Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

3 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:

Crew posting Pacific Explorer heading to the Philippines along with Sun and Sea Princesses.

Yep, Zoltina-J posted on Facebook that the Pacific Explorer heading to the Philippines.

I have not yet heard anything about the Sun and Sea Princesses, the last report I got from marine traffic for Sun Princesses was she was heading to the PNG area.

5 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Yep, Zoltina-J posted on Facebook that the Pacific Explorer heading to the Philippines.

Taking crew home hopefully.

With their numbers in the Phillipines, wouldn’t like to leave our ships there - just saying ......

Edited by Porky55

It does look like Pac.Explorer, Sun & Sea Princesses are all heading north in Coral sea towards Jomard Entrance PNG & on towards Philippines.  Jomard is an unreliable light that traffic from Australia to Hong Kong / Philippines use east of PNG, thus avoiding LBR pilotage costs.

Carnival Splendor & Spirit off Fraser Island.

QE still in Brisbane @ container berth & Pac. Dawn entering Brisbane.

Pacific Aria bunkering at Station Pier Melbourne.

Edited by SeaDog-46

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Begs the question...do these ships have clearance to dock and disembark crew in Indonesia and the Phillipines ?

Vesselfinder.com has the Princess ships as they move north: Waiting for Orders. Maybe they're hoping they can get permission before arriving.

Brian

This was posted by Zoltina J

After the order by the NSW Police all cruise ships to leave Australian waters and return to their home ports, P&O Australia has decided its cruise ships will set sail to the Philippines and Indonesia to bring their crew members back home. The company primary focus right now is the common safety of all the crew and to get as many of the crew home as soon as possible.

P&O Australia received an order and can’t touch Australian ports any more as the Australian government has now required that all Non-Australian registered cruise ships to leave Australian waters promptly.

The cruise ship Pacific Explorer has already left Australian waters and is off to the Philippines. The ship will slow down the speed and wait for their sister ships Sun Princess and Sea Princess to arrive at the rendezvous point and set sail together. Soon to join Explorer are Pacific Aria and Pacific Dawn which will also sail to Asia.

P&O Australia is working with the governments of Indonesia and the Philippines to seek approval for the return of their citizens. The company is also working on charter flights for the non-essential crew from other nations.

Don’t know about anyone else, but I feel a little sad at the treatment of what are traditionally ‘our’ ships by our Governments - State and Federal. 🧐
Very shabby!!

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Don’t know about anyone else, but I feel a little sad at the treatment of what are traditionally ‘our’ ships by our Governments - State and Federal. 🧐
Very shabby!!

I fully agree. It will be interesting to see where the ships do eventually end up,  and when they do return to our shores.

It will also be interesting to see what cruising in the future will be, (will Sydney be a cruise hub for P&O or will they move their operations to Brisbane).

14 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

I have not yet heard anything about the Sun and Sea Princesses, the last report I got from marine traffic for Sun Princesses was she was heading to the PNG area.

Zoltina the Aussie CD on Pacific Explorer is revered and highly regarded by the P&O 'ites.  On the Ch7 show - Ruby on Sunday night, I am sure she said she could have disembarked in Sydney but stayed on board to support her crew mates.  That is loyalty, but full credit to the lady.

Edited by NSWP

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Zoltina the CD on Pacific Explorer is revered and highly regarded by the P&O 'ites.  On the Ch7 show - Ruby on Sunday night, I am sure she said she could have disembarked in Sydney but stayed on board to support her crew mates.  That is loyalty, but full credit to the lady.

She is a card for sure, lovely personable lady, has a young one as well, so she is committed. out and out Swans supporter to boot.

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

She is a card for sure, lovely personable lady, has a young one as well, so she is committed. out and out Swans supporter to boot.

She just lost a point from me then,  Aerial Ping Pong supporter.😁  But yes, she really is a legend on P&O Straya according to her fans, she has her own fan club on FaceAche I do believe.

God bless you Zoltina if you are on CC and your crew mates as well.

Edited by NSWP

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

No Mic, she doesnt have kids.She has 2 nieces & 2 nephews, that she adores

Tanya

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bvm49 said:

Vesselfinder.com has the Princess ships as they move north: Waiting for Orders. Maybe they're hoping they can get permission before arriving.

Brian

When all nine ships were off NSW, Marine Traffic indicated they 'Were not under Command and 'Awaiting Orders.'

No doubt the ships off Qld Coast want permission to come in, maybe unload some sick crew and bunker & resupply.  Time will tell.

43 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I saw her with a baby on FB, thought it was hers

No, it is her niece from Sydney. her sisters husband is a close family friend

we have been on several cruises with Zoltina and she loves her job and cruise family

hope she also gets to come home to be with her family

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Very shabby!!

Unfortunately, they were never "our" ships.

I saw Queen Elizabeth sailing past Caloundra yesterday afternoon heading north and on Monday it was one of the Carnival ships.  The shipping channel brings the ships very close to shore here but normally cruise ships enter the channel either in the early hours of the morning when heading to Brisbane or around 8pm when leaving so I don't often see them.  It's quite a surprise to look up and see a large cruise ship sailing by in broad daylight.

Very strange knowing there is only crew on board instead a lot of excited passengers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Unfortunately, they were never "our" ships.

The P&O Australia ships carry the “Australia” name and have been ported here for near on 70? years now. So just like BMA (who is not Australian owned or ‘flagged’ either anymore - nor do they pay Company Taxes) I think these ships can be called ours at least?

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 2

If they were OUR ships registered in Australia - most people could not afford to cruise.

Our pollies of both sides have reduced the Australian Merchant fleet from small to just a handful of vessels.

We have NO petroleum tankers at all & rely on the floating pipeline from Singapore.  Any disruption will result in instant rationing of fuel.

Edited by SeaDog-46