New Letter from LLP

Georgia_Peaches

Dear XXX,

Only a few days ago I reached out to share what we were doing to keep our guests and crew safe and to announce our new Cruise with Confidence program. At the time, I had no idea what the next few days would bring. Within 24 hours, we suspended cruising in US ports from March 14th through April 10th, and less than 24 hours after that we suspended all cruises globally. Schools are closing, sports seasons are cancelled, concerts and music festivals postponed. The situation is changing rapidly, to say the least.

I am truly sorry for the impact this has had on your vacations on such short notice. I know this is very disappointing for all of you and it’s disappointing for me too. But sometimes things happen that are outside of our control. And at Celebrity Cruises, we always have and always will act in the best interest of our guests, crew and employees. We understand the gravity of the public health crisis confronting the world. And this is our part to play.

For the latest news on impacted cruises, please visit celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/voluntary-suspension-of-cruising.

We are reaching out to our guests to help them work through this disruption to their vacation, around the clock and around the globe, directly and through our network of Travel Partners. If you’re calling in for information, assistance or reassurance, you may experience longer than normal hold times and so we urge you to reference our travel alerts on Celebritycruises.com which always contain the most up-to-date information. We are also communicating with our crew to work out the issues this disruption presents for them.

There is a silver lining through this chaos. I have received more letters of support from you than ever before. It means more than you will ever know to me and all of us here at Celebrity Cruises. I have watched with tremendous pride as our crew, customer service teams and shore side teams shine while working around the clock to support our guests.

I have no doubt we will get through this together and come back better than ever. There are a lot of exciting things on the horizon for Celebrity. We are all about opening the world and that is what we will continue to do.

First and always, please take care of yourselves and your family. I look forward to the calm seas ahead and seeing you onboard.

Until then,

President's CruiseSTAY UP TO DATE WITH IMPORTANT

• Thanks 2

G-P,

Thanks for posting this here.  Many of us appreciate her sentiments and I think she and Celebrity are handling this unprecedented rapidly changing situation not perfectly but in the the best way they can.  But I'm sure others here will take this negatively for some reason and Vent and Shred.  So here is my response:

"Thanks LLP and Celebrity for providing me and my family many memorable vacations and experiences.  I truly hope that Celebrity and the cruise industry can survive the huge financial burden and have us sailing again when safe to do so."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

True and heartfelt communication is always welcome...most likely there will be more to come from LLP as situation(s) change.  Some are on a need to know basis - perhaps not daily, but timely - as decisions/changes may be made based on that communication.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agree, TeeRick!  Rather than poke holes in the letter, I think it's a good time, no great time, to reflect on the wonderful memories that have been created on some awesome Celebrity cruises.  I've received two letter in one week, both addressed to me by name.  That has to count for something and in this weird and new time we are in, I think it's going to be the little things that stand to have the biggest impact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The most positive thing in the letter is that Celebrity now has an online method of requesting a refund if your cruise has been cancelled so you don't have to call anymore.  Probably only works if you booked directly with Celebrity.  CTBob

Refund Request

• Thanks 1

Not sure if this has been posted before. But I just found this in my inbox...

Just over a week ago we announced our new Cruise with Confidence policy to help reassure guests who preferred to reschedule their holiday. At the time, I had no idea what the next few days would bring. Within a week, we suspended cruising in US ports from March 14th through April 10th and less than 24 hours after that we suspended all cruises globally. Schools are closing, sports seasons are cancelled, concerts and music festivals postponed. The situation is changing rapidly, to say the least.

I am truly sorry for the impact this has had on your holidays at such short notice. I know this is very disappointing for all of you and it’s disappointing for me too. But sometimes things happen that are outside of our control. And at Celebrity Cruises, we always have and always will act in the best interest of our guests, crew and employees. We understand the gravity of the public health crisis confronting the world. And this is our part to play.

For the latest news on impacted cruises, please visit celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/voluntary-suspension-of-cruising

We are reaching out to our guests to help them work through this disruption to their holiday, around the clock and around the globe, directly and through our network of travel partners. If you’re calling in for information, assistance or reassurance, you may experience longer than normal hold times and so we urge you to reference our travel alerts on Celebritycruises.com which always contain the most up-to-date information. We are also communicating with our crew to work out the issues this disruption presents for them.

There is a silver lining through this chaos. I have received more letters of support from you than ever before. It means more than you will ever know to me and all of us here at Celebrity Cruises. I have watched with tremendous pride as our crew, customer service teams and shore side teams shine while working around the clock to support our guests.

I have no doubt we will get through this together and come back better than ever. There are a lot of exciting things on the horizon for Celebrity. We are all about opening up the world and that is what we will continue to do.

First and always, please take care of yourselves and your family. I look forward to the calm seas ahead and seeing you onboard.

Until then,

Get more details on the voluntary suspension of cruising here.

Read about the latest information on coronavirus health protocols here.

Learn more about our Cruise with Confidence policy here.

If you booked your Celebrity Cruises holiday through a travel agent, please be assured we are working directly with them to provide information, assistance and reassurance.

Please do contact your travel agent to discuss your upcoming holiday arrangements and the options available to you.