Aurora

Bin man

Like you we were relying on the assurance we were given whilst onboard that our refund would come through automatically within a week. We did not contact P&O immediately following disembarkation nor did we complete a refund request form, which we noted you did recently.

We had followed up with P&O during April and concluded that refund should be forthcoming within 60 days.  So, that would have meant refund due by 15 May, if you consider 16 March plus 60 days.

However, when we phoned today we were told that P&O had applied 7 April as our starting point and not 16 March as we had assumed would be the case.  7 April plus 60 days = refund due by 6 June.

Difference between 15 May and 6 June is 3 weeks.

Hopefully above is clearer now.

2 hours ago, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

Like you we were relying on the assurance we were given whilst onboard that our refund would come through automatically within a week. We did not contact P&O immediately following disembarkation nor did we complete a refund request form, which we noted you did recently.

We had followed up with P&O during April and concluded that refund should be forthcoming within 60 days.  So, that would have meant refund due by 15 May, if you consider 16 March plus 60 days.

However, when we phoned today we were told that P&O had applied 7 April as our starting point and not 16 March as we had assumed would be the case.  7 April plus 60 days = refund due by 6 June.

Thanks. Yes, that's very clear. So hopefully I can expect my refund at some point in the next 3 weeks. As you mentioned, a few days ago I completed an online refund request form just in case that was necessary after all.  Hopefully that won't have overwritten the 7th April starting point with the date I submitted the refund request!

On 5/16/2020 at 7:31 PM, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

Having kept the letter from Captain Love  and I can quote ' You will, of course, receive a full refund for your

cruise'.

Nowhere in the letter does it say we will have to submit a claim. I believe that the date of 7 April has

been 'sucked out of the air' by someone (hopefully someone without to much authority) and that

we will be receiving  our money VERY SOON.

On 5/16/2020 at 9:53 PM, jh1809 said:

Thanks. Yes, that's very clear. So hopefully I can expect my refund at some point in the next 3 weeks. As you mentioned, a few days ago I completed an online refund request form just in case that was necessary after all.  Hopefully that won't have overwritten the 7th April starting point with the date I submitted the refund request!

After what seemed for ever and having heard nothing I too completed a claim form.   Do you think when they eventually pay us we'll get two payments - would be very happy just to have one!!!!  It's  now well over 60 days and patience is wearing thin!

Today I spoke to P and O.  Was assured our claim is being dealt with as they are doing them in date order. I stressed we are now well over 60 days and was told our claim is with Refunds and we should hear by end of week.   Was also told we will get an e-mail once the payment is on its way, in my case to my credit card.    The lady I spoke to was most apologetic, said there had been problems and hopefully this was now addressed.   The call took less than 5 minutes - lets just hope there is an end in sight!!!  Will let you know once I see it on my credit card.

Refunds for deposit and balance now back on credit cards.

For R003 Aurora, where we had received letter whilst onboard advising we would receive full refund. We did not complete a refund claim form for this cruise.

Refunds were processed 19 May and went through to cards on 21st and 22nd. 

We did not receive any email advising that refund had been processed.

Hope all our fellow cruisers on R003 receive outstanding refunds shortly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

Refunds for deposit and balance now back on credit cards.

For R003 Aurora, where we had received letter whilst onboard advising we would receive full refund. We did not complete a refund claim form for this cruise.

Refunds were processed 19 May and went through to cards on 21st and 22nd. 

We did not receive any email advising that refund had been processed.

Hope all our fellow cruisers on R003 receive outstanding refunds shortly.

Received e-mail this morning saying mine was processed on 20 May so hopefully (fingers crossed) it will be back on card some time soon.  Will be so pleased when this is finally received.

8 hours ago, margtee said:

Received e-mail this morning saying mine was processed on 20 May so hopefully (fingers crossed) it will be back on card some time soon.  Will be so pleased when this is finally received.

Money now back on card, hurray!!  Just go to get it transferred to bank account and that will be an end to this long awaited refund.   Hope everyone else on this cruise has got their refund or had notification its on its way.   Happy holidays to when ever and where ever we can go next.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 6:46 PM, jh1809 said:

No refund yet nor any email saying it's being processed, but going by the two messages above it looks like I shouldn't have to wait much longer.

And I've now been refunded! The transaction is dated last Wednesday, i.e. the 20th, but it wasn't showing up when I checked just before the bank holiday weekend on the 22nd. I haven't had an email notification yet, even though they have my email address and  on the 19th I received their form letter that they sent to everyone apologising for the delay.

• Like 2

Englebert

Very disappointed to hear you are still waiting.  Whilst cruise refund thread suggests that some from March may still be awaiting refund I can't recall recent reference to our R003.

If you haven't contacted P&O yet to chase suggest you should do so and ask if they can escalate so you receive your refund without further delay. Paul Ludlow had said within 60 days and you are now on 78 so any further delay is unacceptable.

There have been suggestions on cc that there had been issues with early cruises, hence you should chase to ensure they are actioning for you promptly.

Good luck.

On 6/2/2020 at 9:42 AM, englebert said:

Greetings All,

Still waiting.......................(am I alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!),

No you are not alone!  We're still awaiting our R003 refund still... I called last week and was told our booking is flagged for refund and is in the queue for action.  (we booked via an agent by CC but P&O confirmed that such bookings will be refunded by cheque - consistent with what other posters have reported re R003).

Will advise when we hear (please do the same) -- if nothing by Fri post will be back on to P&O...

Greetings All,

Credit Card has a nice healthy balance today as I have received

my refund in respect of our Cruise 'to the North Sea' that left

Southampton on 11 March.

Hope those of you who are still waiting for their refunds

get their money back soon.

YES I had made a number of phone calls chasing the refund

and each time I had been informed that they would contact

the Accounts Department to 'chase the payment'

Regards,

Back again - no refund still on cruise R003 (11 March) - we're over 90 days now so called P&O again today - they advised no refund action initiated on our booking.  The young lady called "shore support" while I stayed on the line but subsequently could not give me any indication as to when refund action may take place.

There does not seem to be any systematic process with P&O re how they are actioning refunds... why is it that some folks on R003 have had their refunds already (days or weeks ago) and others not?  What sort of prioritisation is being applied (if any)?  e.g. value of cruise / amount to be refunded, repeat booker or some other criteria?

Now looking into a Section 75 action...

Just received an email today from P and O to say my refund is being put back on my credit card.   Dear oh dear people are still waiting for their refunds and I'm getting mine twice!!.    Think I will tell them, if in fact it does reach my credit card, that they must claim it back within the 7 to 14 days time period that we were meant to get our refunds!!