Where are all these cruise ships going to moor?

Was at the in-laws today and seen the Pacific Dawn slowly heading out front just off Morton Island, where is it going?

No passengers on board are they just going to float around out at sea or heading to a port somewhere ??? 

More to the fact where are all these ships going to wait out these pause's...

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

They will all find places, it is not like the cruise terminals (docks or bouys) are being used for operations.

Correct,

But there is a lot ships just sitting around and I only suspect not many ports to have ships sitting on them.

If I am not mistaken there should be an app where you can see all the routes of both ships and airplanes. They have to send their coordinates every hour or smth. If I find it I will leave a comment here. But in any case most likely they sail to the ports that still open. If its carribean it will sail to states , if its Europe then it might be porta in Scandinavia or islabds in Mideterenean

32 minutes ago, SuitesRbest said:

I think near ALL cruise lines are self suspended/Paused?

I will stand corrected if not,,..

I would agree with that, but where will all these ships be moored whilst empty? Home ports? 

Gee guys, there are other deep water ports around our coast, not just Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.  There’s, Newcastle, and up north Gladstone and of course Fremantle. So that’s three more at least. SA has a few deep water working ports - I’m sure they would share in times of need.

That Chinese one in Darwin would’ve been nice 🤔

Rose

Edited by Porky55

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

Question... wouldn't they have to dock  every so often to take on fuel and supplies ??

Cheers Don

if they are in a designated anchorage, like Port Phillip Bay, fuel and supplies can be provided by lighter services.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Regents Seven Seas Navigator suspended her cruise at Tauranga yesterday ,Sunday 15th , According to Marine Traffic she left the port and  is now circling off the coast . 

Seven Seas Navigator is anchored off Tauranga:

Capturessv16032020.jpg

3 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Question... wouldn't they have to dock  every so often to take on fuel and supplies ??

Cheers Don

They wouldn't need to dock but would need to be somewhere sheltered that had the refueling ships nearby.

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

if they are in a designated anchorage, like Port Phillip Bay, fuel and supplies can be provided by lighter services.

31 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They wouldn't need to dock but would need to be somewhere sheltered that had the refueling ships nearby.

Thanks for the answers......

and not let the cruise lines change from the names "lighter" or "'oiler"' like they did tender

Cheers DON