Carnival Radiance Dry Dock (Spain Lockdown)

peoriaguy1958

With Spain going on lockdown, assume this will stop the dry dock total rebuilt of Radiance, with no idea now when ship will be ready , if countries can even be visited and if we can even fly over to Europe , I wish Carmival would just cancel the Barcelona cruises which my family of 14 were set to sail on the May 21 cruise. 

1 hour ago, peoriaguy1958 said:

With Spain going on lockdown, assume this will stop the dry dock total rebuilt of Radiance, with no idea now when ship will be ready , if countries can even be visited and if we can even fly over to Europe , I wish Carmival would just cancel the Barcelona cruises which my family of 14 were set to sail on the May 21 cruise. 

Way to early to tell, but certainly another domino in the line.  We are on the TA also, and our daughter is in the captain suite on a sailing in May that was Italy based and now Spain and Portugul 

WE ARE ALSO HOLDING OUT FOR CARNIVAL TO CANCEL AS MOST OF OUR GROUP WISH TO GET A FULL CASH REFUND.

never thought though about work stopping causing delays   with the renovation . if so that will definitely delay the ship debuting  so hence it should be cancelled though more likely will not be able still to visit other countries in Europe because of their coronavirus restrictions

As i said to my group,  hold out and dont accept any cash refunds with LARGE cash penalties attached which is all they re offering presently as we are not interested in rebooking.

Here is why I am pissed about FCC as is with me taking 14 family members on Radiance for a once in a lifetime cruise, the current FCC portion of refund must be used in my case by 5/21/21 and the only Italy cruise I could use this on is next year May 17 cruise on legend but cannot cause grandkids miss to much school. If they would offer same FCC as I just got for my cancelled March cruise that expires on 12/31/22 then I would not cancel this Radiance cruise to the last minute but with current FCC not helping me I will probably cancel on March 27 where I still would get 75% refund and 25% FCC that would expire 5/21/21. Just praying they change their offer which I am VERY UNHAPPY WITH! And info I am a Diamond VIFP my my children are Platinum and my grandkids are getting close to Platinum and all of us have never cruises on any other cruise line but Carnival. But we are all unhappy and we know this is unprecedented times and feel so bad for Carnival but they need to truly offer their loyal customers some better option than this and stop the holding customers as hostages in regards to deciding what to do. And their updating customers by having us follow somebodies blog (Heald) was a absolute joke! The lack of emails to us and nothing on their website was terrible. Please carnival improve our cancellation options now!

1 minute ago, peoriaguy1958 said:

Here is why I am pissed about FCC as is with me taking 14 family members on Radiance for a once in a lifetime cruise, the current FCC portion of refund must be used in my case by 5/21/21 and the only Italy cruise I could use this on is next year May 17 cruise on legend but cannot cause grandkids miss to much school. If they would offer same FCC as I just got for my cancelled March cruise that expires on 12/31/22 then I would not cancel this Radiance cruise to the last minute but with current FCC not helping me I will probably cancel on March 27 where I still would get 75% refund and 25% FCC that would expire 5/21/21. Just praying they change their offer which I am VERY UNHAPPY WITH! And info I am a Diamond VIFP my my children are Platinum and my grandkids are getting close to Platinum and all of us have never cruises on any other cruise line but Carnival. But we are all unhappy and we know this is unprecedented times and feel so bad for Carnival but they need to truly offer their loyal customers some better option than this and stop the holding customers as hostages in regards to deciding what to do. And their updating customers by having us follow somebodies blog (Heald) was a absolute joke! The lack of emails to us and nothing on their website was terrible. Please carnival improve our cancellation options now!

My guess is that if you asked for a sailing further out, they would accept it.  They Have to put boundaries on these things, but explain your need.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

The question is how long.  

please jimbo, you are very up to date on what is going on. we are on the same TA 6/11 . if you receive any pertinent info to this cruise, maybe you could post it on the roll call thanks..

28 minutes ago, bronxboy683 said:

please jimbo, you are very up to date on what is going on. we are on the same TA 6/11 . if you receive any pertinent info to this cruise, maybe you could post it on the roll call thanks..

Be happy to, as soon as I know, you will know.  

They are still pretty much in free fall right now.  Going thru logistic of canceled cruises, placement of ships and crew, planning for a start date that is not set, dealing with government directives, cdc directives, Coast guard directives, building the implementation for start up when they get it, processing cancellation credits and refunds, trying to rebuild customer confidence and much more. It will be a long time before the industry is back on stable ground pre carona.  

that said, I for one, am jonesing to get on a Carnival ship again😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruising_Addict said:

Ok, first...breathe. Now, think of it this way: either your cruise is going to go on as planned, if it’s going to get cancelled and you will get your money back. Right now it’s too early for anyone to know what is going on, so you will just have to wait. 

No, I'm in panic! No cruise can ever be like the one I had planned! I NEED CASH NOW!!!

3 hours ago, peoriaguy1958 said:

We are in the same boat--having to reschedule by 5/30/21 means basically there is no European cruise that we can attend--kids are in school.  I can't believe they are not matching everyone else's cancellation/rebooking policies. I think they will have to at some point. I know everything is in massive chaos right now, but giving later cancellation and rebooking, like other lines are doing, would help a whole lot.

If Carnival cancelled and the ship was completed on time, people would be complaining.  If they wait until they know for sure it will be late, people are complaining.  They are in the middle of a lose/lose situation and I do not think either way is the correct way to proceed, but I will admit I don't know the best way would be.

• Like 2

Wow; I’m so glad my hubby urged us to cancel the transatlantic the day before final payment! I hadn’t even considered the possibility of the ship being unable to be finished in time. Good luck to you all; I hope you either have a fabulous journey or get a full cash refund!

I hope that Carnival DOES NOT complete the Radiance with LESS time than planned.  There would be corners cut and then things will turn up later as "we needed to do that or we should not have cut that out of the ship's drydock plans!

The ship will never be all that she can be! 

Does anyone know the link for the web site that keeps track of the difference cruise ship's work progress while in drydock?  I have in the past read a reference to it.  Thank you Don

3 hours ago, Stick93 said:

Would they consider not doing as extensive a dry dock and getting the ship out on time??

Who knows, but instinct says no.  The point is to do the dry dock and work, the cruises were gravy.  There is a dark side where it will be a moot point as the virus is still wrecking havoc😧

20 hours ago, CRK9313 said:

We are in the same boat--having to reschedule by 5/30/21 means basically there is no European cruise that we can attend--kids are in school.  I can't believe they are not matching everyone else's cancellation/rebooking policies. I think they will have to at some point. I know everything is in massive chaos right now, but giving later cancellation and rebooking, like other lines are doing, would help a whole lot.

I expect around the end of the moth they will have a new take on things.  Then they will formulate the best plan for going forward, their main number goal is tore-establish regular safe cruises as quickly as they can.  The “they” referenced is ALL cruise lines.  All that said, 14 months forward is a LONG time from now.