Will Allure be AMPED?

At least Royal admitted the obvious in the reply about Allure.  The surprises, or confirmations of rumors, will still be slow and frustrating.  It would be interesting to be the fly on the wall in the meetings they have on all these issues.  Spain, Italy and Europe are still being just as vague so answers will not be what we would like.  July is getting close and I know we will not put any more $$$$ towards the great unknown when final payment is due.  Like many others, we are hoping for the $125% cancelled cruise option but that seems less and less likely.  Oh well 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure it makes much diff as she's got nothing to do for at least 2 more months.

Good point I guess, BUT, she could leave Cadiz and return to the US across the Atlantic never to be seen again over here in 2020!!

1 minute ago, Cosmic Rays said:

Good point I guess, BUT, she could leave Cadiz and return to the US across the Atlantic never to be seen again over here in 2020!!

Unless/until Spain/Italy make official declarations about ports being closed through the end of the season, I don't see that happening.

18 minutes ago, Cosmic Rays said:

Doubt they would rush to get her back across to the US yet, haven’t seen a single ship that’s been on repatriation return to the US yet. All of them are just sticking around where they have dropped off crew. See Empress, Majesty, Jewel for example. I know that Allure isn’t on crew repatriation but it seems a bit pointless moving ships around at the moment when they aren’t sure what’s going on. 

Edited by Jack McGowan

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m going to say Allure TA will be without passengers.

I think you may be right. The way things are going with closed borders... if Americans aren't allowed into Europe they won't be able to get to Barcelona to get on the ship. And if Europeans aren't allowed into the US, they'd have to be denied boarding in Barcelona. So who does that leave as passengers? And would they want to sail anyway? All those sea days, if someone came down with the C-word... What a mess. 😞

1 hour ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Hopefully she is back to fully operational status.  Should see her at sea soon for a shakedown cruise if nothing else to make sure everything works.  I wonder if Royal will even have a press release about her?

She’s at sea now, returning to Cadiz tomorrow

Local media discussed the disappointment with the Allure of the Seas project at Navantia due to the fact that in the end the work only required around 400 workers a day as the length of the project had been extended in dry dock. 

They re-emphasized how the work was restricted only to the maritime maintenance and propulsion issues and nothing else. 

Interestingly they discuss that although the contract for the Carnival Victory has not been cancelled they have not done any work on the ship. There is suspicion the ship could be one of the 6 ships mentioned by Carnival as leaving their fleet. 

There was no mention of the Celebrity Constellation that was due into the Navantia yards when the Carnival ship was completed. 

Navantia delayed a meeting with all personnel concerning the future of the shipyard's cruise ship contracts until Wednesday, allowing the Allure of the Seas project to be completed with her departure today, and stated that while none had been cancelled they expect there will be severe impact on the shipyard in the near future. 

https://www.diariodecadiz.es/noticias-provincia-cadiz/Navantia-Allure-crucero-reparado-Cadiz_0_1478252462.html

• Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I was hoping for something right at 20. 

I, too, would expect something like18-20 for a sea trial after a propulsion fix. I never thought to track the ship before the fix. Maybe @John&LaLa would know what the cruising speed was as he was on the TA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I, too, would expect something like18-20 for a sea trial after a propulsion fix. I never thought to track the ship before the fix. Maybe @John&LaLa would know what the cruising speed was as he was on the TA.

I thought we were doing around 16-18

Big problem for us was the vibration since we were aft.

Luckily we were stopped when we had the party on the balcony. I have great pictures.😉😇

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Luckily we were stopped when we had the party on the balcony. I have great pictures.😉😇

Maybe in the Caribbean they were cruising slower to keep the vibration down or to help prolong the failing part(s)? I don't recall topping 18 on any of my cruises on the ship. So if they were doing 18 in the Caribbean it should not have really affected the itineraries.

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe in the Caribbean they were cruising slower to keep the vibration down or to help prolong the failing part(s)? I don't recall topping 18 on any of my cruises on the ship. So if they were doing 18 in the Caribbean it should not have really affected the itineraries.

Probably to prolong damage. Interesting enough, they removed the blades of the bad azipod before the crossing.

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

When I was a kid living on Nantucket the Steamship Authority ran true steamships from the island to America. Those boats had zero vibration. If you weren't looking you couldn't even feel that they had departed the dock.  A billion dollar cruise ship isn't vibration free. Steam is awesome.

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You take pictures?🤔😉😄

• Haha 2