Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

@FoghornLeghorn: I'm confused. It's been 23(?) days since anyone got off and then back on the ship. Is this correct?

Yet positive tests were only recently reported?

Is it possible the incubation period for Covid19 is longer than we've been told?

Please clarify...how many days since anyone got off in a port and then back on

AND when were the first positive tests in relation to the above.

TIA:classic_unsure:

9 hours ago, Boatdrill said:

Just curious...when/where did the Coral pick up testing kits ? 

7 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

@FoghornLeghorn: I'm confused. It's been 23(?) days since anyone got off and then back on the ship. Is this correct?

Yet positive tests were only recently reported?

Is it possible the incubation period for Covid19 is longer than we've been told?

I think the correct answer to Boatdrill's question may go a long way toward answering JF - retired RRT's question.

As several have mentioned before, on 3/19, we were all supposed to leave the ship on flights out of Buenos Aires. Many missed flights before ever having the ship released by argentine authorities. We feel blessed to have made it out on a flight that was held 1.5 hours for us (and others) and by an airline that hadn’t canceled flights. Others from the ship were not so fortunate. They went into the airport, found flights canceled, and had to return by bus (another hour) to the ship.  

Additionally, early (3:45am) that day, Argentine authorities came aboard to take everyone’s temp before disembarkation. Not everyone’s was taken, but they were on board for several hours. 

Thus, you have a 14-day period from 3/19 when people starting showing symptoms. Hope that info helps,

Debbie

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I think the correct answer to Boatdrill's question may go a long way toward answering JF - retired RRT's question.

Except that by the time they stopped in Barbados to get COVID test kits they already had cases on board that looked to the medical staff as possible COVID thus the reason they asked for the test kits in the first place.

24 minutes ago, Fear-the-turtle said:

As several have mentioned before, on 3/19, we were all supposed to leave the ship on flights out of Buenos Aires. Many missed flights before ever having the ship released by argentine authorities. We feel blessed to have made it out on a flight that was held 1.5 hours for us (and others) and by an airline that hadn’t canceled flights. Others from the ship were not so fortunate. They went into the airport, found flights canceled, and had to return by bus (another hour) to the ship.  

Additionally, early (3:45am) that day, Argentine authorities came aboard to take everyone’s temp before disembarkation. Not everyone’s was taken, but they were on board for several hours. 

Thus, you have a 14-day period from 3/19 when people starting showing symptoms. Hope that info helps,

Debbie

Thank you. Great explanation and definitely answered my question.

Many places that at least one passenger could have picked up the virus. From there...let the spread begin.

Some concluding words, as we prepare to leave Coral Princess for our flight home to Plymouth, UK. We hope it will be today, as disembarking has been going on all morning. I will post again to confirm our arrival home.

This cruise has been epic, with highs and lows.

Our thoughts are with the families and friends of the two passengers who sadly died on board, and to all the ones with illnesses and now safely in local hospitals.

Our gratitude to Captain Balana and his wonderful crew, most of whom we didn’t meet but served us well. Also to our cabin steward Themis, and our regular servers in Bordeaux, Danni and Dennis. also to Princess who have made sure we are comfortable. The welcome by Regal Princess approaching Florida was much needed and welcome after being rejected at so many ports. An extra mention to Gill, Tim, and Evelyn who orchestrated the UK group in our campaign to gain recognition of our situation.

This September 20th is the 400th anniversary of the start of another epic journey by sea, the departure from my home city of Plymouth of the Pilgrim Fathers. They too landed on the eastern seaboard of North America after an epic journey. What would they have thought of our ship!

Finally thank you to the posters on here, some irrelevant, some way off topic, but many providing useful info from afar when we were sometimes in an information vacuum. Also those wishing us well, which is much appreciated.

The next cruise??.....hmnnn

Paul

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, pb_uk said:

Finally thank you to the posters on here, some irrelevant, some way off topic, but many providing useful info from afar when we were sometimes in an information vacuum. Also those wishing us well, which is much appreciated.

STANDING OVATION - CLAP, CLAP, CLAP 

• Like 6

My friends left the Coral this morning and had a health check, and told me they are now on the chartered flight and will head for San Francisco.They live in No Ca.She said plane hasn't taken off waiting for two more buses. Flight going to SF then on to LAX.Safe journey to all of you that left today and those that will soon. 

Edited by san diego sue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, onboard2005 said:

Debbie, you explained that well. I take it you made it home ok and are still healthy?

