Cruise Critic Community
voljeep

SKY Princess pulling out of FLL/PE right now

to where ??

this is so sad for the passengers not on the ship … and I'm sure mixed feelings from the crew … no passengers to be concerned with, but also no tips, right ?

Will be interesting to know where she is heading. Captain Laakkonen posted this from the Sky Princess Piazza on the last disembarkation day 😞

proudcap.JPG.619a9baed63a53bb3df90220a96a5ddc.JPG

It was very weird to see not a single soul on a balcony, but very nice to see the crew on the top decks, enjoying their own sail-away party. My heartfelt thanks and good wishes go out to everyone at Princess.

2071658309_ScreenShot2020-03-14at6_42_35PM.thumb.png.cae80a893981d0a56a0076874d69f07e.png

1977810772_ScreenShot2020-03-14at6_44_05PM.thumb.png.91036b5074f60bab16651ba6239d02ac.png

681170730_ScreenShot2020-03-14at6_44_17PM.thumb.png.c1f85418aa3182112bd4228623f05797.png

589998465_ScreenShot2020-03-14at6_44_26PM.thumb.png.60fa447be5664022308fafaa64de85fd.png

294325823_ScreenShot2020-03-14at6_45_16PM.thumb.png.bbcbc0d942710e82a4c5d6a15476ccd0.png

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

watching "the crew" out on deck during the sailaway … how surreal is that ???

Yes that was so cool, hope they all get their own mini suite or suite for when they are all on board.   They deserve it....

They had the music blaring away too, sad times. 

Thanks for posting those pictures.  Must have been very cool for the crew to enjoy what we all get to enjoy every time we leave, especially after all the stress they have all been under.

Wishing all the crew a heartfelt thanks and hope the next 60 days go quickly for them.

3 hours ago, Amtrack Springfield said:

So sad! We were booked to leave today for a B2B.

We feel sad for you and Trish. Loved seeing the sail-away pictures. Couldn't make out any of our favorite crew members but it has to be a mixed blessing for them.

Jim

9 minutes ago, scott4020 said:

Marine traffic says Freetown. 

Several ships are heading there.

Yes freeport.

Thanks for this thread.  I wish the crew well.  So glad the Captain gave them the okay to do a sail away.  It is a difficult situation for everyone.  Nice to see some positives.

So sad to see her sail away.  We were supposed to have been on her in two weeks from today. 

8 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

No.

In Fl if you don't keep AC running you get mold

To keep AC running you need power

For power you need at least a skeleton crew

We disembarked the beautiful Sky yesterday and already miss the terrific staff.

Hoping all goes well for our favourite cruise line asap! 

Posted (edited)

After speaking and talking to some friends and people I know who work on the Sky. She will be anchored about 15miles in the middle of the water from PE. They will later this week take a trip over to the Princess Cays, and give the crew a beach day. Then she'll be back in PE to pick up some food supplies i think. They are trying to sort out all of the crew flights back home. Keep in mind Princess has 15 ships worth of crew to get back home, with sorting out everyone's flights. So it's great they can use to ships as continued room and board until then.more importantly they have all earned the lovely use of the amenities of ship like a passenger, for all their hard work and dedication in overseeing and taking care of their guests. So it's nice to see them have some form of breather and "me time". Even though I was greatly looking forward to my return next week on the beautiful sky and devastated that all of the princess bookings have been cancelled for 60 days. However safety comes first not just for us passengers but for all the crew who work on board. There will be plenty more cruises that I have planned already for this year and through 2021. I would like to take a moment to wish all the crew a safe journey home (whenever that may be). And we'll.wishes for @ healthy vacation break. I pray that they will continue to compensation pay for something completely out their hands, as we as a world, are trying to navigate through such a time.

Edited by Jeter02

8 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes freeport.

That's correct.  That makes at least 3 Princess ships that will be there.

4 hours ago, Griller said:

In Fl if you don't keep AC running you get mold

To keep AC running you need power

For power you need at least a skeleton crew

Huh?

The crew are staying onboard. No skeleton crew.

Regal and Emerald scheduled today around 5:00 

Crown tomorrow ...