Will Allure be AMPED?

4 hours ago, later said:

Didn’t they do that already?

Nope, there is still currently issues with one of the azipods.

Even without this, she still needs to be dry docked to complete the 5 years maintenance requirements to continue sailing before being able to continue with cruises.

• Like 1

Guess this means Allure wont be AMPED before next year, so if we are looking at cruises in march/april 2021 we can exclude Allure?  Since it will be our first Oasis Class we would like all the bells and whistle and slides. 🙂

On 3/21/2020 at 8:04 PM, cruisin4kicks said:

Interesting discussion. I must be about the only person on this thread that didn't even know Allure was going to be changed (Amped, I guess) when I booked it. I like the Allure just fine the way it is. My biggest disappointment was that Sabor would be replaced by Playmakers if the changes take place. Whichever way things go, we're going and will either enjoy the changes Royal made or breath a sigh of relief that Sabor is still around.

Tim

Agreed.  We have enjoyed Sabor both times we have eaten there and while the BBQ place sounded interesting I doubt it was much better or different from the BBQ joints here at home.  Don't know anything about Playmakers so won't miss it.  The purple slides mean nothing to me.

My only fear was that the rooms needed some TLC but recent cruise reviews have alleviated that fear for me.

Getting the mechanicals straightened out is obviously essential but that sounds like it will happen.

I jumped ship this morning.  I'm a planner.  I booked Allure for November 2020 almost two years in advance, and partly because of the amplifications.  I have a grandson going on the cruise with us, and the scheduled amplifications were a big bonus (slides and updated Adventure Ocean) when selecting this cruise.  We don't cruise every year, so when we do get to go we want what we want, and in this case, we want what we booked.... which was an amplified ship.  And at the time we booked, no other Oasis class ships were sailing that itinerary during that same time period, so Allure was our pick! 

Nobody could've anticipated this hiccup.  We aren't upset with Royal for suspending or downsizing this amplification.  I took a chance and called Royal today and they waived the normal transfer fee and allowed me to book on Symphony.  We were able to get the same exact cabin, same itinerary, leaving three weeks earlier. The Symphony is a little higher in price ($300 more), but the flights for that new sail date are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper.  The original Allure date was the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  I had totally spaced out on that  when I booked it.  So the overall cost will be the same for us.  Win-Win!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sherri914 said:

I jumped ship this morning.  I'm a planner.  I booked Allure for November 2020 almost two years in advance, and partly because of the amplifications.  I have a grandson going on the cruise with us, and the scheduled amplifications were a big bonus (slides and updated Adventure Ocean) when selecting this cruise.  We don't cruise every year, so when we do get to go we want what we want, and in this case, we want what we booked.... which was an amplified ship.  And at the time we booked, no other Oasis class ships were sailing that itinerary during that same time period, so Allure was our pick! 

Nobody could've anticipated this hiccup.  We aren't upset with Royal for suspending or downsizing this amplification.  I took a chance and called Royal today and they waived the normal transfer fee and allowed me to book on Symphony.  We were able to get the same exact cabin, same itinerary, leaving three weeks earlier. The Symphony is a little higher in price ($300 more), but the flights for that new sail date are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper.  The original Allure date was the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  I had totally spaced out on that  when I booked it.  So the overall cost will be the same for us.  Win-Win!  

We are booked on that same cruise after Thanksgiving.  Didn't even realize it until we booked our flights.  Wifey not happy about leaving the family on the Saturday after Black Friday.

Does Symphony go out of Miami like Allure?  Was surprised how expensive the flights were (although liked that they were direct).

BTW, you look too young to have a grandson.  I can see how the entire perspective changes when there are kids going.

I booked one of the new Panoramic Suites on the wing bridge for the President's Cruise in October.  It looks like the room will not be made in the dry dock.  there is plenty of time until then, but curious how long it will take Royal to let me know the room isn't going to be available.  Kind of bummed as it is a Star class room that comes with a genie.

3 minutes ago, Bradison said:

We are booked on that same cruise after Thanksgiving.  Didn't even realize it until we booked our flights.  Wifey not happy about leaving the family on the Saturday after Black Friday.

Does Symphony go out of Miami like Allure?  Was surprised how expensive the flights were (although liked that they were direct).

BTW, you look too young to have a grandson.  I can see how the entire perspective changes when there are kids going.

First, and most importantly... THANKS!  I actually have THREE grandkids!   I tell people I had my children when I was 10... so there's that.  

