11 Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise Photo Review - Celebrity Reflection

Marvy Mare

1 hour ago, Perky1 said:

Thank you Maris.  We will try and book this cruise in the spring of I am thinking likely 2022.  Not sure things will be back to normal in 2021.  Take care and be well.

Barb and Kevin

We just might see you then.

Maris

40 minutes ago, Summer1961 said:

Thank you Maris for a great review and great photos.

I have enjoyed following you and reliving these beautiful locations especially during this isolation period. I’ve been reading you every morning.   We have a cruise booked for August but will be cancelling.  We hope to cruise again someday, but I also think it will be awhile for us.  I don’t think we will be going very far, very soon.  We were planning on buying an RV this spring but that plan is also on hold.

The trip home was our worry as we felt so safe on the ship.  The FLL airport was a scary place along with taxis and airplanes.  We are grateful to be safe in our home and only go out when necessary.  It seems everything changed after we left the Reflection.

I’m sorry we didn’t get to meet, maybe another time.

Stay safe and take care.

Christine

PS: your dogs are gorgeous.  

Hi again Christine

Yes, the ship was so clean. It was shocking to see the crowds at the airport and I didn't get the impression that either airport was being kept really clean. Did you fly back into Ottawa? 

Maybe we'll meet at a campground somewhere. We have a trailer that we just use in Ontario in the summer. Towing for long distances isn't fun for Ken, but we love camping. We have bookings at Provincial Parks for June, July, and late August into September. I'm hoping  (I may be dreaming) that Parks will be open by September. If not, I'll just camp in the yard for a bit. 

We live in cottage country on a lake and all the boat launches are closed on the lake. Looking on the bright side I will able to kayak in peace and quiet.

Yes the dogs are adorable

Maris

4 hours ago, Marvy Mare said:

Take care and keep healthy! Thanks so much for following! Next Photo Cruise Review in a couple of years, I hope!

Maris, thanks for helping us all through these long days of isolation and reminding us through your great photos of what we are now missing- the freedom to travel and meet new people in far-off places where we can leave our daily cares behind as we glide over sparkling blue seas with a cocktail in hand and a smile on our happy faces.

Wonderful review!

Cheers!

Norris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bimmer09 said:

Maris, thanks for helping us all through these long days of isolation and reminding us through your great photos of what we are now missing- the freedom to travel and meet new people in far-off places where we can leave our daily cares behind as we glide over sparkling blue seas with a cocktail in hand and a smile on our happy faces.

Wonderful review!

Cheers!

Norris

Norris

Thank you for your kind words and thanks for all your technical assistance.

Unfortunately, it looks as if the cruise industry is getting a lot of blame for the spread of this virus. I hope they are able to recover. Though I have discovered cruising late in life, it has sure been a great way to explore new places and until this cruise, without a worry in the world. 

The world has just become a smaller place, due to the ease of transportation. I’m not quite sure what we will learn from all this. But I know I will really appreciate being able to spend time with people and hopefully hug friends and family again.  

Maris

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marvy Mare said:

Hi again Christine

Yes, the ship was so clean. It was shocking to see the crowds at the airport and I didn't get the impression that either airport was being kept really clean. Did you fly back into Ottawa? 

Hi again,

We flew back through Monfreal and then Ottawa... two planes, twice the fun.  I was appalled at how dirty the planes were when I wiped our seats and general area.  I will forever be travelling with disinfecting wipes now.

We try to avoid the Toronto airport as much as we can.  We did have to fly through Toronto to FLL.  Ottawa doesn’t have many direct flights, strange as it seems, for an international airport the Nation’s Capital.

All the best to you and your family as we get through this crisis.  Enjoy the new granddaughter, when you are able to see her.  We have a new grandniece that we are dying to see. ❤️

• Thanks 1

Glad you are home and well,  and have  brought your review to conclusion.

Your review has been something  fun to look forward  to each day on Cruise Critic. You have made many new friends!

I think you should write a book with photos about the beautiful place where you live!

All the best

Hcat  in NY

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GeorgesGal said:

Thank you, Maris, for taking all of us along on your wonderful adventure!  I could tell how much you enjoyed it by the tone of your 'voice'!

Donna

Thanks Donna

I really did enjoy our cruise & sharing photos with others. Just trying to figure out what my next adventure might be.

