Would you take 125 %FCC or 100% money back from Celebrity?

Pedro2400

The Cruise line only wants to keep all of your money.  Future cruise credit is a scam.  The refund process is also a scam.  Since when do you have to send a form in to choose refund of Future cruise credit.  don't forget the fact that refunds will take about 90 days to process, that's plenty of time for them to see what's going on with this corona virus and most of all plenty of time for them to choose to go bankrupt.  The bottom line is that cruise passengers will end up receiving nothing.  or maybe we will just get about eleven bucks from the settlement of a massive lawsuit

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mytravellove said:

On my Princess cruise that was cancelled, I was offered 100% cash refund or 175% FCC. I chose in that case to go with 175% FCC on the basis that I should be able to get a cruise on one of their new ships at much lower prices sometime in 2021. 

Hopefully they won't claim for bankruptcy. 

5 hours ago, henry1005 said:

I believe RCCL (Celebrity) will survive this and understand the risks.

I think they will be fine if not they will be bought out.  I see cruises for Fall 2020 are double than what I paid for the same time frame in 2019 but that could change. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, coolhandjiohnson said:

The Cruise line only wants to keep all of your money.  Future cruise credit is a scam.  The refund process is also a scam.  Since when do you have to send a form in to choose refund of Future cruise credit.  don't forget the fact that refunds will take about 90 days to process, that's plenty of time for them to see what's going on with this corona virus and most of all plenty of time for them to choose to go bankrupt.  The bottom line is that cruise passengers will end up receiving nothing.  or maybe we will just get about eleven bucks from the settlement of a massive lawsuit

Time for you to stop cruising, find another hobby and free yourself from those cruise line scammers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/14/2020 at 7:15 PM, crusinthrough said:

I have not seen an increase in prices since FCC started being issued.  The cruises I have been looking at in 2021 and 2022 are the exact same price since the sale in Feb ended.  Its likely prices will not go down but I don't see an increase now.  In addition,  the 25% would potentially cover the difference in price between current prices and the price that was originally paid for the cancelled cruise. 

I can tell you that for us to book  for the same week next year equal to what we had (veranda cabin with 4 perks) the cost is an additional $1050 after using the 125% FCC. And that would only be a $300 OBC and we had $500.  

So we will be taking the refund. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TCBFlash said:

I can tell you that for us to book  for the same week next year equal to what we had (veranda cabin with 4 perks) the cost is an additional $1050 after using the 125% FCC. And that would only be a $300 OBC and we had $500.  

So we will be taking the refund. 

Lots of people will be noticing the same thing when they attempt to rebook using FFC.  

• Like 2

I'll be taking the cash.  The Eclipse cruise was a really good price and was available at the right time at the right place after Westerdam got canned.  Also, being from Australia, we'd have to fly back over to Hawaii for a similar itinerary to what we've got now, otherwise using FCC next year, for example, it'll be the similar itineraries to what we've done in the past on other lines.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I think they will be fine if not they will be bought out.  I see cruises for Fall 2020 are double than what I paid for the same time frame in 2019 but that could change. 

Bought out by whom? If RCL goes under you bet that all other lines are done as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Bought out by whom? If RCL goes under you bet that all other lines are done as well.

I'm just saying there are all types of scenarios; ie. bankruptcy, buyout, bailout etc. I dont have a crystal ball things are changing by the day. Yesterday restaurants and bars closed today malls are closed or are closing.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, coolhandjiohnson said:

What exactly are you talking about? 

2 minutes ago, Pedro2400 said:

soon RCL stock will be a good buy. Currently its at $21 range.

But on the other hand, as every days goes by, RCL bankruptcy chances are creeping up.... 

If they do go bankrupt I'll be out the FCC even though it's not much. I really hope not I love Celebrity also Princess.  My Celebrity vacation planner is only processing cancelled no new bookings.  I was thinking it would all be back to normal by end summer. Not so sure now.

i agree, we all love cruising. I think things will get to normal soon. But it will take very long time for cruise industry to get back to normal from where we are today and where we will be in next 15 days....

keeping fingers cross..

18 minutes ago, Pedro2400 said:

i agree, we all love cruising. I think things will get to normal soon. But it will take very long time for cruise industry to get back to normal from where we are today and where we will be in next 15 days....

keeping fingers cross..

I'm like you trying to be optimistic but I'm also a realist. Never give up hope, or you're done.

I was origianlly told that FCCs could be applied to any cruise up unitl the end of 2021, even those already booked.

Now it seems the FCC is for new bookings only.

I've switched to the full refund camp.

Edited by sippican

8 minutes ago, sippican said:

I was origianlly told that FCCs could be applied to any cruise up unitl the end of 2021, even those already booked.

Thanks for the information!

Do you have a link to this information or did it come in an email or other sort of communication, please?

someone posted on the facebook group for our (now cancelled) cruise on April 1st out of Auckland, that port taxes / fees are not refunded if you opt for the 100% refund

Can someone confirm if that's correct or not?

17 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Thanks for the information!

Do you have a link to this information or did it come in an email or other sort of communication, please?

First I heard it from a TA who attended an RCCL webinar today, then, with some research  I found it under the terms of the Cruise With Confidence guarantee.

Edited by sippican
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, sippican said:

They are not applicable to Easter or xmas season according to email received today.

11 minutes ago, sippican said:

First I heard it from a TA who attended an RCCL webinar today, then, with some research  I found it under the terms of the Cruise With Confidence guarantee.

Found it. Thanks.

That changes things. We have ten 2020-2022 cruises booked on Celebrity, in addition to the canceled ones. I'm not in a hurry to book more. I'm really disappointed, and I think this is short-sighted on Celebrity's part, as it will encourage more people to take the cash now. One would think they would not be doing things to encourage a further hemorrhaging of cash on hand.

Disclaimer: I didn't get a Business degree, so I could be way off. 

5 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

They are not applicable to Easter or xmas season according to email received today.

Wow! So people who had Easter cruises canceled aren't allowed to use what they paid for an Easter cruise? 

Disappointing!

5 minutes ago, sippican said:

There have been multiple changes over the past couple of weeks, and I fear that some of us are going to get hit by the rule changes. We cancelled a week and a half ago and were advised by Celebrity that the FCC could be used for existing bookings. When the FCC's arrived, there was no prohibition against using them for existing bookings in the accompanying instructions, but they state "Additional terms and conditions apply", pretty much giving them carte blanche to do as they see fit.

If we had waited until Celebrity cancelled, we would have had the option of a 100% refund. Now we have an FCC which we can't use on a booking we have for next March. Not quite fair IMO.

• Like 1