***** MSC: US Cruisers ***

Host Carolyn

Does anyone have any insight on how long it will take to receive the FCC? I submitted the request today and have seen some info saying 14 days from submittal and some still saying 14 days after your sail date. We were on an April 25th sailing and would like to quickly rebook an early May sailing. Obviously that would be very difficult to do if I have to wait until 14 days past April 25th to try to rebook...

Edited by bng804

another question about refunds/FCC:

on wednesday we requested FCC (100%) for the seaside 3/21 cruise (before it was officially canceled)

we already received the taxes/fees refunded to the CC used for payment

the offer now is for 100% cash refund or 125% FCC . . . 

we resubmitted the form for 100% cash refund since the cruise is canceled (obv)

1) what are the odds they refund us in full?

2) since the "Plusgrade" was paid using a different CC, will they refund each amount to the specific card?

• Like 1

Just received email from Norwegian Air that my flight was cancelled for 4/30 return CDG to MIA. No real information on what I need to do. Do Europeans airlines automatically give refunds? 

3 hours ago, bng804 said:

Does anyone have any insight on how long it will take to receive the FCC? I submitted the request today and have seen some info saying 14 days from submittal and some still saying 14 days after your sail date. We were on an April 25th sailing and would like to quickly rebook an early May sailing. Obviously that would be very difficult to do if I have to wait until 14 days past April 25th to try to rebook...

I'm on a May 3rd cruise out of Venice but hold little hope at this time, maybe? but a Big Maybe? We were to fly on May 1st to Venice............ Crickets from everyone because we have to wait I guess 

15 hours ago, scorpioalon said:

another question about refunds/FCC:

on wednesday we requested FCC (100%) for the seaside 3/21 cruise (before it was officially canceled)

we already received the taxes/fees refunded to the CC used for payment

the offer now is for 100% cash refund or 125% FCC . . . 

we resubmitted the form for 100% cash refund since the cruise is canceled (obv)

1) what are the odds they refund us in full?

2) since the "Plusgrade" was paid using a different CC, will they refund each amount to the specific card?

Hello. We were a group of 8, and were booked on the Seaside for 3/21 embarkation. I cancelled 3 rooms late Saturday evening (1.5 hr wait on phone), and we received our refund). 

My parents cancelled earlier this past week, before MSC cancelled the cruise, and they received their FCC. They just got off the phone a few minutes ago, and asked MSC to cancel their FCC , and requested that they give them their refund instead. MSC honored their request with no problems. 

16 hours ago, bng804 said:

You won't be sailing anywhere in April this is going to last through the summer

1 hour ago, GMS4771 said:

Says the travel agent who’s trolling all the cruise websites. Go back to carnival 

How do you know I was on a Carnival site? looks like we might have a cruise critic stalker on our hands folks.  😂

Edited by Cullyman15

16 minutes ago, Cullyman15 said:

How do you know I was on a Carnival site? looks like we might have a cruise critic stalker on our hands folks.  😂

I wanted to see how many other lies you were spreading. Pretty typical of a troller. No one wants to use your TA services. Go try to sell elsewhere. 

Edited by GMS4771
  • Like 2

First off all I never solicited business here, I simply mentioned the advantages of having a TA. Secondly, too bad if I hurt your feelings by stating my opinion (which is allowed here by the way) about ships not sailing through the summer. Calling someone a liar because they said ships won't sail through the summer, really?? Time for you to grow up and stop attacking people on an open forum. Like I said enjoy your cruises.

• Like 1

My sailing is 5/20 Seaview out of Civi..  I would like to cancel my cruise and receive my payment less deposit back, not use the cruise assurance program.  I booked through Expedia.  As per Expedia's request I emailed about my wishes since my sailing is not within 7 days but mentioned that my request is time sensitive since I only have a few more days to still be in the deposit loss only window.  No reply back from Expedia to my email but a new email this morning asking not to call unless cruise is within 3 days.  I had made this decision last week but decided to give them a few days before trying to call since I knew they would be slammed with more urgent business but now I am scared that Ive screwed myself and will not be able to get my refund.  Anyone in a similar situation?  How did it work out?

2 hours ago, Cullyman15 said:

First off all I never solicited business here, I simply mentioned the advantages of having a TA. Secondly, too bad if I hurt your feelings by stating my opinion (which is allowed here by the way) about ships not sailing through the summer. Calling someone a liar because they said ships won't sail through the summer, really?? Time for you to grow up and stop attacking people on an open forum. Like I said enjoy your cruises.

Are you a travel agent?   My feeling aren’t hurt, just don’t like seeing people put more fear into others.  Not attacking just pointing out the fact it was your opinion backed by zero facts. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GMS4771 said:

Are you a travel agent?   My feeling aren’t hurt, just don’t like seeing people put more fear into others.  Not attacking just pointing out the fact it was your opinion backed by zero facts. 

What does it matter if I am a travel agent? That is none of your business, like I said I am not, nor have I solicited any business on Cruise Critic, there are many travel agents on here. Are you an admin? why are you so upset about the fact that I mentioned there will be no cruises through the summer? This isn't a fear tactic, it's simply my opinion. If people get scared or frustrated with that they can move on to the next post. Free speech, move on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 12:38 AM, GMS4771 said:

Oh do shut up, you sound so childish

Anyway back on track.

According to UK law they must offer you a cash refund. (Do not get this mixed up with the ABTA/ATOL suggestion that they might offer credit, this is not law)  I would send them a letter before action giving them 14 days to give the refund (they must refund within 14 days by law) and then start county Court action, you must do this quickly before the law gets changed.

On 3/27/2020 at 3:45 PM, GMS4771 said:

Says an English Pompus Ass. 

Point proved 😘

2 things , firstly I'm American, born and brought up in Philly, second its pompous not pompos

Edited by stoneman56
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, stoneman56 said:

Point proved 😘

2 things , firstly I'm American, born and brought up in Philly, second its pompous not pompos

Keep trolling. American born lol. Sure. And always the first thing people do when they don’t have anything else to do. Try to find grammar issues 

For all waiting for MSC refunds..... I was on the first cruise affected by COVID-19, the Meraviglia that sailed on 2/23/2020. The original 'coronacruise" that was turned away from all ports except Cozumel where we sat and waited 16 hours for clearance.

I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REFUND. It's been a month and a week and still nothing. I have called 3 times and emailed more times than I can count, and get nothing but the runaround every time. I'm reading on here of people who have already been refunded for cruises they never even got to go on, yet here I am, one of the first and most affected and have gotten Z E R O money back or any help at all. Seriously considering getting legal representation at this point. 

Our first MSC cruise on the Divina was awful, and we swore we'd never go again. Cold food, terrible service, a rude room steward who never spoke to us, a much less took time to learn our names, a store employee who referred to us as cheap Americans. When MSC practically begged us for a second chance, we caved and booked this cruise, and this is the thanks we get. NEVER AGAIN. NEVER EVER IN THE HISTORY OF EVER WILL I STEP FOOT ON AN MSC SHIP AGAIN. E V E R.

Anyone else onboard having the same issue with these refunds? I'm looking for others who may want to join the fight. This is ridiculous.