Maris

23 minutes ago, hcat said:

Glad you are home and well,  and have  brought your review to conclusion.

Your review has been something  fun to look forward  to each day on Cruise Critic. You have made many new friends!

I think you should write a book with photos about the beautiful place where you live!

All the best

Hcat  in NY

Hi again Hcat

I will miss writing each morning and responding to people who are following. Maybe I can sleep in until 5am tomorrow. 

Glad and you enjoyed it. Take care and keep healthy. 

Maris

59 minutes ago, Noreen411 said:

Hi Maris

I’m sorry to see your review end.  It was great to read and see your amazing pictures.

Stay safe and healthy

Noreen

Thanks Noreen

I’ll have your review to follow now. Keep up the good work. 

Maris

Thank you Maris for writing a wonderful review. I enjoyed the daily read of your wonderful trip. Sadly, my cruise on the Reflection to the British Isles in July I choose to cancel.  But now I have a Future Cruise Credit to spend another time on another cruise(I had booked a Non Refundable Deposit).

loved the photos of your trip and even of your home in Canada...what a gift.

stay well

elaine

12 hours ago, emdmistycc said:

Thank you Maris for writing a wonderful review. I enjoyed the daily read of your wonderful trip. Sadly, my cruise on the Reflection to the British Isles in July I choose to cancel.  But now I have a Future Cruise Credit to spend another time on another cruise(I had booked a Non Refundable Deposit).

loved the photos of your trip and even of your home in Canada...what a gift.

stay well

elaine

Thanks Elaine

Great that you have a credit to spend on another cruise. You can start dreaming about another trip now. 

Take Care

Maris

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Maris, Hi and hello . Today Friday - another week passed. At this point one day seems to flow into another. My husband is deemed essential and leaves each morning before 7am not returning most evenings until 7.30ish pm. I like most have not left the house in weeks never mind days and it just seems to go on. Hardly any contact with another human except the occasional phone call. Even groceries delivered to the door. Thank goodness for Instacart which is an  amazing service I have started to use. I honestly never thought I would ever order my groceries “Online” but it does provide a little piece of mind in not having to go into a public place at this point. One thing I and I am sure most are grateful for is the sanctuary of our homes at this difficult time, but I cannot help but sadly think that next week , had things not become so scary , we would be flying to SJU for a few days prior to a Repo to New Jersey with a few days after in N>Y. I have however, found much joy in your blog and thoroughly enjoyed your writings and fantastic pictures. Thank you for posting the link to your previous review which I will begin to read this weekend. I mentioned a few posts back that the pictures of your fur babies are the most artistic I have yet seem. You truly are not only a gifted writer but also a very talented photographer. I sincerely hope you will continue to post if possible and you feel inspired to do so. I believe yours must be one of the most read blogs. Wishing you and all other cruise critic members a wonderful and relaxing weekend. Linda

C7159294-70D1-4D5D-B744-79FDECD711E9.jpeg

C54DEC0E-FEC7-4E1E-B670-6B1437CEEA7C.jpeg

875C4101-272D-49CD-9154-7D6B586791E1.jpeg

Linda

Thanks so much for your flattering comments again. I am so glad that you enjoyed my report. These days are rather long. Everyone feels like Sunday and my husband and I are both retired. At least you have someone who comes home at 7:30. Though it's late, it would be really tough to be all on your own for 24-7. And you have those adorable puppies. Are you able to get out for walks with them?

I won't be writing anymore in this report other than to answer people who have commented. We are keeping fairly busy doing yard work and  remodelling our basement. Our young dog (she's 9 years young) gets two long walks every day and the older guy (12 1/2) gets two short walks. Today since we were in the mood, we cooked up a storm and have sides for the next few days.

I have varied photo interests. My favourite are vacation photos, whether here in Ontario in the summer or in warmer climes in the winter. I've tried portrait photography (not my favourite, other than photos of our beautiful family), landscape photography and wildlife photography. The camera I have right now is meant for sports and wildlife photography though I think it's a great all around camera. 

_DSC3782

This was right across the road from our house

untitled-2472

And this yesterday in front of our house.

untitled-2453

Stella - Our pup

untitled-1493

Dexter - our old guy.

