Advice anyone....worried mum

FiggyWig

Hi Celebrity Regulars

I'm a frequent visitor to the Celebrity boards (but the post really relates RCI so will be posting there to). 

We are in the UK and my son & DiL flew out to Miami earlier this week to be embarking on Serenade of the Seas on Friday just gone. Us at home have obviously been watching as the virus problem gets worse (& I guess as parents ⁴we hoped the trip would be cancelled before they boarded).

Well it appears they must have been one of the last to leave since the decision to suspend came just a few hours later.  They followed Reflection out of port). A bit unsure off hand which islands they are heading for but its St Martaan area.

DS has since been in touch a few hours ago and seems oblivious to the latest developments...I have only just discovered this myself from RCI website.

Ideally I would like to see the ship turn around and make a quick return so that at least they could try and get an earlier flight back home before Mr. Trump totally shuts the door on UK. But from the announcement it would appear they intend for ships to continue their current journeys.

So ..question I have..does anybody have any further update on what might be happening for ships just starting out ?

Or anyone know of any other Brits who will need to be travelling home in the next few weeks..either coming off a ship or otherwise.

Everything for this is made worse as DS is due to start a new job in April so has to get back home 😱

Any views appreciated.

Thanks

A worried mum

The door is shut on people coming from the UK.  But not entirely....US citizens are exempted they can come back. Also the  door is not shut going to the UK unless the UK government shuts it. If the UK did shut the door to the US I think they would do like the US, allow their citizens to return. 

Edited by Charles4515

If your son visits guest relations onboard with a copy of his homeward bound flight details they will help him find out if his present flight will go ahead or if not alternatives.

Re his new job, if he can’t establish a return flight date I suggest he emails the company and explains his present problem...They may suggest he delays his start and completes a period of self isolation first.

If he doesn’t have an Internet package it may be worth buying something to keep in touch.