Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

7 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

They are likely to be empty

QM2 has a very small number of passengers on board, but only those that have health concerns with flying.

Costa Deliziosa on the other hand was (to my surprise) most certainly NOT empty when leaving Freo. Not only the people on the upper and promenade decks, but also the many people on stateroom balconies:

20200316_163541.jpg

Edited by ivanp91
  • Like 1

D0F49A8C-1545-4067-B698-D6C42029834E.thumb.jpeg.fba1ffb49cf76b065bf4e7a9f5a3c66c.jpeg

Carnival Spirit

ADC88DB3-C911-482C-81F3-D38A0FE08795.thumb.jpeg.bd9f3f7aea000bfafbfe2e9eb6ce02fe.jpeg

Carnival Splendor

A7FA7B29-8196-43E9-9437-7B6B9041D743.thumb.jpeg.97a8aa906d6183a81ddd10e285329f73.jpeg

Radiance of the Seas

Just thought I would let you know that this is the view from Thirroul Beach NSW this afternoon.  A very unusual sight.  Not often that we see a cruise ship so close, let alone three of them.  They are classed as being at Port Kembla anchorage.  Thirroul is a northern suburb of Wollongong.  We’ll keep an eye out for more cruise ships and will keep you posted.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Interesting, they may do this for weeks/ months with the occasional visit for more fuel and other supplies..

Or the fuel and supplies will be brought to them. This could be more cost-effective than sailing to a port, then paying port fees.

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Or the fuel and supplies will be brought to them. This could be more cost-effective than sailing to a port, then paying port fees.

While that is possible it depends on the lighters they use and the weather, more likely to come into the harbour for Athol bay or similar where it isn't so swell affected.

40 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

While that is possible it depends on the lighters they use and the weather, more likely to come into the harbour for Athol bay or similar where it isn't so swell affected.

This is one of the more serious reasons I suggested Port Phillip Bay.

it is much more sheltered than the open ocean anchorages, and there is extensive infrastructure for servicing anchored ships.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Boristhecat said:

D0F49A8C-1545-4067-B698-D6C42029834E.thumb.jpeg.fba1ffb49cf76b065bf4e7a9f5a3c66c.jpeg

Carnival Spirit

ADC88DB3-C911-482C-81F3-D38A0FE08795.thumb.jpeg.bd9f3f7aea000bfafbfe2e9eb6ce02fe.jpeg

Carnival Splendor

A7FA7B29-8196-43E9-9437-7B6B9041D743.thumb.jpeg.97a8aa906d6183a81ddd10e285329f73.jpeg

Radiance of the Seas

Just thought I would let you know that this is the view from Thirroul Beach NSW this afternoon.  A very unusual sight.  Not often that we see a cruise ship so close, let alone three of them.  They are classed as being at Port Kembla anchorage.  Thirroul is a northern suburb of Wollongong.  We’ll keep an eye out for more cruise ships and will keep you posted.

Voyager of the Seas should be there by now, with Ovation of the seas heading there very slowly. Should be a great sight from the Golden View lookout!

F677ACD7-BFFE-4FC7-AB9A-B211ACBC3231.thumb.jpeg.fb8b7785cf3917d619563a8d7b9830c5.jpeg

Hi, just went for a walk and the Voyager of the Seas is now here.  It is the ship to the left of the picture, Radiance of the Seas is on the right.  The two Carnival ships are also anchored to the North.

Beautiful day at Thirroul and as you can see, there are a few people taking advantage of the good weather.  

Docker123, thanks for reiterating that the ships are at anchor in Port Kembla anchorage.

We will keep you posted on more ship sightings.

• Like 1

I just came across this article relating to an offer by Carnival Corp for their cruise ships of all lines to be used as temporary hospitals: https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/03/19/coronavirus-trump-says-carnival-offered-cruise-ships-use-crisis/2876304001/

As the article states they wouldn't be used for coronavirus cases but for people recovering from surgery or other illnesses. What a great idea. I hope they can come to a deal with our government for some of the ships down here to be used in a similar manner, especially in ports where the cruise terminal is in a handy location to hospitals. 

