Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

I am on Coral Princess and have heard nothing about getting off the ship yet.

This cruise started out beautifully and now is a nightmare.

The beginning of the cruise everyone on this ship seemed healthy.  I understand the coronavirus can spread quickly.  But, I am just wondering if any of the individuals that are sick have any thing in common.  For example, are the individuals that have become sick with the coronavirus by any chance the group of individuals that got off the ship at Buenos Aires and missed flights and then came back to the ship?  Are the individuals that have developed coronavirus have anything in common?  Besides just being on the Coral Princess.  Did the individuals do any specific group tours together? Did they participate in any of the same activities on the ship?

If the individuals that have gotten sick, have anything in common, I think we should know.  Others of us might find out that we may be a carrier of the coronavirus and not know it and take it home to our families when we finally get home.
Hi pammy

Where are you from? My hope is you will all be home safe soon.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, millybess said:

I agree with you Pammy and would ask if you have had any health checks while on board, e.g., temperature checks?

I only had my temperature check once while on the ship.  The day they called each floor to the medical center for a temperature check.  The morning that they woke everyone up around 3:30am, they said Argentina was coming to the staterooms to check everyone's temperature.  But, the Argentina officials never made it to my statement.

1 minute ago, greaserman said:

Hi pammy

Where are you from? My hope is you will all be home safe soon.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I live in New Jersey and Florida.  Split my time between 2 different homes.

Hope everyone is home safe soon.

26 minutes ago, Pammy s said:

I am on Coral Princess and have heard nothing about getting off the ship yet.

This cruise started out beautifully and now is a nightmare.

The beginning of the cruise everyone on this ship seemed healthy.  I understand the coronavirus can spread quickly.  But, I am just wondering if any of the individuals that are sick have any thing in common.  For example, are the individuals that have become sick with the coronavirus by any chance the group of individuals that got off the ship at Buenos Aires and missed flights and then came back to the ship?  Are the individuals that have developed coronavirus have anything in common?  Besides just being on the Coral Princess.  Did the individuals do any specific group tours together? Did they participate in any of the same activities on the ship?

If the individuals that have gotten sick, have anything in common, I think we should know.  Others of us might find out that we may be a carrier of the coronavirus and not know it and take it home to our families when we finally get home.

I agree it would be nice if they would share more information with you. Thank you for being considerate of others in your concern that you could unknowingly spread something to others on your way home or at home. I hope this nightmare is over for you very soon.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, OfcSupport said:

I agree it would be nice if they would share more information with you. Thank you for being considerate of others in your concern that you could unknowingly spread something to others on your way home or at home. I hope this nightmare is over for you very soon.

Pammy s

I agree that it would be “good to know”, but it makes no difference to how you will act from this minute forward.  Assume the virus is everywhere.  Fastidiously follow the instructions for self care and isolation and you will protect yourself, your family and community to the best of your ability.  Safe trip home and safe journey through the time ahead. 

Edited by Taseko
Message to Pammy
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Pammy s said:

I only had my temperature check once while on the ship.  The day they called each floor to the medical center for a temperature check.  The morning that they woke everyone up around 3:30am, they said Argentina was coming to the staterooms to check everyone's temperature.  But, the Argentina officials never made it to my statement.

Ours either.

We just now watched a television news report of the death of Mr. Ma from this ship.  This illness and death has touched me so terribly.  I am so very sorry, and also angry.  This whole story has been so appalling and tragic.  I send my love to the family.

9 hours ago, suzyed said:

Thank you Reba...you know I agree with you!

They got off on March 18th and then came back on after missed/cancelled flights. The Captain told us the Argentina was closing their borders and we had to vacate by midnight.
The first time we heard that there was Covid-19 was March 31st. around 3:30 pm. when we were sent to our cabins to remain until we left the ship.
The Captain notified us of the 2 deaths onboard on April 3rd.

Thanks. Very helpful.

9 hours ago, Pammy s said:

I only had my temperature check once while on the ship.  The day they called each floor to the medical center for a temperature check.  The morning that they woke everyone up around 3:30 am, they said Argentina was coming to the staterooms to check everyone's temperature.  But, the Argentina officials never made it to my stateroom.

Amazing!! It's like the Argentine officials woke up that morning and said, "let's go check a few temperatures". Not all, just some.

• Like 1

Happy to say we got our charter flight information.  We will be leaving today.

Wish every fellow Coral Princess passengers good luck on a safe homeward trip.  Praying for everyone to return home safely and healthy.

And for those that are sick praying for their speedy recovery.  And for fellow passengers/crew we have lost, I'm deeply sadden by the losses of fellow passengers/crew.  I express my sincere sympathy to everyones family.   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Pammy s said:

Wish every fellow Coral Princess passengers good luck on a safe homeward trip.  Praying for everyone to return home safely and healthy.

And for those that are sick praying for their speedy recovery.  And for fellow passengers/crew we have lost, I'm deeply sadden by the losses of fellow passengers/crew.  I express my sincere sympathy to everyones family.   

Just as a curiosity, are they also making arrangements for ground transportation from the airport to your home?

6 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Just as a curiosity, are they also making arrangements for ground transportation from the airport to your home?

Yes, they are making arrangements for ground transportation from the airport to my home.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Pammy s said:

Our sentiments exactly!
Be safe!

53 minutes ago, Pammy s said:

We still haven't heard anything.  I'm very happy for you.  Safe travels.

Cynthia

18 hours ago, greaserman said:

So is anything acrually happening? Are people leaving the boat ? Mynparents are on that boat. 3 hour flight to get home in toronto.

They have free phone calls...surprised they haven't called.  They need to dial #77 to get an outside line.  It will say they are going to charge for the call but they don't.
Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

A short update to advise we arrived home in Plymouth UK earlier this afternoon after a relatively uneventful journey (by comparison with the last three weeks!).

When I’ve time i will read the 50+ posts since we left the ship yesterday, but for the moment we are enjoying some warm sunshine in our garden. 

First impressions are of the huge space we have and the peace and quiet! 

• Like 21

Just now, pb_uk said:

A short update to advise we arrived home in Plymouth UK earlier this afternoon after a relatively uneventful journey (by comparison with the last three weeks!).

When I’ve time i will read the 50+ posts since we left the ship yesterday, but for the moment we are enjoying some warm sunshine in our garden. 

Glad you made it safely home.  

So now only US citizens are being held hostage.  (I haven't heard if the South Americans are off) I remember how relieved we were when we heard we were heading to Florida.  I thought we could always rent a car and drive home if no planes were flying.  Now we can't get off the ship!  Everyday they take more people away in ambulances.  I wonder if some just have stress related problems.

Glad to hear some of you are back at home or on the way. Enjoy!

Edited by LunaSeaRetreat

Very happy to hear some of your home! So glad for you.

They sent out tickets this morning and let some people off around noon. Nothing since. No manifest approved for this afternoon. I guess it could still happen but I'm not holding out any hope

There are 290 of us still left.

1 hour ago, pb_uk said:

Very happy to hear you have made it home.  Hoping everyone else will soon be on their way as well.  Stay safe and healthy!

9 minutes ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

So now only US citizens are being held hostage.  (I haven't heard if the South Americans are off) I remember how relieved we were when we heard we were heading to Florida.  I thought we could always rent a car and drive home if no planes were flying.  Now we can't get off the ship!  Everyday they take more people away in ambulances.  I wonder if some just have stress related problems.

Glad to hear some of you are back at home or on the way. Enjoy!

Has the Captain or Princess given you any updates?