Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

40 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Just been talking to our TA,  after she was talking to princess rep... next australian cruises from Princess  2021-22 season..

So long the thanks for all the fish.. Don

No surprise there.

7 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

A very interesting article..we also had a similar news article today.  However, my daughter in law, who works for a research lab in the US doing supportive research for a major pharmaceutical company involved in a covid 19 vaccine, has informed me..no one in the family will get a vaccine until there is at least a  6 month time frame once it is available to the public..to quote her..it takes that long for a third eye to pop out.  She is very concerned about the quickness that this vaccine is being pushed without proper clinical trials.  Average clinical trials are 3 to 5 years...scary!!  What's worse the disease or the cure?

That’s a good question isn’t it?
What sort of life are we all going to have without a vaccine? 

• Like 2

https://www.cruisediary.de/mit-der-a-rosa-alva-auf-dem-douro/ Reading the river cruise forum this was being discussed.

Beautiful pictures of the douro area and cruise experience.

Think this was the 3rd cruise only 31 people but its a start. Lots of details.

Unfortunately we cannot leave to get to the cruise just yet.

Thought it might be of interest. 

5 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Even with 30 cruises under my belt..I'm not sure if I can book a cruise without having a vaccine..getting covid on the Ruby has been an eye opener. We are scheduled to go to Aruba for a month in October and that also is "up in the air".  Quite a different world we are living in now. And of course, my current government is not taking a very positive lead in controlling this disease.  It is extremely frustrating. We've donated plasma to help but there are so many who have "had it" and think this is a hoax.  I read that only 45% of Americans would even get the vaccine..so spreading it will still be a big risk. I will get the vaccine, but not first on line!!

16 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Pretty much the same, or worse, that we have now. Without a vaccine we will have constant flare ups, even with quarantines, particularly once we open the borders which is something that is inevitable if we are going to even have a resemblance of a normal life. Get used to the new normal.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Indeed 🤭

Is it time yet to start asking a few questions we don’t really want to ask ?

Will we ever see a return to cruising and travel ?

Will Brisbane ever see a cruise ship at its new terminal?

• Like 1

Some interesting info here:

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/health-authorities-set-new-date-for-when-cruising-can-return/

Quote:

"As we reported last week, a flurry of new health committees and potential protocols from the major lines have sprung up.  But none, so far as we can tell, have gone to the CDC for consideration – even though the organisation revealed it had spent an estimated 38,000 person-hours on its response to cruise and COVID-19.

According to the CDC, there have been a total of 2,973 cases of coronavirus or similar sickness, and 34 deaths involving cruise ships.  There is, the organisation pointed out, much work to be done".

12 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

It is extremely frustrating. We've donated plasma to help but there are so many who have "had it" and think this is a hoax.  I read that only 45% of Americans would even get the vaccine..so spreading it will still be a big risk. I will get the vaccine, but not first on line!!

BRANDEE understand completely, will get the vaccine too because I want to see things begin to change. If there are problems will just deal with them I guess.

But the people who don’t want the vaccine are a worry - but then only about 60% of our population get flu shots each year, so we shouldn’t be surprised. 

To inject a bit of humour into this rather morbid subject, what the heck am I going to do with my stock of Bingo Daubers if there is no more cruising?  Put them on E Bay?  Like doing a bit of Bingo on the ships.

71ZfLKbf5dL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Edited by NSWP

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

To inject a bit of humour into this rather morbid subject, what the heck am I going to do with my stock of Bingo Daubers if there is no more cruising?  Put them on E Bay?  Like doing a bit of Bingo on the ships.

Uncle Les, I suggest you need some help, A "bit of Bingo" does not require a dozen daubers. Do you pay extra for your bingo luggage?😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You can make some beautiful artwork and frame them as presents for holiday gifts. Perhaps you will be discovered as a dotest artist and become famous and rich...It's a weird world..you never know!!  🙂 

Edited by BRANDEE
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Uncle Les, I suggest you need some help, A "bit of Bingo" does not require a dozen daubers. Do you pay extra for your bingo luggage?😁

I went panic buying mate.🤩 You know like TP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Start producing some Aboriginal artwork?😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, By The Bay said:

60%? I am surprised that is that high. I can imagine the anti-vaccers will be out it force when a vaccine is released.

