Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

22 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Well I just looked outside and the Coral Princess is gone.  I didn't even notice it leaving!  Guess they got everyone off.  Not sure if they are one of the ships currently anchored right off 

What I have learned from someone onboard...

All crew, and the remaining passengers on board will be quarantined for 14 days.

On other ships, crew was moved to passenger cabins, single occupancy.

I assume this is what they will do on coral.

Crew from other ships will be brought onboard to prepare and deliver meals to

the quarantined crew, and other hotel duties.

They asked for volunteers from Caribbean.

I don't know why anyone would volunteer.   You are on a virus free ship with no duties...

Why take a potential deadly risk?

Edited by Roberto256

4 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

I don't know why anyone would volunteer.   You are on a virus free ship with no duties...

Why take a potential deadly risk?

I can think of a few:

1) Extra pay

2) Caring about fellow human beings

3) By now some people have had mild or asymptomatic infection and may be immune

• Like 1

11 hours ago, portiemom said:

I can think of a few:

1) Extra pay

2) Caring about fellow human beings

3) By now some people have had mild or asymptomatic infection and may be immune

So far 'extra pay' has not been offerered.

I think it's more likely that some people will be commanded to volunteer.

Under most of the contracts on board, Princess can trans-ship a crew member, as needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Great clip! Thanks for posting the link.

Has anyone received a check for a balance on their stateroom account yet? Any future cruise credit or airfare reimbursement? None of the above for us yet, although I know it's only been slightly over a month. Someone posted the stateroom credit would come in an envelope not marked Princess. I don't think I would have thrown that away....we get so little snail mail as it is. Hope everyone is well,

Debbie

You probably would get a better response if you posted this as a response to many of the posts dealing with refunds, FCC and or credit cards

2 hours ago, LostFan#1 said:

Has anyone received a check for a balance on their stateroom account yet? Any future cruise credit or airfare reimbursement? None of the above for us yet, although I know it's only been slightly over a month. Someone posted the stateroom credit would come in an envelope not marked Princess. I don't think I would have thrown that away....we get so little snail mail as it is. Hope everyone is well,

Debbie

Edited by WmFCoyote

On 4/25/2020 at 11:11 AM, LostFan#1 said:

Great clip! Thanks for posting the link.

Debbie

Since we have a credit balance of about $1,500 as of March 19, the day we disembarked due to canceled excursions and the credit has not shown up in our registered credit card, we called Princess today. They said all refunds including future cruise credits are taking 60+ days to process so the earliest we'll see the refund is mid May. Princess rep said the refunds are being processed in batches. In the past, credit balance was refunded to our credit card almost immediately after we disembarked but then this is not normal times. Give them a few weeks. If you don't see a refund in your registered credit card by mid or late May, give them a call to follow up.

On 4/7/2020 at 4:10 PM, azbirdmom said:

Just curious...  I haven't seen any posts from @YWW, the originator of this thread for a couple of weeks.  If you're still following, please drop by and let us all know how you are doing.  Hopefully you are home and well!

Many thanks for asking. We disembarked Coral on March 19th (before Argentina President changed his mind) and flew to JFK (we were originally scheduled to fly to LAX then SFO on AA but AA canceled all international flights out of South America) and arrived safe and sound but very tired. JFK was a mess and despite NYC being an epicenter of coronavirus, there was not one health check station anywhere. The Customs agents were all over the place especially right by the exit and none were wearing masks nor any PPE. They were searching almost everyone top to bottom. JFK should've devoted many of these personnel to monitor incoming passengers' health instead. Anyhow, we self quarantined at home for 2 weeks before venturing out to get grocery and naturally we couldn't find any toilet paper!  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YWW said:

Many thanks for asking. We disembarked Coral on March 19th (before Argentina President changed his mind) and flew to JFK (we were originally scheduled to fly to LAX then SFO on AA but AA canceled all international flights out of South America) and arrived safe and sound but very tired. JFK was a mess and despite NYC being an epicenter of coronavirus, there was not one health check station anywhere. The Customs agents were all over the place especially right by the exit and none were wearing masks nor any PPE. They were searching almost everyone top to bottom. JFK should've devoted many of these personnel to monitor incoming passengers' health instead. Anyhow, we self quarantined at home for 2 weeks before venturing out to get grocery and naturally we couldn't find any toilet paper!  

Great to hear you made it home safely.  You're now in the same "boat" as the rest of us re: toilet paper!  🙂 

1 hour ago, YWW said:

Since we have a credit balance of about $1,500 as of March 19, the day we disembarked due to canceled excursions and the credit has not shown up in our registered credit card, we called Princess today. They said all refunds including future cruise credits are taking 60+ days to process so the earliest we'll see the refund is mid May. Princess rep said the refunds are being processed in batches. In the past, credit balance was refunded to our credit card almost immediately after we disembarked but then this is not normal times. Give them a few weeks. If you don't see a refund in your registered credit card by mid or late May, give them a call to follow up.

Thank you for all that information,

Debbie

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2020 at 7:56 PM, LostFan#1 said:

Thank you for all that information,

Debbie

Debbie, our ship board credit balance from March 19 disembarkation from Coral finally arrived this morning (June 15) by mail in the form of two checks ... one in my name and one in my spouse's name. Took 3 months to get our money back. We are still waiting on a full refund from Princess on a cancelled cruise for departure in late March which we hope will arrive soon. Hope you have received your Coral Princess ship board credit balance back.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, YWW said:

Hope you have received your Coral Princess ship board credit balance back.

Thank you - yes, we did receive a single check reimbursing us for our folio credit as well as our airfare home from Buenos Aires. Thank you for checking. We still do not have a FCC for the second 18-day cruise nor the refund.

Debbie