If you click on any of these photos, I think it will take you to my Flickr account. I post a lot of photos there (including all I used in my report). If they are public, anyone can see them. 

Are you right in downtown Toronto? We lived in Port Credit and worked in downtown Toronto, many years ago. We are fortunate to live out in the country at this time. We can go for long walks without seeing anyone or go for social distancing walks on either side of our quiet roads.

We have also used online grocery shopping. I have alway enjoyed online shopping but this grocery store shopping is something new. Works well but I'd rather be out in the store, not now but when things get back to 'normal.' 

If you are looking to enjoy cruising through Cruise Reports have you read Bimmer's? He is very articulate and funny. His reviews are very detailed and long and his photos are amazing. 

Thanks again

Keep safe & healthy

Maris

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Maris!  

I just found this review yesterday and have just now finished reading it.  I'm overwhelmed with sadness for two reasons...first that your spectacular review is over, and second that we've had our ABC cruise for Sep 4 on Equinox planned for over a year and it probably won't happen.  These are the islands we haven't yet visited and I was really looking forward to it for our 31st wedding anniversary.

Thank you so much for letting me live this cruise with you and have this experience.  Your pictures are absolutely amazing and your commentary is entertaining and informative!  I remember your last review which I also loved and hope that I find your next review to enjoy as well!  When might that be...?!

Hope you are safe and healthy!  Thank you again!

Lisa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Maris,

Thank you for another great post. 

I read a few times in your posts that you have trouble orienting when on a ship (fwd/aft).  I sometimes have the same issue - certain that I am going forward only to discover I am heading to the stern.

One tip - check out which way the staircase landings face.  On the Summit, the last flight faces the forward when going down.  Knowing that always helped!

Be safe!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for posting this during these crazy times. I just booked my first X for Jan 2022 and I’m so hopeful we can actually go! It’s so important to keep our spirits and socialization up now so, again, thank you SO much for your lovely review and wonderful photography.  It is truly appreciated!

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 6:07 PM, Beachlover1989 said:

Hi Maris!  

I just found this review yesterday and have just now finished reading it.  I'm overwhelmed with sadness for two reasons...first that your spectacular review is over, and second that we've had our ABC cruise for Sep 4 on Equinox planned for over a year and it probably won't happen.  These are the islands we haven't yet visited and I was really looking forward to it for our 31st wedding anniversary.

Thank you so much for letting me live this cruise with you and have this experience.  Your pictures are absolutely amazing and your commentary is entertaining and informative!  I remember your last review which I also loved and hope that I find your next review to enjoy as well!  When might that be...?!

Hope you are safe and healthy!  Thank you again!

Lisa

Thank you Lisa! I loved doing this report and it’s quite easy to get great photos on those beautiful islands and in Cartagena. I haven’t even thought about cruising for awhile. My brother  pointed out to me that a couple of people had recently read my review . Now I’m thinking about cruising again, just not sure when.

It’s been summer here in Ontario for a few weeks now. I’m in camping mode. But hopefully we will cruise again. We’re just waiting until things start up again so we can read other reviews and decide to try it again. We loved this itinerary so much we’d like to do it again. 

Thanks again

Maris

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 5:46 PM, ctbeacher said:

Hi Maris,

Thank you for another great post. 

I read a few times in your posts that you have trouble orienting when on a ship (fwd/aft).  I sometimes have the same issue - certain that I am going forward only to discover I am heading to the stern.

One tip - check out which way the staircase landings face.  On the Summit, the last flight faces the forward when going down.  Knowing that always helped!

Be safe!

Hi

Thanks so much for that advice. I know I’ll read this entire review again before we go on another cruise. I may not get lost again. 

Maris

16 hours ago, rmandmm said:

Thank you so much for posting this during these crazy times. I just booked my first X for Jan 2022 and I’m so hopeful we can actually go! It’s so important to keep our spirits and socialization up now so, again, thank you SO much for your lovely review and wonderful photography.  It is truly appreciated!

I sure hope we’ll able to cruise again by 2022. We discovered cruising late in life but I would sure like to try it again. My brother had told us for years how great cruising was. Glad we finally listened to him. 

You’ll love Celebrity. Yes crazy times right now. We thought when we got back from the cruise in March we’d self isolate for 2 weeks and then be back to normal. Who knew.

Keep healthy & safe

Maris

• Like 1