Just a figure I was given by a local chemist as their average so I guess it could be an average community number? They think it’s far too low 🤔
How Covid is going to effect this number (this year its higher of course) only time will tell.

Are we as affected by anti-vaxxers in Australia as they are overseas?

33 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Just a figure I was given by a local chemist as their average so I guess it could be an average community number? They think it’s far too low 🤔
How Covid is going to effect this number (this year its higher of course) only time will tell.

Are we as affected by anti-vaxxers in Australia as they are overseas?

The govt made available 16.5 million doses for 2020.

So, 60% of the population if all used about right.

https://www.health.gov.au/ministers/the-hon-greg-hunt-mp/media/record-165-million-flu-vaccines-to-protect-australians

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

The govt made available 16.5 million doses for 2020.

So, 60% of the population if all used about right.

Read somewhere that 60% of people getting the Covid vaccine will be enough to slow or stop the pandemic 🤔  

I suppose this would also depend on focusing the vaccine on the “in need” people - first in line health workers, elderly, health compromised etc.
Time will tell when the vaccine finally becomes available 😆🇦🇺

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 2:53 PM, NSWP said:

I went panic buying mate.🤩 You know like TP.

You taking care down your way Les - things are getting a little hot Covid wise in Batemans Bay today. someone at the Soldiers Club last Monday night (source NSW Health)

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates#latest-covid-19-case-locations-in-nsw

Edited by Porky55

15 hours ago, Porky55 said:

You taking care down your way Les - things are getting a little hot Covid wise in Batemans Bay today. someone at the Soldiers Club last Monday night (source NSW Health)

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates#latest-covid-19-case-locations-in-nsw

Not been to the Soldiers Club since Feb.  Yes, 8 now proved positive, staff and patrons, more anticipated as several hundred at the club daily during the 4 day virus window, Mon-Thursday last week. Potentially a couple of thousand people, but where did they go after the club? 

I have plenty of TP and many bottles of 🍷 And ample food.  Thank you for your concerns.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Not been to the Soldiers Club since Feb.  Yes, 8 now proved positive, staff and patrons, more anticipated as several hundred at the club daily during the 4 day virus window, Mon-Thursday last week. Potentially a couple of thousand people, but where did they go after the club? 

I have plenty of TP and many bottles of 🍷 And ample food.  Thank you for your concerns.

Good to see you are ready to bunker down Uncle Les. Stay safe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

Good to see you are ready to bunker down Uncle Les. Stay safe.

Cheers, I was just reading on FaceAche that the Covid testing station here is turning away hundreds of people a they cannot cope with the numbers and they were open all weekend too. Several shops, cafes, eateries etc have shut down already, paranoia reins and still the tourists roll into town in their caravans, mobile homes etc.

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Cheers, I was just reading on FaceAche that the Covid testing station here is turning away hundreds of people a they cannot cope with the numbers and they were open all weekend too. Several shops, cafes, eateries etc have shut down already, paranoia reins and still the tourists roll into town in their caravans, mobile homes etc.

The locals will not be welcoming them, I bet.

• Like 1

Les, have you got a supply of masks for when you do have to go out for any reason? Chemist Warehouse online have boxes of 50 surgical masks for $60 with free delivery. I bought some a coulle of weeks ago just in case.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

several hundred at the club daily during the 4 day virus window, Mon-Thursday last week. Potentially a couple of thousand people, but where did they go after the club? 

That’s the frightening thought isn’t it? And so many seem not to give it a thought or think it applies to them until they have spread it to countless others 🧐

Good to hear you are ready for the long haul - no place like home sometimes 🏡

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Les, have you got a supply of masks for when you do have to go out for any reason? Chemist Warehouse online have boxes of 50 surgical masks for $60 with free delivery. I bought some a coulle of weeks ago just in case.

I just wrap tp around my face.

Have to do something with the 5673 rolls I have left from the great stock up.

😷😷😷😷😷😷😷

Edited by Docker123
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3