Will Allure be AMPED?

On 5/20/2020 at 2:06 PM, Floridadude said:

As of today, their site is still showing the full amp features to entice future cruisers.

The deck plans also show the upgrades and changes.

I am booked on the  Allure for December and am fine without the changes.

I have  sailed all the Oasis class ships multiple times and really don’t care but they should not miss lead people. Take it off your site if it’s not happening.

Absolutely agree. We are sailing end of January. 

23 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Just remember that Royal have said they only need 30% occupancy on newer ships to break even

They will never sail that low. Im guessing more 70%. They need to recoup as much money as they can. Ever time Ive been on Allure its sailed at capacity. 70% profit? Hmmm

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blondiemomm said:

They will never sail that low. Im guessing more 70%. They need to recoup as much money as they can. Ever time Ive been on Allure its sailed at capacity. 70% profit? Hmmm

I doubt they will cancel individual sailings, they might have a few which are 50/70% or so but if one sails at just over 30% it’d probably still go ahead. They are going to want to get people back into cruising. 

A lot of them are going to be 50%, that’s what TUI have announced for there ships. 

Edited by Jack McGowan

17 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

I doubt they will cancel individual sailings, they might have a few which are 50/70% or so but if one sails at just over 30% it’d probably still go ahead. They are going to want to get people back into cruising. 

A lot of them are going to be 50%, that’s what TUI have announced for there ships. 

Our January Allure sailing is already over 50%...interesting to see how this plays out...

1 hour ago, Jack McGowan said:

Tui will start of sailing with 50% capacity this summer, however as they will develop the new concepts this will also be gradually be increased.

46 minutes ago, Blondiemomm said:

Our January Allure sailing is already over 50%...interesting to see how this plays out...

If cruises will be happening in January RCL will either react soon to cap the maximum amount of passengers, which will likely be above 50% but maybe not more than 80%, a level they might not even be able to reach over the first months once sailings will begin.

What confuses people, the crusilines are no planing to sail at 30 / 50% longer term. When RCL made the comment they refered to what the minimum capacity they need that it even makes economical sense to operate the cruise. It's not a break even point but already will make them loose less money than having the ship in warm layup. That cruiselines don't want ships over th first months at 100% capacity will probably happen automatically due to demand developments and if not they will take needed measures starting with lowest fare cabins etc.

42 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

If cruises will be happening in January RCL will either react soon to cap the maximum amount of passengers, which will likely be above 50% but maybe not more than 80%, a level they might not even be able to reach over the first months once sailings will begin.

If capacity limits are anything like airlines, why bother.  Planes with 160 seats are flying with 136 passengers.  Makes no sense with just a few seats empty.  Whatever max reduced capacity Royal uses I do not believe it will be long to reach that number.  Allure should be sailing almost right out of the yards if the "new" scheduling holds up.  Ports are another subject altogether!

3 hours ago, bigeck said:

Typo.

I just don't see Royal stating Shengen member countries only.

Like saying ships from Southampton will be for Uk citizens only

Royal didn´t say anything like that... It´s the EU which might not open up for non EU countries. And don´t worry, UK still counts as EU country til the end of the year...

steamboats

2 hours ago, Blondiemomm said:

I don’t think there is any chance of a ship sailing at 70% capacity IF social distancing is still an issue. The 30 and 50 percent numbers came from RCI. It’s not like people on this forum are guessing what capacity is required for a cruise to be profitable for RCI. 

38 minutes ago, steamboats said:

Royal didn´t say anything like that... It´s the EU which might not open up for non EU countries. And don´t worry, UK still counts as EU country til the end of the year...

steamboats

That's the main point.

It's all speculation

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t think there is any chance of a ship sailing at 70% capacity IF social distancing is still an issue. The 30 and 50 percent numbers came from RCI. It’s not like people on this forum are guessing what capacity is required for a cruise to be profitable for RCI. 

