Will Allure be AMPED?

The ship left Southampton yesterday and now appears to be on a 5 day sailing around the UK returning to Southampton on the 4th of April. 

It would seem that some of these updates listed would not require the ship being at the shipyard and they could do some of this work while at sea as long as they had workers on-board. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

I was thinking the same thing.

If that chart does indeed show things that are NOT happening, then the Sabor Bar is not being removed. That is the spot where the Ultimate Abyss lands on the Boardwalk. 

My position on that “attraction” has been stated before. 😜😜 

mac_tlc

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

Neither the Ultimate Abyss nor the Perfect Storm slides are mentioned on that list.

steamboats

I found that surprising.  While the slides themselves would be paid for the cost of installing them would be huge.  Looking at pictures from Oasis the scaffolding the installed was incredible for the Abyss and the amount of structural and plumbing for the waterslides I would imagine would be far more than the cost of the slides themselves. 

On the other hand if they were going to pick the 1 or 2 things that would give them the biggest bang for their buck and make the ship appeal to families it would be those 2 things

21 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ok, so are you saying that everything on this list is being out on hold?  That I can see

no port side BBQ?  That’s it, I’m cancelling. 

18 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

I was thinking the same thing.

I didn’t see the new flow rider listed either, like Oasis had. I’m done for sure. 😉

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, tigerwilf said:

Just received an email from royal

Due to port closures,
Alaska, Canada and New England sailings will st‌art o‌n Ju‌ly 1‌, 20‌20.
Booked guests have been notified directly if their sailing is
cancelled, and we’re sorry for this change in plans.
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.royalcaribbe
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.royalcaribbe
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.royalcaribbeI have not seen anything about ports on Spain or Italy.  Does anyone have any information about these ports?

7 minutes ago, zonacruiser25 said:

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.royalcaribbeI have not seen anything about ports on Spain or Italy.  Does anyone have any information about these ports?

Italy and Spain are still closed for cruise ships. Spain has extended the shut down for another two weeks - so until after Easter. Italy was still considering the extend the shutdown which is currently ending this week. But they will extend.

steamboats

The Spanish Constitution only allows the government to set states of emergency for 2 week periods at a time. It is very likely at this moment that there will be another extension from the April 12th date, depending fully on how the virus is still spreading around the country. 

They have already said that the state of emergency would only be lifted gradually and it would seem that tourism is going to be down that list when the country is recovering from this crisis at first, but will again become very important to the economy of course. 

Carnival has announced that the Carnival Radiance sailings are cancelled until the 1st of November 2020 at this time.

The Carnival Victory is sitting in Navantia shipyard and was being converted to the Carnival Radiance. Work was to begin just days prior to the work on Allure was scheduled to begin. 

As the work on Victory was scheduled for a 7 week dry dock as much of the work was done on a non-revenue transatlantic sailing. 

I think Allure was originally scheduled for a 6 week dry dock. It would seem that Allure could be available first around mid-October if this is the case. 

• Thanks 1

*March 2020 - Port closures and travel restrictions in place due to the global effects of COVID-19 (coronavirus) have impacted the possibility of moving forward with the amplification of Allure of the Seas. The ship's transformation has been put on hold at this time.

This was buried in the press release from July 2019 announcing the upgrades.

Doesn't seem like a shady thing to do at all as the ship page hasn't been updated to reflect this change.

They will probably refer people to this if they complain that the ship hasn't been upgraded and were not told about it. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1403/new-amplified-adventures-on-royal-caribbeans-allure-of-the-seas-to-make-a-summer-splash-in-europe/ 

Edited by BlueHorizonUK
  • Like 1

Considering the cabins are not being updated, I would consider the ship without the "Amplification" and the addition of 30+12 cabins or so better as is before it get's even more crowded.

I still would think that they will need to do the Amplifcation this year at some point as the shipyards that can fit the ship are in Europe. Since the ship is not scheduled to be in Europe until it's next dry dock in 5 years it would be more efficient to keep the ship on hold over the next months instead of having it moved at a later stage in 1 or 2 years and removing it for 8weeks + out of service.

Edited by LXA350

I paid for the itinerary. If Allure isn't Amped it won't make a difference to me for our Oct. Med cruise. I would have preferred Rhapsody for that itinerary actually, but we have specific weeks we can use and that was the winner.

Edited by depplep
Add content

We booked Allure for the TA because we have never done one and loved the thought of doing one plus going to Europe for the first time.Allure was our first cruise and the one that got us hooked.Allure is a beautiful ship.So mark done another for one that booked NOT because of the amplifications!

What a journey this will be! We booked the Med and TA to join a friends retirement cruise.  They have dropped out.  We are hanging in and wondering what will happen.  It now seems that Allure will be a solid month behind if everything were to just start again and do everything.  Is this even going to be possible since it is likely the shipyard had a full schedule before the shutdown.  The waiting continues.

• Like 1

We were booked on the new amped Oasis for April 26 this year and, of course, it was cancelled.  We took our FCC and booked the Allure for November 2020.  THEN I remembered the dry dock may not happen.  While I still want to cruise, I think RC should CONSIDER some kind of credit (if the amp doesn't happen) as that is what they were selling us-an amplified ship.

Perhaps they will still be able to do the amp but modify the Med cruises due to time constraints.  We will have to wait and see what RC can and will do.

We are booked on the 25th and the Nov 1 TA.  Amped, not Amped no big deal. I was looking forward to the new BBQ and Playmakers, could not care less about the slides. If they keep the two story Diamond Lounge that will make up for other losses. Dry dock was for 58 days and now they can still go in for a 30 day maintenance and limited refurb.  If they should offer compensation for not being amped then I will join the I ONLY BOOKED FOR THE AMPED group. I should sarcastically say that I will demand a free cruise and a full price FCC if the Bionic Bar is not installed at the time of sailing.  We did book a FLL to CA,  return flight and 2 nights in Barcelona, just need to book a oneway flight to Barcelona.  Happy Easter. 

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, irzero said:

New EU commissioner said dont book any holidays this summer expecting to be able to go on holiday.

Pretty much confirms that this summer season is wiped out.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Our Minister for Travel has pretty much said the same thing, although he mentioned 'this year'

It's not looking good for my future cruise bookings. 

Edited by RosieCanberra

16 minutes ago, irzero said:

New EU commissioner said dont book any holidays this summer expecting to be able to go on holiday.

Pretty much confirms that this summer season is wiped out.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

She talked about the summer holiday period from June-August.