Price Drop without Early Saver Form?

Markmom18

Hi,

I have a December 2020 Inspiration  Cruise booked and paid in full. I saw the price went down $90. I didn’t book ES. 

Anyone know if there is a Request Form I can submit? I called Carnival, very busy of course! And the recorded voice suggests I call another time, since it’s for a cruise after June.  

Am I just out the $90?

Thanks,

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

What rate did you book?  If you booked a rater with a fully refundable deposit, and you do not want to sit on hold, cancel your cruise online and just turn around and rebook.  

If you booked with a non-refundable deposit, you have no choice, but to sit on hold or wait and hope the price doesn't go up.  I started booking with a PVP for that very reason, they can easily make the changes and I do not have to sit on hold.

Whether you booked early saver or not, I would still suggest that you call.  Wait times are ridiculous, I know, but it's worth having a peace of mind. 

I had submitted a price adjustment form (mine were ES) which they approved, but I woke up in the middle of the night to an email saying that if I don't pay $500 within 2 days, my reservation would be cancelled.  This was because when I booked originally, they had a special for $500 deposit (instead of the full $1000).  The two agents I spoke to REPEATEDLY told me that ALWAYS call for price adjustments because when you submit a form, it's an automated system that manages it.  They may change the terms of your original booking or remove your perks that you may have had. 

So my advice is to call them.  I was on the phone for a total of 2 hours (on hold for 1 hour total, and talking to two agents for 1 hour total).  In the end, my situation had to be fixed manually by a supervisor.

7 hours ago, ktn315 said:

So my advice is to call them.  I was on the phone for a total of 2 hours (on hold for 1 hour total, and talking to two agents for 1 hour total).  In the end, my situation had to be fixed manually by a supervisor.

Just curious- what did the supervisor fix? When I originally booked (as early saver), I had to call in and they told me I could either call or use the form. I opted for the form a few days ago because of the crazy wait times. I am so mad at myself because I unknowingly booted myself out of price changes. I have debated calling but I’m not sure there’s Anything they can do 😞  

I had originally booked a reduced deposit fare ($500 per stateroom). So when the system changed it, they lowered the price, but that deposit for that was $1,000. So because I was still making payments, I had to pay $500 within 2 days or they would cancel my cruise. I had booked 3 staterooms total. There was no way I was able to come up with all of that in 2 days. So instead of making me pay that now, she just changed it to where I could just pay off the balance in 3 months which was when it was originally due anyways.

3 minutes ago, jaynjay said:

Just curious- what did the supervisor fix? When I originally booked (as early saver), I had to call in and they told me I could either call or use the form. I opted for the form a few days ago because of the crazy wait times. I am so mad at myself because I unknowingly booted myself out of price changes. I have debated calling but I’m not sure there’s Anything they can do 😞  

When I say I got "lectured," I got LECTURED by the supervisor for using the form and not calling. She kept on telling me that this is why they never advise people to use the online form because it's managed by a system versus you calling and talking to a human being who can discuss the changes and whether or not you'd like to proceed. Also, you may lose perks such as onboard credit or anything that was previously offered to you when you submit these forms. You can at least talk to an agent when you call and see what your options are.

1 minute ago, ktn315 said:

When I say I got "lectured," I got LECTURED by the supervisor for using the form and not calling. She kept on telling me that this is why they never advise people to use the online form because it's managed by a system versus you calling and talking to a human being who can discuss the changes and whether or not you'd like to proceed. Also, you may lose perks such as onboard credit or anything that was previously offered to you when you submit these forms. You can at least talk to an agent when you call and see what your options are.

Omg that is crazy!!! They literally told

me to. I knew I was forfeiting my obc associated with the previous offer, but I wouldn’t have done it if I was going to lose my price matching!! 

6 minutes ago, jaynjay said:

Omg that is crazy!!! They literally told

me to. I knew I was forfeiting my obc associated with the previous offer, but I wouldn’t have done it if I was going to lose my price matching!! 

Yeah, Iwas VERY annoyed by the time I had gotten to her because I was already waiting for 1.5 hrs at that point. And the way she kept on telling me made me feel like a child. And she must've repeated herself 5 times. But I held back because she was doing me a solid favor. also, be sure they don't change you from an Early Saver to a non-Early Saver, because if prices drop again, you can't do another price adjustment. I don't know if that's what you were referring to when you meant losing your price matching.