Im aware of that. My point is that RCI is going to fill the ship as most as they can per guidelines. My price is locked. I don't care if they sail at 30% or 50% or 70%. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Allure should be sailing almost right out of the yards if the "new" scheduling holds up.

The reduced dry dock could have her out by end of June - so min of a month before she could sail.

14 hours ago, bigeck said:

That's the main point.

It's all speculation

June 7th is the current date Spain is supposed to begin the end of the lock down measures. Spain already said they might not be able to accept foreign tourists until July.

It mainly depends on when EU is opeing up the borders and when the countries open up.

steamboats

7 hours ago, steamboats said:

June 7th is the current date Spain is supposed to begin the end of the lock down measures. Spain already said they might not be able to accept foreign tourists until July.

It mainly depends on when EU is opeing up the borders and when the countries open up.

steamboats

If Allure is out of dry dock in a month then it will only be 2 weeks until Spain may allow tourists.

Ive always said she would be a perfect ship to trial any new measures on with a few guinea pigs...

However with the blanket no RCI cruises until August 1, could they do this? 

6 minutes ago, little britain said:

If Allure is out of dry dock in a month then it will only be 2 weeks until Spain may allow tourists.

Ive always said she would be a perfect ship to trial any new measures on with a few guinea pigs...

However with the blanket no RCI cruises until August 1, could they do this? 

Interesting enough that they didn´t cancel July for China cruises but say that China and Europe could be the first to start again.

June 7th is just the current end date of the state of emergency in Spain. It could be extended. The Spanish premier/president said foreign tourists might return in July...

Then you still need to have the ports in France and Italy open up... Costa and MSC are discussing cruises out of Italy for Italians only with all Italian ports (but actually Costa can´t do that because of a cabotage law - even more complicated than the US PVSA).

And they need to prepare the ship for those cruises and get the crew back on... cancel folks to limit the number of passengers.... So they will definitely need until August to get the Allure up and running in the Med.

steamboats

22 minutes ago, zonacruiser25 said:

They may allow cruises but for us the question remains if we can travel to Spain without quarantine or return to Miami and get home without quarantine

We are booked on her in August.  We are from the UK and our quarantine would be 14 days once we got back home.  

5 minutes ago, livylotte said:

We are booked on her in August.  We are from the UK and our quarantine would be 14 days once we got back home.  

And you are ok with that and will still go if the cruise occurs?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Can the port handle Allure?

That's the million dollar question. Rcl scraped building terminal 3 which was to be big enough to hold it for a year. Galveston council actually decided not to vote on if rcl could put it on hold. One ta says what choice does Galveston really have? Another ta said she called rcl about cancelling, she has groups the first 4 weeks allure will go out of Galveston and said rcl asked her to wait to cancel. So now we can speculate what that means too. Make her a offer to switch, yes they will come. I've even heard setting up tents to help get people onboard.

That's what is driving us crazy, the endless speculation. I sure wish rcl would just tell us.  Surely rcl knows? Just come out with it and tell us.

I'll take any ship tbh, but I'd like to know. 

Edited by firefly333

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And you are ok with that and will still go if the cruise occurs?

I don't know yet.  Not made final payment yet - so have until 27th June to decide.

Editing to say that I very much doubt she will sail.

Edited by livylotte

Just now, livylotte said:

I don't know yet.  Not made final payment yet - so have until 27th June to decide.

One of my biggest concerns at the present time with cruising is that my one week vacation turns into three. I just can't have that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

That's the million dollar question. Rcl scraped building terminal 3 which was to be big enough to hold it for a year. Galveston council actually decided not to vote on if rcl could put it on hold. One ta says what choice does Galveston really have? Another ta said she called rcl about cancelling, she has groups the first 4 weeks allure will go out of Galveston and said rcl asked her to wait to cancel. So now we can speculate what that means too. Make her a offer to switch, yes they will come. I've even heard setting up rents to help get people onboard.

That's what is driving us crazy, the endless speculation. I sure wish rcl would just tell us. 

If you follow the current situation, I suspect Royal will not confirm anything until after final payment is due. They need working capital.