Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

8 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

If only we knew which news station they were with!  Oh well, that's not the most important thing here right now.  The health of the ship's crew and passengers is what matters most.

None of our local channels are actually showing it right now and that particular helicopter has just left.

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I believe they also took some of the World Cruisers from the Amsterdam.

Yes, they did.  Conflicting reports on numbers but I've heard the number 4 a lot.  

I hope they put those people into immediate isolation!

Edited by chamima

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Such a sad end to what should have been a wonderful, relaxing cruise.  Prayers for all on board and to the families of those who have passed away.

Couldn't have said it better....

I hope these people are able to get off quickly that need to be hospitalized or can go home. 

Miami is currently sitting with 3,364 cases right now with testing being slow. Luckily our hospitals can still help at the moment.  

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Go on the port of Miami webcam. The ship is docked. You will see a closeup of the front side of the ship. Friend on board left her cabin while I was on messenger and I could see her go out. Of course it could have been anyone but I knew which cabin and could see someone go out on balcony. I was speaking with her when she did it.

3 minutes ago, chamima said:

I hope they put those people into immediate isolation!

It would be nice to think those folks were put into isolation for two weeks, but I don't know.  They left Perth with those 4 new passengers around March 23, so plenty of time to watch for symptoms at this point in time.

• Like 2

According to someone who was onboard the Pacific Princess and was one of those who flew home, there are 115 passengers on the Pacific Princess now. And four of those came from the Amsterdam.

I was following her reports on Twitter and then she has been in contact with someone on the ship since she returned home.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Travelnplane said:

Wonder why they chose Miami which is packed with cruise ships where at least the Crew is still on board over a rather empty Port Everglades with the two HAL ships

Most likely because Zaandam/Rotterdam filled 14 hospital beds in the PE area and may need more since they will still have sick/positive people on board. The Miami Officials’ statements mentioned that they had availabile medical care in Miami.

1 hour ago, sndral said:

Most likely because Zaandam/Rotterdam filled 14 hospital beds in the PE area and may need more since they will still have sick/positive people on board. The Miami Officials’ statements mentioned that they had availabile medical care in Miami.

Miami currently does have available medical care.  However, as the cases are climbing here in SE Florida, things can change quickly. Miami has 3, 667 positive cases and Broward has 1,792 and testing is just getting started really. 

The Coral is safely here and will be taken care of. 

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Miami currently does have available medical care.  However, as the cases are climbing here in SE Florida, things can change quickly. Miami has 3, 667 positive cases and Broward has 1,792 and testing is just getting started really. 

From the miami herald:

Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez said two people were taken from the ship to Larkin Community Hospital. Three others are being sent to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa for treatment.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article241768491.html

Here is the official Princess Cruise Line status update regarding the Coral Princess April 4, 2020 6:30AM PT:

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/coral-princess-updates.html

Coral Princess Update

Princess Cruises can confirm that Coral Princess will arrive in Port Miami this morning, April 4. Disembarkation of guests is expected to take several days due to limited flight availability. Guests requiring shoreside medical care will be prioritized to disembark first.

Disembarkation for guests who are fit to fly is anticipated to begin on Sunday, April 5. These guests will transfer direct from the ship to Miami International Airport for flights home.

Those with any respiratory symptoms, or who are still recovering from being ill previously, will remain on board until medically cleared by the ship’s doctors.

There are 1,898 people onboard including 1,020 guests and 878 crew members.

Coral Princess departed March 5 from San Antonio (Santiago) for a South America voyage which was scheduled to end in Buenos Aires on March 19. In response to the global spread of COVID-19, Princess Cruises announced a voluntary 60-day pause of operations on March 12, becoming one of the first companies in the leisure travel industry to take this proactive measure.

We appreciate that the operations underway for Coral Princess would not be possible without the coordination and resources of many federal, state and local government agencies. We thank all those involved for their assistance in managing this very complex and fluid situation.

In the last few minutes disembarkation has commenced. This will be US Florida residents.

Big cheers and applause from us all lining the balconies.

Lets hope tomorrow will be our turn.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, pb_uk said:

In the last few minutes disembarkation has commenced. This will be US Florida residents.

Big cheers and applause from us all lining the balconies.

Lets hope tomorrow will be our turn.

Thank you for the update.  Hope tomorrow goes A OK for you and all others and you get home safely.

Please share the word to follow the rules; wear the mask and isolated at home for 14 days.  25% of positive cases are asymptomatic.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, voljeep said:

straight to the airport with chartered flights, I hope ?

No, don’t believe so.

These are those within driving range, and being taken home by car.

Cannot see beyond the terminal so no idea what happens beyond the wharf!

• Like 1

I was just watching a TV news report where they mentioned that the two passengers who died on the Coral both passed away last night.  What was not said was that those deaths occurred hours after those two could have been in Ft Lauderdale medical centers if the ship had been permitted to dock, on Saturday, at Port Everglades.  Whether those two could have been saved in a land-based hospital is something we do not know, but it certainly is fruit for thought.

Hank

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I was just watching a TV news report where they mentioned that the two passengers who died on the Coral both passed away last night.  What was not said was that those deaths occurred hours after those two could have been in Ft Lauderdale medical centers if the ship had been permitted to dock, on Saturday, at Port Everglades.  Whether those two could have been saved in a land-based hospital is something we do not know, but it certainly is fruit for thought.

Hank

According to the Sun-Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale) and other local news reports, the Coral did not even ask to dock at Fort Lauderdale.  The Sun-Sentinel article (https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-coral-princess-port-everglades-wait-20200403-5pkjldpy4zh73dcg7bnrrrcqei-story.html) notes that

The U.S. Coast Guard won’t allow Princess Cruises’ Coral Princess, which has 12 people aboard who’ve tested positive for the new coronavirus, to dock in Port Everglades for the time being, a port spokeswoman confirmed Friday.

Miami-based Carnival Corp., which owns the ship, had already decided not to head for Broward before the Coast Guard decision, said Port Everglades spokeswoman Ellen Kennedy.

The article also noted that as of Friday, according to the Broward County Mayor, no formal request has been submitted to dock.  Should they, he expects similar conditions to those for the HAL ships to be invoked.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Mayor of Miami:

“We had some people that were dying on that ship,” he said. “We had to them here as soon as possible.”

...at least someone gets it.

Entire artical is here:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article241768491.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

The deaths occured Friday night.  The Coral docked on Saturday AM, too late to save the pax.  As of late Friday night I tracked the Coral to the East side of Eleuthera and sailing at about 16 knots.

Starting to be able to see which cabins are occupied because cabin lights are coming on. 

Strange to sit on my sofa and see you after following your journey. It is a beautiful site to see. 

To those on board, sending warmest wishes your way. Wishing you all a safe journey home and for those who are staying on board a quick recovery. 

9D74F030-CD5C-4D5A-812B-8F3E86A34956.jpeg

• Like 11