About Symphony, YES!!! It's the same EXACT cruise!  Same ports of call, leaves out of Miami.  I took a quick look at flights (which i don't intend to book right now, but just to get an idea) yielded results that are average $500 cheaper for two roundtrip tickets than what we were finding for the 11/29 cruise!   And I was even able to snag my exact same cabin (one of the double-sized Central Park balconies).

If it were just us, no kiddo going, it wouldn't have mattered.  I would've been fine on Allure.  When we originally booked Allure, this Symphony sailing wasn't even available.  I found out later, though, that my favorite Cruise Director is now the CD on Symphony, so that's another plus for me!   

8 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

I booked one of the new Panoramic Suites on the wing bridge for the President's Cruise in October.  It looks like the room will not be made in the dry dock.  there is plenty of time until then, but curious how long it will take Royal to let me know the room isn't going to be available.  Kind of bummed as it is a Star class room that comes with a genie.

When i called this morning, the rep wasn't aware that the amplification wasn't happening.  She placed me on hold for about 3-4 minutes, then came back and said she confirmed that the "full" amplification wasn't happening but didn't have details about which features would or would not be performed.   When I asked for the transfer fee to be waived, she said they were not offering that at this time, so I asked to be transferred to the resolutions desk.   She placed me on hold again for another 3-4 minutes, then came back and said they would be waiving the transfer fee if I wanted to move to another sailing.  

I would be totally bummed in your situation as it looks like your room may not even be 'built'!  They'll surely have to make some sort of announcement sooner rather than later in this situation where they've sold rooms that might not exist.  I guess they're waiting to figure out what exactly they will be able to get done so they know what to offer and how to proceed.  That waiting would be painful though.    

For us, though, the timing is actually better for the Symphony cruise.   The flights are so much cheaper that week vs. the week after thanksgiving too.  So it was a win-win for us to just slide over to Symphony.  I'm bummed I don't get to experience Allure though -- but maybe next fall!  

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Spain has extended lockdown by another 15 days so it doesn’t look like Allure could get into Cadiz now until mid April at the earliest.   I wonder how long she will stay in Southampton for?

The Spanish government is only able to issue states of emergency for 15 days at a time. They have to have the approval of the Congress to extend each 15 day period. Almost everyone I talk to in Spain does not think this is the last extension due to the current circumstances. It is quite a grave situation. 

Navantia shipyard will probably be out of operations until at least June at this point. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Should turn the DL into Pinnacle Club and move DL to deck 4 like the rest of Oasis Class ships. Basically just a sign change. 

Why? There are far more D/D+ on every cruise needing a far bigger space than the handful of Ps onboard. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, little britain said:

Why? There are far more D/D+ on every cruise needing a far bigger space than the handful of Ps onboard. 

It’s simple. So Royal can give their Pinnacles a space similar to the SL/CK. They are the top tier regardless of the number of D/D+. D/D+ are already on Deck 4 on all the other Oasis Class and would’ve been on Allure after AMP If we didn’t have the COVID. 

On 3/21/2020 at 11:43 AM, irzero said:

I don't think that as I have some friends ironically in Miami. But these people on here really arent helping that stereotype right now.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

You might be happier here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/543-uk-cruising/

On 3/22/2020 at 1:45 PM, depplep said:

We loved Sabor on Oasis. So disappointed also with the Playmaker's change. Also, loved Vintages on Oasis, not sure I like the idea of combining it with Giovanni's.  We did like Playmaker's on Mariner, I just hate to see Sabor go.

FWIW, on the recent TA, Vintages was empty all the time, same with Sabor. From what I had at Sabor, I can honestly say I preferred El Loco on Symphony and Oasis. I think I would have liked the expanded Giovanni's that was planned

• Like 1

10 hours ago, abbflex said:

Guess this means Allure wont be AMPED before next year, so if we are looking at cruises in march/april 2021 we can exclude Allure?  Since it will be our first Oasis Class we would like all the bells and whistle and slides. 🙂

Allure has plenty of bells and whistles as is,  no other ships like them.

People will book Allure next year because she's going to be in Pt Canaveral and Galveston. The lack of slides and Playmakers likely won't change that

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

People will book Allure next year because she's going to be in Pt Canaveral and Galveston. The lack of slides and Playmakers likely won't change that

Galveston FTW

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That might be and Im sure they will,  but not for me personally.  I have no doubt its a good ship, but the newer ones and Oasis has more to offer for familes with kids right now.