• Like 3

Cruise Ship Update: - 20th March 2020.

Now with some of the cruise ships starting to settle down in there anchor spots...., its time for an update... 🙂

Pacific Aria:

Is now docked in Adelaide and looks like she will be there for the next 30 days.

pr16032020-2.jpg

pr-4.jpg

Pacific Dawn:

Is now anchored off Mooloolaba:

Capturepd20032020.jpg

pd20032020.jpg

Will she stay there for the full 30 days?

Pacific Explorer:

Does not know what its doing.... 😞 , at the moment, she is off Wollongong, in a holding pattern ....

Capturepx20032020.jpg

Queen Elizabeth:

Anchored off Gladstone:

Captureqe2003202002.jpg

Looks like she might be there till Cunard decides what to do after the 11th April 2020?

Artania:

Is on her way to Fremantle...

Captureartania20032020.jpg

She upset the locals at white bay 😞 (see my next post below to see the e-mail I got from the Port of Sydney).

MSC Magnifica:

Capturemscmagnifica20032020.jpg

Viking Orion:

Is anchored in Port Phillip Bay, Melbourne:

Capturevikingorion.jpg

Golden Princess:

Is currently docked in Melbourne:

golden-bridge20032020.jpg

I am not too sure how long she will be docked at Station Pier. I would think she may join Viking Orion in Port Phillip Bay soon??

Seabourn Encore:

Captureseabournencore20032020.jpg

In Fremantle:

Capturefreemautle20032020.jpg

Left to right: The World, Crystal Serenity, and Seabourn Sojourn

From Crystal Serenity webcam:

cybridge20032020.jpg

cyport20032020.jpg

cystarboard20032020.jpg

Pacific Princess and Amsterdam are also on their way to Fremantle... but I cannot find them on Marine Traffic at the moment....

In this update I have not mention:

Sun Princess, Sea Princess, Ruby Princess and Golden Princess, Radiance of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas, Spectrum of the Seas, Celebrity Solstice, Carnival Spirit and Carnival Splendor as they keep moving around today..... I will include them in my next update 🙂

I also did not mention the cruise ships in Auckland / New Zealand, in this post.

Rough updates as of 22 mar 2020 2:20pm AEST

Pacific Dawn - Brisbane

Pacific Aria - Outer harbour (ADL)

Pacific Explorer - White bay

Radiance of the seas - off Taree

Voyager of the seas - off Sydney

Ovation of the seas - off Sydney

Spectrum of the seas - Athol (Syd Harbour) anchorage

Celebrity Solstice - off Gosford

Carnival Spirit - off Sydney

Carnival Splendor - entering Sydney

Pacific Princess - Fremantle

Ruby Princess - off Botany

Sun Princess - White bay

Sea Princess - off Gosford

Pacific Adventure / Golden Princess - Melbourne

Viking Orion - Port Phillip bay

Silver Muse - Auckland

Silver Whisper - off Portland Vic

Silver Spirit - Off Kimberly coast

Seabourn Sojourne - South Margret River

Seabourne Encore - Fremantle

Ms Amsterdam - Fremantle

MS the World - off Fremantle

Crystal Serenity - North of Geraldton

Caladonian Sky - Darwin

CMV Vasco Da gama - Heading towards Karathra????

MS Breman - Auckland

Le Laparouse - Auckland

MS Nordam - off Auckland

Azamara Journey - near Great barrier Island NZ

Queen Elizabeth - Gladstone

Wind spirit - Bundaberg

Seven seas Mariner - off Mount Gambier

Artania - Great Aus bite

MSC Magnifica - off Esperance

Not many in NZ atm,

cya

Edited by bl262000