Will Allure be AMPED?

1 hour ago, bulldogmommy said:

any speculation if she stays in Europe after maintenance? Anyone feel the European season is dead? I'm anxious to see where she ends up...insight, thoughts?

As the situation is very grave in all regions of he Mediterranean, I can not imagine that while the pandemic is still active anywhere in the world that ports, regional governments or countries will allow arrivals of cruise ships. Even if they get this virus under control they will be very concerned about a new wave of infection. 

One change that we might see is an expansion of the Schengen and other visas for all nationalities and that carries a proof of Medical Travel insurance requirement. Around 65 countries had been excluded from this requirement previously.

As Navantia shipyard is currently closed and the earliest possible return to work is most likely June 15th, it will be unclear when they can resume operations.  

37 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks, wasn't sure exactly how fast.

I thought previously chengkp75 said it was 10 knots.  In another thread I responded with that number.  Someone else replied with 16 knots.  Since I didn't have chengkp75 original post in regards to the speed to make water I didn't disagree with the 16 knots.

• Like 1

Got this from my TA - We have heard back from our Royal Caribbean’s account manager, they have come back to us this morning to confirm you are correct in that the ships full amplification has had to be delayed due to the current unprecedented situation we currently facing globally, causing Royal Caribbean to focus its resources on other projects to help with COVID-19 across the world.

As of right now they do not have a definitive date as to when they will be going ahead with the ship planned amplification but below is a list of what was planned to go ahead which they have had to put on hold until they are able to get their amplification program back up and running: 

image001.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlueHorizonUK said:

I explained that this wasn't good enough and to stop holding our money hostage and allow us to cancel penalty free. 

I think as she is here in Europe, if there is any chance of any of Royal Caribbeans ships doing the summer European season it will be Allure. So much will depend on which ports are open. In any case I think the earliest start will be July. I agree, wish we could cancel and get our deposit back in cash. Though I hope my Allure September cruise may go ahead, my first Celebrity cruise to Norway in June is almost due final payment and I am pretty sure it won't happen. 

Edited by sgmn

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I think as she is here in Europe, if there is any chance of any of Royal Caribbeans ships doing the summer European season it will be Allure. So much will depend on which ports are open. In any case I think the earliest start will be July. I agree, wish we could cancel and get our deposit back in cash. Though I hope my Allure September cruise may go ahead, my first Celebrity cruise to Norway in June is almost due final payment and I am pretty sure it won't happen. 

My thought is that as you mentioned, Allure already has cruises booked in the Mediterranean until the TA in November.  Once Europe opens up (and it will be before the US does), RCI will be wanting to be bringing in revenue as quickly as possible.  I do not see them canceling cruises in order to bring Allure back to the Caribbean before it is time.  Those cruises are already sold and they have guaranteed passengers for the Mediterranean season.  Those European and Mediterranean ports are going to want to start making money, too. 

I wouldn't make any changes at this time.  Your September cruise will most likely still take place.  Besides, if you cancel and get your deposit back what are you going to do with it?  If your cruise takes place you can always book another future cruise onboard.  If it doesn't take place and they cancel your cruise you can either get a refund then or 125% FCC.  You are better off sitting tight and waiting to see how things unfold.  Spain is hitting its peak in the virus now.  Hopefully by mid April it will be declining as Italy now is declining in new cases.  Then they can get Allure into Cadiz for whatever work can be done and then open for business.  Now is the time to remain calm and not panic about something in the future that might not happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueHorizonUK said:

Got this from my TA - We have heard back from our Royal Caribbean’s account manager, they have come back to us this morning to confirm you are correct in that the ships full amplification has had to be delayed due to the current unprecedented situation we currently facing globally, causing Royal Caribbean to focus its resources on other projects to help with COVID-19 across the world.

As of right now they do not have a definitive date as to when they will be going ahead with the ship planned amplification but below is a list of what was planned to go ahead which they have had to put on hold until they are able to get their amplification program back up and running: 

image001.png

Thanks for this!  I find that very helpful.  Hopefully they will be able to do the full amplification once Spain has reopened.

If someone had sold you a ship with certain features and charged you accordingly then you expect it. Even today the website is showing it as amplified. My TA even said to me the Allure is the most modern in the fleet and its refurbishment was completed. I pushed back very hard and said I want this in writing from them before she sent me the above. 

Its like Ford selling you a 2020 car with driverless control but because of this issue says actually we cant provide that feature anymore and tough luck, you still have to pay what you originally paid. Why is this situation any different?

The timeline for the amplification would take about 2-3 months. There is no way they can do this now when Cadiz eventually opens and run the full European program.

Maybe we in Europe are more demanding and if something was sold to us in a certain way then that is what we expect. You can not really think that its ok for RCI to cancel the amplification and then not allow anyone who bought it because of the amplification to cancel penalty free. It is simply outrageous to think that. 

And before a few of you jump onto me about how the ship is 'beautiful' and 'perfect' the way she is, it is clearly not the case as they wouldn't be amplifying it if it were and charge the very high prices they are charging for it.

