Should I cancel May 23 Alaska

Janet76

We are booked on a in\out Vancouver to Alaska on May 9th.  We know the cruise is not going to happen and are waiting patiently for our turn with HA to contact us with the cancellation/rebook options while they make their way through the queue of passengers with earlier sale dates.  This morning, we received an email from HA with a "preferred limited upgrade special" for the May 9th cruise.  Seems odd that they would send out upgrade emails for cruises the know are not going ahead.  All it does is make things more ambiguous, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Just now, gypsygal1962 said:

This morning, we received an email from HA with a "preferred limited upgrade special" for the May 9th cruise.  Seems odd that they would send out upgrade emails for cruises the know are not going ahead.  All it does is make things more ambiguous, unfortunately.

I believe that the email you received was machine generated, just a mass mail out to email addresses in the HAL data base.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gypsygal1962 said:

This morning, we received an email from HA with a "preferred limited upgrade special" for the May 9th cruise.  Seems odd that they would send out upgrade emails for cruises the know are not going ahead.  All it does is make things more ambiguous, unfortunately.

It does sound odd, unless they are coming up with possible alternatives for cruising in May.

An upsell special might be tempting if HAL would give a FCC that matched the length of the cruise in the category booked instead of the FCC being for a dollar amount. 

Looking at prices of future cruises, they would have to come down a lot for us to match the experience we booked for a bargain.

We are likewise waiting on HAL to cancel our cruise for a refund.

... I'm trespassing from a Boston-Montreal cruise set for 5/23.

For us, the tricky part is that Delta has not extended change fee waivers

past April 30th (May 31st for international only). So it's contingent on that.

• Like 2

Same here with southwest. We are so mad as southwest is acting like there are going such good things for people and offering amp change fees. That may be correct but if you want to cancel your airfare it must be used before one yr of when u bought the. So if you reschedule an Alaska and cruise for the same time next year. You lose your airfare cuz it won’t be good that long.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Talent312 said:

For us, the tricky part is that Delta has not extended change fee waivers

past April 30th (May 31st for international only). So it's contingent on that.

I have friends who are in the same situation as you with Delta. Their HAL cruise is in late June to the Med, and they booked HAL air. HAL says air is non-refundable since it's been ticketed; if they cancel the air, they will lose $1800. Ironically it was ticketed before final payment because HAL Air/Sea repeatedly dropped the business class booking, and put them in economy.  To stop that, my friends paid HAL in full for the air.  They're outside of final payment for the Med. cruise, and are waiting for Delta to extend their change fee waivers to include June flights, before they cancel everything.  

I cancelled my May 24th Alaska cruise and tour yesterday 3/19 and received full refund and deposit was given in FCC. Did this through my TA.

I booked airline in early February and will wait that out as flights are May 23rd and June 3rd. Airlines are dealing with more urgent matters. Everyone needs to do what is in their best interests. 

Stay safe all.

and American airlines wants a change fee of $150 on an advantage award ticket while other tickets can be changed for no fee....for a flight on april 8 when US govt is recommending not to fly

i mean really? 

Has American noticed that even people with award tickets, bought with miles earned via many flights,  might like to change a travel date to avoid getting sick or travelling while sick without being gouged?  And yet i keep getting emails about how important their "loyal" customers are to them...you mean people like me ??