Thank you, yes, DH and I are both healthy and self quarantined for 14 days. Thankful so very much as well as thankful for our Australian travel companions getting off the ship today (they’re healthy) for a charter flight to SF, then LA, then Sydney. 

Debbie and Scott 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Thank you. Great explanation and definitely answered my question.

Many places that at least one passenger could have picked up the virus. From there...let the spread begin.

Thank you, JF. 

Debbie

Well, thankfully I got on this board and read that people are disembarking and getting on airplanes. Very happy for them!

However, I'm a little unhappy that for those of us on the starboard side that cannot see the dock area that we had no idea this was going on. We have just been patiently waiting for an announcement from the captain or the passenger service desk and we've not heard anything since last night

It would have been nice to get some kind of announcement to give us some kind of update and hope that we were getting off

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pb_uk said:

This September 20th is the 400th anniversary of the start of another epic journey by sea, the departure from my home city of Plymouth of the Pilgrim Fathers. They too landed on the eastern seaboard of North America after an epic journey. What would they have thought of our ship!

The next cruise??.....hmnnn

Paul

We know well about the journey from your home city of Plymouth, UK to Plymouth, MA, USA.  We lived in Plymouth, MA for 32 years and raised our children there, having retired a few years ago to a small town a few miles inland from Plymouth.  There has been much planning for the 400th anniversary here and due to the virus, some of the festivities will most likely be scaled back.

It certainly has been quite an adventure for you and the rest of the passengers and crew onboard the Coral.  We pray for the souls who were lost and the ill and recovering passengers and wish you all a safe trip home.  Please do let us know when you have arrived back to the UK.

2 minutes ago, FoghornLeghorn said:

Well, thankfully I got on this board and read that people are disembarking and getting on airplanes. Very happy for them!

However, I'm a little unhappy that for those of us on the starboard side that cannot see the dock area that we had no idea this was going on. We have just been patiently waiting for an announcement from the captain or the passenger service desk and we've not heard anything since last night

It would have been nice to get some kind of announcement to give us some kind of update and hope that we were getting off

Hoping you receive notification soon and can disembark shortly.  Safe travels home!

6 minutes ago, FoghornLeghorn said:

Our friends got the notice they were leaving in a letter this morning.And they were called to disembark pretty quickly afterwards.They had gotten flight information yesterday for a scheduled flight this evening. Pretty quick those plans changed for them.They are still waiting on the plane, hasn't taken off yet.As I mentioned before it is a charter flight.

7 minutes ago, FoghornLeghorn said:

Keep the faith!  I have 2 views of the port and there's not much traffic so it is evidently going very slow.  Rest assured if you are healthy you'll make it off. We're all thinking of everyone as you make your way off and on home.

5 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Our friends got the notice they were leaving in a letter this morning.And they were called to disembark pretty quickly afterwards.They had gotten flight information yesterday for a scheduled flight this evening. Pretty quick those plans changed for them.They are still waiting on the plane, hasn't taken off yet.As I mentioned before it is a charter flight.

Thanks Sue! I haven't gotten anything. So I guess that probably means I'm not getting off today or tonight. But I can still hope

FL I can understand your frustration!

So here is a report from portside so far today.

From early, all the baggage was removed from the ship and is all in the terminal on the carousels.

A huge amount of stores has been loaded, food and stuff, even some sheets of window glass!

The empty baggage carts have been loaded back on the ship, now all quiet shoreside.

Disembarkation stopped before lunch. 
Hope this helps.

I am on the Coral Princess.  Thank you everyone for all the Coral Princess related post.

I am so glad to hear fellow passengers have started to leave.  Can not see passengers leaving, we are on Starboard side.  We really need to hear an update from our Captain.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Pammy s said:

I am on the Coral Princess.  Thank you everyone for all the Coral Princess related post.

I am so glad to hear fellow passengers have started to leave.  Can not see passengers leaving, we are on Starboard side.  We really need to hear an update from our Captain.  

We sure do! Nothing since last night about 7 PM. Like I said earlier had I not been reading this thread I would not have known that people are getting off and getting on planes. I've not had any plane reservations, tickets, any contact at all..

nothing

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FoghornLeghorn said:

Thanks Sue! I haven't gotten anything. So I guess that probably means I'm not getting off today or tonight. But I can still hope

On the HAL board when they were disembarking passengers, some on charters went to SF and some went to Atlanta on a charter.

Princess probably is waiting for plane information. Our friends got their letter with instructions this morning and then very quickly were called to go down. 

You will be going home.

We cruised with you and your friends on the Caribbean Princess transatlantic and then on the Queen Mary 2 to NY.