on your new cruise!

If you pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruises, you will have the option of receiving 125% Onboard Credit (OBC) to be used on your next sailing, or you may choose a 100% refund

Edited by downsmead

On 3/26/2020 at 6:30 AM, Longwood50 said:

Mytravellove,

Just what were you expecting?  All of the cruise lines have been dealing with a crisis that was not of their doing.  They have been fielding untold thousands of calls, emails, rescheduling cruises, getting existing passengers denied port entry back to their home country.  Were you expecting they would take time out to send you a warm and fuzzy email or personal call.  

I guess you would be someone who when the Titanic was sinking would call the front desk wondering why your room service was slow. 

Longwood50, if you look at my post, I was QUOTING someone else. I will definitely cruise with Celebrity. I like their ships, service, in some cases their itinerary and being Elite (very close to Elite Plus) I like their perks. However, it may not be in 2020 or 2021. So I have asked for 100% refund for my April 5th cruise that Celebrity has cancelled. There is no rush as they have indicated that refunds will be posted within 30 days.

Now I do have another Celebrity cruise on May 18th that hasn't been cancelled yet....but they can take their time to cancel that too...as I don't have flights, tours, hotels or anything booked...so nothing else to cancel (yes, sometimes procrastination pays off!)!

30 minutes ago, Mytravellove said:

Longwood50, if you look at my post, I was QUOTING someone else. I will definitely cruise with Celebrity. I like their ships, service, in some cases their itinerary and being Elite (very close to Elite Plus) I like their perks. However, it may not be in 2020 or 2021. So I have asked for 100% refund for my April 5th cruise that Celebrity has cancelled. There is no rush as they have indicated that refunds will be posted within 30 days.

Now I do have another Celebrity cruise on May 18th that hasn't been cancelled yet....but they can take their time to cancel that too...as I don't have flights, tours, hotels or anything booked...so nothing else to cancel (yes, sometimes procrastination pays off!)!

Hi Mytravellove,

Hey, I was also booked on that April 5th cruise. We are also from Nova Scotia!! Too

bad we couldn't have met on the cruise. We got our taxes and fees back but that's it.

We also are waiting  for a refund for the next cruise (TA that followed- a B2B). We also cancelled 3  cruises in September (cannot risk ever seeing my money back), We are are 

NOT patient or relaxed about getting a refund. They are stalling big time due

to money issues. Many say that it will take 30-60 (or more) days. I'm not

worried about the wait, I worried that they may not exist soon. A LOT of money to

lose. However, again, many people are not concerned about loosing money. Go figure??

Bill

or r

4 minutes ago, BP99 said:

They are stalling big time due

to money issues. Many say that it will take 30-60 (or more) days.

They processed part of my refund March 13th. Received March 17th. Messed up my refund and called back March 18th said 5 to 10 business days it's now 13 business days resolution department said now 30 days as accounting backlogged. It appears they are making too many errors as trying to rush and not checking thereby creating more work for themselves. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2020 at 6:44 PM, SusieV said:

I'm holding out for a higher offer. 125% is not enough when they normally give full refund + full fcc. I'd even be happy with 200% FCC.

Yes, this type of thing has happened over the years to individual sailings that had issues.  I don't know how to say this without it sounding snarky, but I don't mean to be.  How in the world can anyone compare a cancelled sailing or two to hundreds of sailings on ALL their ships cancelled for months?!  There is no way they could make offers like that and stay in business.  No way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Yes, this type of thing has happened over the years to individual sailings that had issues.  I don't know how to say this without it sounding snarky, but I don't mean to be.  How in the world can anyone compare a cancelled sailing or two to hundreds of sailings on ALL their ships cancelled for months?!  There is no way they could make offers like that and stay in business.  No way.

Totally in agreement. Absolutely impossible anyone would get 200% FCC in this day and age. I remember back in 2006 when the Star Princess caught fire in March we were supposed to sail 3 weeks later. This was out of San Juan. We got a check for the full amount plus 25% credit for a future cruise. Now it appears it's only FCC.

