Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

1 minute ago, lissie said:

How ironic - we've only done one cruise - and the reason for it was my partner's underlying health issues (cardiac) .  We normally travel independently, but he really liked the cruise lifestyle.   I'd much rather be carrying my own  bag around the world - so maybe we will just go for a full refund on the next one - not a future cruise credit. 

Its nuts if peopole were denied  for diabetes. Its a long-term disease - its not something that is going to kill you  even on the longest of cruises 

It is the complication of diabetes if a person has Covid 19. 

Leigh

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Researchers are well advanced on a vaccine and hope to have it on the market at the end of this year.

They have no hope of getting it to market this year. Even mid - 2021 is optimistic. 

New drug trials usually take 2-3 years to complete. Even 18 months is a massive rush job. 

The trouble with diabetes is that it diagnosed with blood sugars over a certain figure. My partner had that twice - got the  diagnosis. It was probably related to his other conditions because its dropped down since and has not reappeared. But apparently once you've had diabetes you can't unget it - mad - particularly as some people reverse it with diet alone 

3 minutes ago, Vader1111 said:

They have no hope of getting it to market this year. Even mid - 2021 is optimistic. 

New drug trials usually take 2-3 years to complete. Even 18 months is a massive rush job. 

12-18 months they are saying https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/coronavirus-vaccine-test-opens-as-u-s-volunteer-gets-1st-shot

15 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

You heard it here first - I predict Australia will have cruises going this week.

With a 30 day ban on cruise ships (not counting those ships returning from cruises that started before the ban)?

26 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Does Australia have the under 500 persons rule

Yes  it does  - is that why you asked? The comment about domestic cruises?
Interesting that Spirit of Tasmania can still run, with this rule?

Edited by Porky55

23 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Hey I just found a old mate of ours.

@in rod we trust.

Heees baaack

we need some entertainment 

just for you I hope these companies go bankrupt  so we don't have any more cruise ships in aus I doubt it tho but hey stranger wishers  have come true. this virus here in aus will last for at least 3 months min so these ships wont be here for a while all though I was in Sydney last night and against gov rules a ship left and another one dock at the opt  think it was  infestation of the seas  docking , sorry spectrum of the seas , here we are trying to contain the deadly virus gov said no more cruise ships and yet royal Caribbean  just doesn't care about the people of Sydney.. watch how Sydney siders turn on these cruise ships 

spewing over the 500 rule in one way tho we had almost 20,000 people ready to go to the protest planned this weekend no probs tho we are not going away with botany bay just ramping up.. there ya go  chiliburn this post was just for you .

Edited by in rod we trust
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Does Australia have the under 500 persons rule ?

That probably applies, but if it does logically it should also apply to hotels and trains.

Also cruise ships with more than 500 crew will be required to disembark many of them.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

4 hours ago, Vader1111 said:

Drug trials have already started on human volunteers.