Edited by BlueHorizonUK
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, BlueHorizonUK said:

image001.png

That list is a list of everything they were planning on doing.

the left side is as it currently sits and the right side was post amplification.

i think there was some confusion in the interpretation of this list as I don’t see them going ahead with a lot of this particularly the addition of all the cabins 

From personal experience in dealing with Royals account managers, they don’t always have the most up to date information. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

That list is a list of everything they were planning on doing.

the left side is as it currently sits and the right side was post amplification.

i think there was some confusion in the interpretation of this list as I don’t see them going ahead with a lot of this particularly the addition of all the cabins 

Thanks but I am not who was confused as it clearly said:

below is a list of what was planned to go ahead which they have had to put on hold

7 minutes ago, BlueHorizonUK said:

Thanks but I am not who was confused as it clearly said:

below is a list of what was planned to go ahead which they have had to put on hold

Ok, so are you saying that everything on this list is being out on hold?  That I can see

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, BlueHorizonUK said:

If someone had sold you a ship with certain features and charged you accordingly then you expect it. Even today the website is showing it as amplified. My TA even said to me the Allure is the most modern in the fleet and its refurbishment was completed. I pushed back very hard and said I want this in writing from them before she sent me the above. 

Its like Ford selling you a 2020 car with driverless control but because of this issue says actually we cant provide that feature anymore and tough luck, you still have to pay what you originally paid. Why is this situation any different?

Maybe they will offer "bonus" OBC if you choose to sail on the un-AMPed ship or offer 125% FCC / full refund if you choose not to sail. 

They are currently offering those options for CA/NE itineraries that are changed due to CA port closures.

13 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Maybe they will offer "bonus" OBC if you choose to sail on the un-AMPed ship or offer 125% FCC / full refund if you choose not to sail. 

Very unlikely RCI would want to set a precedent like that.

• Like 1

I got a good price for Allure so happy either way, refub or not,. Hopefully it will go ahead, more worried about June celebrity cruise as final payment due and don't think that will happen. That ship is still other side of pond 

Edited by sgmn

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

They are currently offering those options for CA/NE itineraries that are changed due to CA port closures.

CA/NE are different story.

I can see them offer some OBC if the ship is un-AMPed.  I don't seem them offering 125%FCC/full refund, unless European Consumer Protection laws/regulations have some bearing.

2 hours ago, BlueHorizonUK said:

The timeline for the amplification would take about 2-3 months. There is no way they can do this now when Cadiz eventually opens and run the full European program.

Maybe we in Europe are more demanding and if something was sold to us in a certain way then that is what we expect. You can not really think that its ok for RCI to cancel the amplification and then not allow anyone who bought it because of the amplification to cancel penalty free. It is simply outrageous to think that. 

And before a few of you jump onto me about how the ship is 'beautiful' and 'perfect' the way she is, it is clearly not the case as they wouldn't be amplifying it if it were and charge the very high prices they are charging for it.

You sound EXACTLY like irzero.  Did you get blocked and have reincarnated as a "new" poster?  Language and tone is exactly the same.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Teeara said:

You sound EXACTLY like irzero.  Did you get blocked and have reincarnated as a "new" poster?  Language and tone is exactly the same.  

Whoever this Blue Horizon person is,  they seem to be a constant complainer,   11 Posts and all negative.   

He/she books a cruise based on a ship coming out of re-fit and then with everything that is going on right now and with the possible delay they  say   "it's just not good enough"   "I want my money back." "that's not what I paid for"    .....................................

Can you imagine having this "whinger"  at your dinner table.

3 hours ago, BlueHorizonUK said:

I don't think I want a cruise ship with "driverless control" at this point.

All joking aside, I think we have to look at the whole cruise industry in a different light today.  Whether or not the Allure has all the latest bells and whistles, I'll be happy just to able to cruise on the ship again if I can, come November.

There's a real chance of cruise line bankruptcy if they can't start cruising soon.  To expect a "rebate" on your cruise fare when these companies have no revenue is a bit extreme in my opinion.  Again, I'll be happy just to be able to cruise again on Royal Caribbean, so I'm not going to quibble about the price of my cruise when the circumstances were beyond their control.

And, I can understand why the website may not be totally up to date in the light of layoffs and coping with the current situation.

Let's just hope we can resume cruising soon.

2 hours ago, steamboats said:

Neither the Ultimate Abyss nor the Perfect Storm slides are mentioned on that list.

steamboats

No more Kate Spade.......nooooooooo!!!! 🛍

That’s it. I’m cancelling. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just received an email from royal

A craving for adventure is one of the most natural things
in the world — it’s part of what makes us human.

But right now, we need to take a break — to take social distancing
seriously and give the world time to recover. That’s why Royal Caribbean®
has decided to extend our pause on all global sailings. We hope to be able to
get back to making memories begi‌nning Ma‌y 1‌2‌, 20‌20. Due to port closures,
Alaska, Canada and New England sailings will st‌art o‌n Ju‌ly 1‌, 20‌20.
Booked guests have been notified directly if their sailing is
cancelled, and we’re sorry for this change in plans.

Just like you, we can’t wait to travel again. Until then, stay safe and stay
positive — the world will be there to explore when all this is behind us.
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.royalcaribbe