On 3/14/2020 at 4:44 PM, SusieV said:

I'm holding out for a higher offer. 125% is not enough when they normally give full refund + full fcc. I'd even be happy with 200% FCC.

Good luck with that. As far as I know Princess had given full refunds and 100% plus Future cruise credit flights home etc., for the passengers from Diamond Princess. I don't know your exact circumstance but don't hold your breath on that one. I'm guessing you will get 125% FCC or a full refund not both.

17 hours ago, Stx3me said:

Does anyone know if the refund and/or FCC include the taxes paid?

thanks much.

Taxes paid on cancelled sailing will be credited on original form of payment.

125 % FCC is calculated based on amount before taxes.

4 minutes ago, goldylocks70 said:

My TA applied for our FCC on March 16th.  Shouldn’t we have it by now?

Taking anywhere from 1 to 2 months for FCC. I'm still waiting for the remainder of my refund from March 13th. CVP keeps saying give it a bit more time. Nobody knows. 

• 2 weeks later...

I received my FCC

Here are the terms and conditions

We would like to make you aware of some important information regarding your FCCs:

• Valid on bookings created on or after March 6, 2020 and existing bookings not yet paid to full.
  • Any booking made using this FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before April 30, 2022, and the FCC must be redeemed on or prior to December 31, 2021.
  • If the FCC is not redeemed on or before December 31, 2021, the certificate will automatically expire and have no value.
  • Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above. FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings.
  • All guests are responsible for taxes and fees, where applicable.
  • Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives other reimbursement which includes claims through our travel protection or requesting a refund.
  • If there is a remaining balance once you redeem your FCC, you'll receive the balance in a new FCC after you complete the sailing it is used to sail on.
  • FCCs are only valid for the cruises on Celebrity Cruises ships, are not transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
  • Additional terms and conditions apply.

11 minutes ago, Pedro2400 said:

Any booking made using this FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before April 30, 2022, and the FCC must be redeemed on or prior to December 31, 2021.

What if there is no vaccine by end of 2021 and Covid 19 is still around. People would be nervous to cruise. Must the FCC be used and risk lives?  Possibilty this could change just like the Fit to travel form did.  

• 1 month later...

Good day,

Just been reading some opinions on this topic and found it interesting.

Noticed that it has not been active for over a month now.

Is there another site or is everybody happy and convinced now?

Thanks for any response

Jan

6 minutes ago, rookie1and2 said:

Good day,

Just been reading some opinions on this topic and found it interesting.

Noticed that it has not been active for over a month now.

Is there another site or is everybody happy and convinced now?

Thanks for any response

Jan

I don't know that everyone is happy, Jan, but I suspect that by now most understand how the system works and the pros and cons of FCC versus refunds.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

I don't know that everyone is happy, Jan, but I suspect that by now most understand how the system works and the pros and cons of FCC versus refunds.

My question  regarding the FCC is: If for some reason the cruise lines decide to bring back the Fit to Travel form for those over 70 and my doctor won't sign it would the FCC then be refunded in the form of cash to your credit card? 

If you are over 70 and have underlying conditions that would make it risky to cruise then you should take the refund.   Considering the very bad outcomes for people with diabetes, kidney or heart problems, lung issues, or obesity, it’s not the time for those with the conditions to cruise.   If you don’t have any of the conditions you should be okay to cruise and if there is a form your doctor should sign it.

I've taken the cash refund for the three cruises Celebrity canceled. Refunds back to our credit card for two cruise that were paid in full. At the end of may I requested cash refund for the deposit for our canceled September cruise. Celebrity cancelled that one before we made final payment. Cash is king. 

28 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If you don’t have any of the conditions you should be okay to cruise and if there is a form your doctor should sign it.

I don't have any medical conditions nor do I take any medications but that doesn't mean my doctor would still be ok to sign the form. I cancelled the cruise before Celebrity did and my deposit was held as an FCC.  Not talking about a lot of cash here but I'd still like it back if I don't cruise.  Time will tell if the Fit to Travel form returns.