Pursuit in Chile- CNN

MNgardens

Chile is rapidly closing their borders and many outbound flights have been cancelled.

Azamara has assured us we will stay on the ship until we have an assured way home.  They don’t know what that plan is right now if Valparaíso falls through, but they will not abandon us. 

The uncertainty is is causing some stress with some passengers, but the officers and crew are fantastic. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, btaylor1200 said:

Chile is rapidly closing their borders and many outbound flights have been cancelled.

Azamara has assured us we will stay on the ship until we have an assured way home.  They don’t know what that plan is right now if Valparaíso falls through, but they will not abandon us. 

The uncertainty is is causing some stress with some passengers, but the officers and crew are fantastic. 

We have our fingers crossed for all of you and hope for a solution very soon

• Like 3

How about an apology from Chile for spreading false propaganda to support their closure of the ports early when they claimed the Pursuit was in quarantine and had cases.  They were quick to add to their "story" but haven't heard a word retracting. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btaylor1200 said:

good luck! 

I have a good friend on board and he told me this morning basically the same thing about only being allowed off the ship with confirmed seats on confirmed flights. 
He said his issue is he is on standby for a flight on 18th, and authorities weren’t going to let them off if they were only “standby” - must be very worrying and I would find it hard to maintain a positive attitude, so well done for those who are managing to do so! 

• Like 1

I’m starting to be doubtful that they will let us off in Valparaiso, seeing as they won’t even allow us to dock to restock provisions (they offered some scheme to send small boats out to us to load supplies - Captain Carl didn’t find that acceptable seeing as the frozen food would be spoiled with that method.). Officers and Miami are working on another solution - maybe San Antonio, although I read in another thread that Eclipse had left there - I can see them right outside my balcony about a mile away).   It’s all up in the air at the moment.

Everyone still seems to be pretty upbeat although, with United, Delta and American cancelling all flights out of Chile in a few days, if we don’t dock soon enough, there won’t be many ways for us to get home - many are still struggling to book flights before the blanket cancellations take effect.

We are all keeping our fingers crossed that we will be able to disembark and get home before none of our countries will let us in. It’s pretty ironic because no one on the ship is sick and we’ve been virtually quarantined since we haven’t gone near land in days - we are probably safer from the virus than most places on land.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, BrendaJ said:

I’m starting to be doubtful that they will let us off in Valparaiso, seeing as they won’t even allow us to dock to restock provisions (they offered some scheme to send small boats out to us to load supplies - Captain Carl didn’t find that acceptable seeing as the frozen food would be spoiled with that method.). Officers and Miami are working on another solution - maybe San Antonio, although I read in another thread that Eclipse had left there - I can see them right outside my balcony about a mile away).   It’s all up in the air at the moment.

Everyone still seems to be pretty upbeat although, with United, Delta and American cancelling all flights out of Chile in a few days, if we don’t dock soon enough, there won’t be many ways for us to get home - many are still struggling to book flights before the blanket cancellations take effect.

We are all keeping our fingers crossed that we will be able to disembark and get home before none of our countries will let us in. It’s pretty ironic because no one on the ship is sick and we’ve been virtually quarantined since we haven’t gone near land in days - we are probably safer from the virus than most places on land.

I'm sure that both you and Eclipse are working together to get you off in Chile in an orderly fashion. If its any comfort, Captain Leo is Master on Eclipse and I've sailed with him. He's an awesome guy. I hope that between him and Captain Carl they can negotiate something with Chile. All the best. 

Phil 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, btaylor1200 said:

We are provisioning in San Antonio Chile today(hopefully). Captain Carl said probably stopping in Lima for more provisions. We are currently circling in San Antonio bay. 

Good luck

• Like 1

The world feels like it has fallen off its axis.  The people onboard might not have wanted to be on board this long.  But, no one has the virus and hopefully when they reach Miami things will have settled down a bit .  

• Like 1

Possibly not every passenger on board is pleased about going on to Miami, but I would guess that most of us are, especially the ones I’ve been talking to this evening.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many happy people in one place before!

8 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

If you go back to Miami presumably US citizens will have to self-isolate for 14 days, but what will happen to non US citizens - well the US let them in?

More's the point, will there be flights to get them home?  It's a huge mess. Celebrity Eclipse that I mentioned earlier is heading to San Diego now. Same issues. It might seem a bit of an adventure to some, but in the current situation for me, there's no place like home. 

Phil 

• Like 2

I would not want to be on a ship if people start developing symptoms of Coronavirus. Even in a normal cruise,  people usually get the common cold, bronchitis or other respiratory symptoms even if it may not be the virus itself.

no, not a good place to be so hopefully everything ends up well.

45 minutes ago, ptrpanpens said:

I would not want to be on a ship if people start developing symptoms of Coronavirus. Even in a normal cruise,  people usually get the common cold, bronchitis or other respiratory symptoms even if it may not be the virus itself.

no, not a good place to be so hopefully everything ends up well.

Unlikely to happen on the Pursuit as there seems to be no-one onboard with symptoms at present and they’ve missed many ports, so its unlikely anyone will get it now.

• Like 1

Right now, I think the Pursuit is the best place to be. We’ve been on board for over two weeks, and everyone is healthy. Crew is going out of their way to ensure that things are as normal as can be. Medical distributed forms to fill out for critical medications we may run out of, and they will try to get them for all passengers. We’re still somewhere off the coast waiting to refuel and pickup provisions before heading off to Miami.

As a side note, the Panama Canal and a Transoceanic Cruise were on my bucket list. I can cross those two off now 😀

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Rabo said:

Right now, I think the Pursuit is the best place to be. We’ve been on board for over two weeks, and everyone is healthy. Crew is going out of their way to ensure that things are as normal as can be. Medical distributed forms to fill out for critical medications we may run out of, and they will try to get them for all passengers. We’re still somewhere off the coast waiting to refuel and pickup provisions before heading off to Miami.

As a side note, the Panama Canal and a Transoceanic Cruise were on my bucket list. I can cross those two off now 😀

Glad to hear you now know where your cruise will finish. Apart from the lack of port stops, it’ll end up as one heck of a cruise - Buenos Aires to Miami via Cape Horn and the Panama Canal! However, I’m sure it must have been pretty stressful with all the uncertainty. Great to hear how good the crew and officers have been - as always they are a credit to Azamara.

• Like 2