Will Allure be AMPED?

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are long before final payment, you can cancel if you wish..

I'm aware of that.  I have a non-refundable deposit though so I'll be penalized for cancelling.  

Again, given the current econonic situation and bad PR the cruise industry is getting I would think Royal would be trying to encourage people not to cancel.   At the very least, Royal should stop promoting the Explorer as being an amplifed ship when it isn't happening. 

Edited by lovemylab

7 minutes ago, irzero said:

I'm from the UK. I couldnt care less exactly what is where. To me Miami is the name if the place I remember I went at the age if 10 years old. A bit like how americans think everyone in England travels on the tube and red buses and says cheerio.

I don't go around correcting people on irrelevancies because it makes you look pedantic and also a bit pathetic.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Most Americans don’t think that. Just stupid Americans. But you can be forgiven for thinking we are all stupid. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lovemylab said:

I'm aware of that.  I have a non-refundable deposit though so I'll be penalized for cancelling.  

Again, given the current econonic situation and bad PR the cruise industry is getting I would think Royal would be trying to encourage people not to cancel.   

This is unfolding so quickly, give it a couple of weeks. I'm sure they're in the process of coming up with contingency plans, scope of work that can be done, alternatives for booked pax, etc. It can't all be done overnight.

2 minutes ago, irzero said:

I don't think that as I have some friends ironically in Miami. But these people on here really arent helping that stereotype right now.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I hear you there! I live in America and shake my head frequently at what I read and see!

My favorite parts of the U.K. were everything except London. Did nothing for me. I’ll take Edinburgh or Grasmere or York over it any day. 

Edited by pyrateslife4me84
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So you find it ok to say you visited the London Bridge in Liverpool?

I woud be suprised if someone went to the UK to visit the London Bridge.  It's hardly considered a tourist attraction.  Were you perhaps referrring to Tower Bridge? 😉

• Haha 2

Navantia shipyard has suspended all activity and the situation in Spain is still very grave. They do refer to the Allure project as having been 'postponed.'

They have 3 plants all working on different projects, including repairs on Spanish navy ships and the building of 5 ships for the Saudi Arabian navy under contract. All work has been suspended. 

Under current conditions a mid-June date might be the earliest Spain can get back to work. When or if Royal Caribbean will be able to fit in the project is uncertain. The shipyard does have other projects on the books as well. 

One strategy would be to save as much of the Mediterranean season, if allowed by local authorities, and cancel the Transatlantic sailing and fit it in then, if that is even feasible. 

1 hour ago, lovemylab said:

You are completely missing their point.   The discussion is not about the location of Disney parks.  It's about Royal Caribbean advertising one thing (and charging a higher price for that) and then delivering something completely different.

They're on a fishing trip - on other threads about binning the D lounge and making it for Pineapples only! 

A worse self entitled keyboard warrior you'll struggle to find - on the bonus side, it seems they're on a cruise or 2 that we're on ( assuming all this CV19 stuff goes away), so I can't wait to meet them! ha ha ha

Edited by ZiggaZagga17
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

One strategy would be to save as much of the Mediterranean season, if allowed by local authorities, and cancel the Transatlantic sailing and fit it in then, if that is even feasible. 

I think ( and we're on a B2B immediately before the TA ) that it'll be the opposite! She was due to sail for HOME (this is the key word) on November 1st and they will not want to leave that much later OR for that matter leave her in the Mediterranean all winter, so I think once this is all a lot clearer, they'll bin the summer season (or most of it) and sail her home on her due date or even empty at another time to get her back to the US for the winter cruising season. 

1 minute ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

I think ( and we're on a B2B immediately before the TA ) that it'll be the opposite! She was due to sail for HOME (this is the key word) on November 1st and they will not want to leave that much later OR for that matter leave her in the Mediterranean all winter, so I think once this is all a lot clearer, they'll bin the summer season (or most of it) and sail her home on her due date or even empty at another time to get her back to the US for the winter cruising season. 

That is what I think as well.  If they have ships in the Med this summer I expect it will be a reduced number of sailings and instead they'll focus more on the winter Caribbean season.

• Like 1

It'll be a 'reformation' of the service they provide - it's akin to the industry where I work!

The key aspect to all of this is you have to figure out the difference of 'playing catch up' and 'starting afresh' 

If they end up being a couple of weeks behind (highly unlikely at this time) then they could nip a few itineraries in the bud and carry on as normal so to speak! This again, realistically isn't going to happen, so they'll probably be looking at a 'reformation' date/itinerary and the on time westbound crossing will be integral to this! 

Playing catch up will just prolong the problem and effectively struggle to keep the majority of customers happy!  In the way I describe they disrupt a 'minority' and can get back to getting $'s in the bank and not spending it in the form of compensation!

40 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

I hear you there! I live in America and shake my head frequently at what I read and see!

My favorite parts of the U.K. were everything except London. Did nothing for me. I’ll take Edinburgh or Grasmere or York over it any day. 

I love London. I've met some awesome people just from being in a pub in the evening.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, irzero said:

I couldnt care less what that contract says. Its not enforceable in the UK anyway. 

Unless they deliver what they say they would then i want the cruise cancelled. 

You wouldnt accept a trip to Disneyland Paris when you paid for a trip to Disneyland Miami just because of some unforeseen circumstances. 

