What are the chances of more Princess ships in the Caribbean this summer?

MaryBethV

On 3/17/2020 at 12:22 PM, stevenr597 said:

I think that the chances are fairly good.  I expect the "crisis" to go on for another 2-4 weeks.  I am hopeful that things should get back to normal by late Spring.  Certainly would consider a Summer Cruise.  I would however, avoid Europe and Asia at this time.

I wouldn't count on it! This thing could go on for several more months, into Summer and even early Fall! We have a South Pacific cruise for November and we aren't sure they will even be going then! We are taking a "wait and see" outlook...This pandemic is not something that just....POOF! Is going to go away one day...It is a serious virus and having the entire world affected and essentially shut down for what could be longer than 2-4 weeks is serious business!  

I would like to be optimistic, but I have studied microbiology and pathogy, and these things can have secondary waves or hang around and affect more later! But it is also possible that bit could start to dwindle and be gone in a couple months...

I am hoping it will be long gone by Summer! The world needs to get back to work and play! And sooner than later would be awesome! 

Praying for a quick end to this pandemic! 🙏🙏💙💙

15 minutes ago, disneycruisinsusan said:

I wouldn't count on it! This thing could go on for several more months, into Summer and even early Fall! We have a South Pacific cruise for November and we aren't sure they will even be going then! We are taking a "wait and see" outlook...This pandemic is not something that just....POOF! Is going to go away one day...It is a serious virus and having the entire world affected and essentially shut down for what could be longer than 2-4 weeks is serious business!  

I would like to be optimistic, but I have studied microbiology and pathogy, and these things can have secondary waves or hang around and affect more later! But it is also possible that bit could start to dwindle and be gone in a couple months...

I am hoping it will be long gone by Summer! The world needs to get back to work and play! And sooner than later would be awesome! 

Praying for a quick end to this pandemic! 🙏🙏💙💙

I am now forced to agree.  We have cancelled our Trans-Atlantic Cruise for this coming November.  Have decided to wait and see if both Europe and Asia can recover from the virus this year. 

On 3/20/2020 at 10:06 AM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Correct. The summer months are their most profitable. Plus. During the summer the coronavirus is supposed to deescillate. Let us all hope it does. Taking into account that Carnival now has more Platinum and Diamond cruisers. They are the ones that are diehard cruisers as we are. However we do not cruise the summer months. Being retired we go for the best price whenever.

"Plus, during the Summer months the Coronavirus is supposed to deescilate."(de-escalate)

Where did this information come from?  Who says it is supposed to de-escalate?  If it is the experts, they are making best case scenario guesses! They are being optimistic!  This virus will run its own course until it's done if we have not found a way to de-escalate it! There are NO drugs or vaccine possibility for 1 year to more likely 18 months.  The testing, self-isolation and quarantine will help with de-escalation and I hope it works! 

So, we HAVE to do the self-isolation and quarantining and testing, testing, and more testing and quarantining those who are positive! With an unknown viral pathogen,  no one knows what this virus will do it and when it will do it! We only have best case scenarios!!! 

I have studied microbiology and Pathology, though I am NOT a doctor! These things can die down and then come back with a secondary wave, or as in this case, have separate strains. This virus has been found to have at least two different strains they know of, and there is no evidence that catching one strain creates immunity from the other! In fact, there is no evidence at all that one who has had the disease of COVID-19 has any immune at all from catching it again!!! They have NO information on immunity of this virus! I pray they discover that soon! 

I don't think we are talking in terms of weeks to a couple months here. I think we are talking of things in the world not getting back to "normal" and, a new normal at that, for at least 6-9 months! I hope I am proven very wrong! But because the entire earth is covered with this virus it is going to be a long time to find a new normal!

I think within each country, societies will begin to operate and function again , but world travelling and the like will take much longer. De-escalation will only occur if we can keep the infection rate down until it is gone! All it would take is for one positive case to infect those who escaped this first round of the illness. All of those who are self-isolating and do NOT catch it now, will be very susceptible to even just one positive carrier in their midst after the de-escalation of the peak of this round of the disease.

THAT is what worries me....a second wave of those who managed to stay well during this initial infection catching it from a positive carrier later in the year.... and things like flying, cruises and large gatherings of people will be the perfect breeding ground for that to happen! And there will be another round of infections if that happens.

I truly hope that scenario is NOT the case! And if we can get through the first round of infection, perhaps therev will be a medicine or vaccine that may be ready after a time for everyone....let's pray for a vaccine! That would be the best outcome, but it is still 1 year to 18 months out... 

• Like 1