Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

Ship captain has just announced that Argentina President has issued an emergency order forbidding any ship docking and disembarking in Argentina for 15 days which is different than what Buenos Aires port authority has told our ship. We may need to spend an extra day at sea before we can disembark in Buenos Aires. I'm sure Princess EZAir is pulling out all stops to get all of us rescheduled with a moving target.

• Like 2

Got a message from friends on board that Peru and Brazil also shutting boarders as well as Argentina. My friend said they are waiting for the Captain to make an announcement at noon. the ship will be stopping at Montevideo for supplies  as planned.

Looks like as per message above, he did make the announcement. Hope if ship can disembark people, there will be flights to U.S. available somehow.

Edited by san diego sue

29 minutes ago, YWW said:

Ship captain has just announced that Argentina President has issued an emergency order forbidding any ship docking and disembarking in Argentina for 15 days which is different than what Buenos Aires port authority has told our ship. We may need to spend an extra day at sea before we can disembark in Buenos Aires. I'm sure Princess EZAir is pulling out all stops to get all of us rescheduled with a moving target.

Misunderstood captain's message. Apparently Argentina President wants an additional 15 days "quarantine" before any ships can dock and disembark. Things are changing every minute. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, YWW said:

Misunderstood captain's message. Apparently Argentina President wants an additional 15 days "quarantine" before any ships can dock and disembark. Things are changing every minute. 

Best wishes to you and thank you for keeping us updated!

This what the news says

BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - Argentina will close its borders for 15 days to non-residents in order to combat the spread of coronavirus, President Alberto Fernandez said on Sunday.

We can only wait for the captain.  He said nothing about Brazil or Peru.

Edited by LunaSeaRetreat
missing information

11 hours ago, caribill said:

This year I would use EZAir for any Princess cruise even if it costs more than booking air yourself.

In a case like this one, Princess will make the needed arrangements at no cost to you including a hotel room if necessary until the day of the flight(s).

James was saying the exact same thing this week. It’s worth it for the peace of mind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, san diego sue said:

Got a message from friends on board that Peru and Brazil also shutting boarders as well as Argentina. My friend said they are waiting for the Captain to make an announcement at noon. the ship will be stopping at Montevideo for supplies  as planned.

Looks like as per message above, he did make the announcement. Hope if ship can disembark people, there will be flights to U.S. available somehow.

Stay on the ship.  You really don't want to experience international travel right now, especially to the USA.   On the ship they have to take care of you, otherwise expect to stand in line for six hours or more just to stand in line to go to quarentine.   Not much to come home for anyway.   It will get sorted out eventually but now is not the time to leap into the void.    

Two things

First MIA is having NO TROUBLE with lines for aircraft. They are taking people off in groups and the wait is shorter than 30 minutes

Second I live in Broward County (Port Everglades) and we have the most cases of the virus in the state. Mostly because of people coming off cruise ships, TSA becoming infected and on and on. I feel for the people on those ships big time but personally I do not want the ships to come to Florida. Yesterday I had friends get off a RCCL ship no one asked any questions, took tempertures nothing. Not happy about that.

They even closed our beaches in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale because of the spring breakers and big groups on the sand

Look at the states with the most cases on the EAST coast all heavy tourist traffic. Not fair to us to have to be potentially exposed because of the people coming here. We want to be safe too.

Again while I feel for the people on the ships I think other ports besides ours should be considered.

Kathy

• Like 2

Our ship captain has just announced that all passengers will be disembarking in Buenos Aires on 19th as originally planned. Princess EZAir will be working out details on rebooking new flight arrangements for passengers who have booked flights with Princess EZAir. Also all passengers must have their temperature checked and recorded at the ship's medical office tomorrow to satisfy the new requirement from the Argentina health authority. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YWW said:

Our ship captain has just announced that all passengers will be disembarking in Buenos Aires on 19th as originally planned. Princess EZAir will be working out details on rebooking new flight arrangements for passengers who have booked flights with Princess EZAir. Also all passengers must have their temperature checked and recorded at the ship's medical office tomorrow to satisfy the new requirement from the Argentina health authority. 

Thanks for the update and safe travels home.

I would hate to end up in a quarantine in Buenos Aires.  😳

On 3/15/2020 at 12:16 PM, railman said:

It seems the best approach is to run the ship to FLL with passengers and without any port stops after loading supplies in Montevideo.  I wonder if Princess is considering that option?

Agree!  It will be much easier for folks to get flights from Florida rather than from Beunos Aires!  
No, I don't think the are considering that option.

Edited by suzyed

On 3/15/2020 at 9:47 PM, Steelers36 said:

Maybe they are, but they should probably disembark South Americans in B.A. and Rio and just return with others.  But then what to do with the Europeans and Aussies on board who also need to get home?  I am sure Princess will figure this out.  They know a thing or two.

Yeah, they're going to try to dump us all off in Buenos Aires on March 19th.

21 hours ago, caribill said:

This year I would use EZAir for any Princess cruise even if it costs more than booking air yourself.

In a case like this one, Princess will make the needed arrangements at no cost to you including a hotel room if necessary until the day of the flight(s).

Except many of us were on for the entire 32 days and ending in FLL.  We didn't need flights until Princess decided to dump us all off in Buenos Aires.

10 hours ago, NorthwestCruiser said:

Stay on the ship.  You really don't want to experience international travel right now, especially to the USA.   On the ship they have to take care of you, otherwise expect to stand in line for six hours or more just to stand in line to go to quarentine.   Not much to come home for anyway.   It will get sorted out eventually but now is not the time to leap into the void.    

How do we stay on the ship?  They want us off.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Except many of us were on for the entire 32 days and ending in FLL.  We didn't need flights until Princess decided to dump us all off in Buenos Aires.

Princess has cancelled the cruise so won't they be booking flights to get you home? I do not believe they will 'dump' you all in BA.

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Isn't Princess going to arrange flights to get you home.

No.  They will make changes for those who booked EZair from Buenos Aires.  The rest of us were supposed to continue on for another 18 days and end in FLL, so naturally most of us did not book EZair.   We live in Florida...we have a car rented to drive home after we got to FLL...now we're not going there!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Princess has cancelled the cruise so won't they be booking flights to get you home? I do not believe they will 'dump' you all in BA.

No, they are not booking flights for us to get home. And yes, they ARE dumping us off in BA.

41 minutes ago, suzyed said:

No.  They will make changes for those who booked EZair from Buenos Aires.  The rest of us were supposed to continue on for another 18 days and end in FLL, so naturally most of us did not book EZair.   We live in Florida...we have a car rented to drive home after we got to FLL...now we're not going there!

Suzyed, have you tried reaching out to the senior manager of your ship? You should be a special case in that they have a duty to get you to your original port of debarkation.  If they don't agree to figure out how to fly you to the port you're supposed to be getting off on you should reach out to your congressperson's staff.

10 hours ago, NorthwestCruiser said:

We WISH that option was available