Its essentially a different ship with different amenities and likely totally different itinerary and that is if people can get there without flights or still want to get on board at all. 

You are then fortunate to have much better protections in the UK than we in the U.S. have.

3 hours ago, lovemylab said:

Regardless of what the contract states, people are still allowed to be upset with this change.

I have the Explorer booked for October and it was advertsed as an amplified ship and the price reflected that.  When I go to Royals website they are still advertising the upgrades on the Explorer.  

Given the current economy and all the negative press surrouding cruising, I think the last thing any cruiseline should be doing right now is pissing off their current clients.  Offering a small onboard credit or some form of compensation to those already booked would be a good gesture.

I certainly understand your point. You are not getting what was advertised and what you payed for.  And I did have a wink after my post that you quoted.😉 RCI is not good at updating its website. Heck, for years it said that Voyager class ships had glass covered solariums. However, I do think that when you book something that doesn't exist yet you take a risk. Whether a new build gets delayed, a refurb doesn't go off as scheduled, a dry docking take longer than expected, etc. 

There are not a lot of things in life that I pay for months before I receive them. The only way to decrease the risk that we take in cruising is to not book so far out and then risk not being able to get the accommodations that you want or no longer having a price point that you find acceptable. I don't proclaim to have the answers. Would it be nice for the cruise lines to offer some OBC as a good will gesture when things don't go right? Absolutely. However, as I have said many times on these boards, we agree to a contract which essentially provides us no rights. The first time I took a cruise years ago I read the contract and my first thought was... why the hell would anyone agree to this? But I wanted to try a cruise so I held my nose and agreed to the terms. And then I found myself hooked. 

• Like 4

I’m on the maybe-maybe-not TA and if I ever got an OBC and no purple monstrosity, that would be a win-win. Maybe I’d miss Portside BBQ, but, guess what, there is one on another ship! Options are good! 

mac_tlc

3 hours ago, lovemylab said:

I woud be suprised if someone went to the UK to visit the London Bridge.  It's hardly considered a tourist attraction.  Were you perhaps referrring to Tower Bridge? 😉

No. I was just showing that it wasn’t located in Liverpool but in London just like Disney World (Not Disneyland) not located in Miami. 

1 hour ago, irzero said:

Im amazed at so many people on this thread booked on a ship full of stuff they dislike. 

Exagerating much?  I don't see anyone complaining about current amenities on the ships.  It's disappoinment about purchasing one thing and receiving something else.  Furthermore, aren't you the person in this thread that compared it to booking Disney World and then receiving Disneyland?

When I go to Royal's website and look at Allure & Explorer the amplified upgrades are all listed as currently available.  I think it's understandable that one would expect these features to be onboard seeing as how Royal is advertising them.

Edited by lovemylab
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, irzero said:

Im amazed at so many people on this thread booked on a ship full of stuff they dislike. 

Not too much drama ... "full of" and "dislike" are quite overstatements. There are many more things on Allure than the Ultimate Abyss. It is a "strong preference". Central Park is fabulous, on any of them. Shows are awesome, on any of them. Boardwalk area is fun, on any of them. 

Some of us prefer this view:

IMG_4443.JPG

To this view:

IMG_4950.JPG

Alas, in some not-too-distant future, there will be no alternative. That is my main objection. Looking forward to Portside BBQ, but if its not on the amped Allure, you can get it on Oasis--- options. Playmakers is nice and its on several ships. I like Sabor (while it still exists).

The amplification makes the ships much more similar than different. I prefer some variation. Is one ship without one feature a " ship full of stuff they dislike" ? I think not.   

I chose this cruise because it is a TA on an Oasis class ship, plus I've never been to Barcelona. I also chose the Harmony in Oct 2021 because it is a TA on an Oasis class ship -- even though it has the most useless (for us) Solarium in the fleet.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, irzero said:

Im referencing the people saying they dont want the upgrades and yet booked on an upgraded ship.

I want the upgrades the current state of the ship i wouldnt pay money to sail on. 

People like certain aspects of O class ships. They don't want to give those up. They just don't care about, or in some cases even want, the upgrades. Unfortunately, Allure is the last of the non upgraded O class. When Allure is done here will be no option if you want to sail an O class ship.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, irzero said:

Im referencing the people saying they dont want the upgrades and yet booked on an upgraded ship.

I want the upgrades the current state of the ship i wouldnt pay money to sail on. 

They booked it because there are other things that they like which made them overlook some of the upgrades.

Things like the itinerary, timing of the cruise, prices, departure port or even features that they like (ex.  Central Park) and even the preferences of their significant other.

Nowadays, for me it is a balancing act.  I trade off all of the above when figuring out which cruise we may be doing next.  I usually have a few different options to present to my wife. (I do most the vacation planning.  We first talk about type of vacation we want to next, then I do the research).

5 hours ago, lovemylab said:

If you want to visit London bridge you have to go to Lake Havasu Arizona USA.  London Bridge (Lake Havasu City) London Bridge is a bridge in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. It was built in the 1830s and formerly spanned the River Thames in London, England. It was dismantled in 1967 and relocated to Arizona.image.png.f886a4dec4346e31dfd7a956a0686881.png

• Like 1