How long will the refund take?

Ehg

1 hour ago, inforem said:

I'm waiting over a month...30 days is a joke. Constantly lying to the guest. It's pathetic

Ha!  I've got you beat, have been waiting since early April for our refund.

Yesterday was 60 days since they canceled our May 18 sailing. Requested a refund, not FCC the same day. Got an eamil the next day confirming my request and saying it would take 45 days. Tomorrow, assuming there is no refund on my credit card I will just file the dispute and let Citi worry about it.  I did the same thing when Princess Lodges  for our Alaska hotel stay for a July cruse we dropped at final payment. That still shows on my card account as temporary credit but at least I am not paying for them to use my money. That one is now well past 90 days.  

Celebrity cancelled our late August bookings for Alaska and we applied for a refund on Jun 3 after having made final payment about a week prior.  A complete refund was processed this morning, deposit and final payment amounts all credited back to my credit cards.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 7:22 PM, opa&oma said:

Ha!  I've got you beat, have been waiting since early April for our refund.

Same here. And they confirmed to me today that mine hadn’t even been selected for processing 90 days later. 

4 hours ago, AidenL said:

Same here. And they confirmed to me today that mine hadn’t even been selected for processing 90 days later. 

April 11 cruise cancelled and was told again 90 more days.

We are still waiting for our refund

Cruise was starting 1st April from Auckland, but was effectively cancelled by NZ government on 14 March when they said no cruise ships will be allowed in NZ waters until end of July

We applied for full refund through our TA and we're still waiting... they said it no refund by 1 July to phone them

Wife phoned them up and they said still waiting for their wholesaler to be refunded by Celebrity.... they also said they waiting for refunds for other people who booked Celebrity cruises through them and people on Princess cruises too

Over 90 days is far too long to wait and we are not happy!!!

Edited by Muffinz

Celebrity cancelled 13 of my bookings on March 13. Received 30 refunds (just port charges and taxes) starting on 5/6 and ending on 6/23. Something like 100 days total !!! Plus the early refunds could be correlated to bookings but the second half were nothing but random $$$ figures. Only way to tell if done was add up what I expected against the 30 refund total.

Celebrity cancelled our April cruise in Feb and on the 29th Feb we applied for the refund - I have a copy of the refund acceptance message. So we are now around 120 days and not a word. Every day my disgust gets worse and blood pressure rises. 

Ok I posted a while back that we had not received a refund for our 1st April cruise that was effectively cancelled on 14 March when the NZ government said no cruise ships will be allowed into NZ waters until 31 July.

We officially applied for a full refund on 17 March with our TA and have only had the deposit refunded through Celebrity - as we initially booked direct with celebrity but transferred the booking to our TA (we will NEVER use this TA ever again by the way)

My wife was phoning / e-mailing the TA every 2 weeks and all they could say is that it was being processed..... last thing the TA said was to wait until 1st July and if no refund has come through to contact them again.... which we did

We got told the same thing, that the wholesaler (that the TA uses) has not been refunded by Celebrity and that they have several people waiting for refunds for celebrity and princess cruises and we are all in the same boat. Wife even spoke to the manager of the TA and got told the same thing.

Wife decided to call Celebrity (NZ office) and they could not tell her anything because we our booking was through our TA... she even tried calling the wholesaler the TA used, but no-one phoned her back.

Someone on the FB page for our (cancelled) cruise said they had to phone celebrity direct in Miami and finally managed to speak to someone one who helped them with their refund.

So wife decided to try the same thing yesterday but was on hold for 30 minutes so hung up as she didn't have the time to wait.

Wife started a conversation with this lady on FB and she offered to call Celebrity in the USA on our behalf as she has free calling from NZ to the USA and she knew exactly who to speak to at celebrity, so wife gave her the details (names / reservation number...etc...) and the lady phoned Celebrity up this morning for us

I am very glad she did because it turns out Celebrity had us listed as part of a 'group booking' (no idea why) and they also had us down as wanting the 125% FCC - which is incorrect... she managed to get celebrity to update the details and change the FCC for a full refund - which should be getting processed.

it is clear to me from this that our TA had probably never contacted Celebrity or the wholesaler in the first place.....

Wife is going to phone the TA on Monday and if they say "sorry your refund is still being processed" she's going to tell them that it was never being processed in the first place and tell the TA the whole story about the phone calls to Celebrity...etc... she is also going to tell them how dissatisfied we have been with their service (or lack of).... however, I suggested she waits until we've received the full refund onto our credit card before saying something like that.

So here's hoping the refund comes through early next week!

On 7/2/2020 at 7:06 PM, leck57 said:

Celebrity cancelled our April cruise in Feb and on the 29th Feb we applied for the refund - I have a copy of the refund acceptance message. So we are now around 120 days and not a word. Every day my disgust gets worse and blood pressure rises. 

I have not read all this thread, but this is just crazy in this day and age.  I don't normally adopt conspiracy type scenarios, but this sure seems intentional.  The longer they wait maybe they figure you might change your mind, or cruising might open up, or you might give up and decide on a FCC.  Who knows why they are dragging their feet.  The one thing that seems obvious is there is no excuse for this kind of delay.   

I wonder if you had opted for a FCC instead of a refund, how fast would that have been processed.    

Like I say, I haven't read the entire thread so maybe someone has covered this and  I'm all wet.   Just seems nuts to me.   

Edit: Follow up question.  Does anyone know roughly how many passengers have requested refunds across the Celebrity fleet?  

Edited by ldubs

I called and left a voice mail in addition to a email to my TA and canceled our 10/29/20 Summit cruise end of June and had a refund with in 14 days. This is not a cruise Celebrity cancelled. My Ta initials are CC and  they provided excellent prompt service. I can only guess it happened this fast due to me cancelling the cruise. I'm not posting to aggravate the people waiting for there refunds but to share a positive exprience.

Edited by weregoingcruising
add a word and corrections

On 7/9/2020 at 9:14 PM, Muffinz said:

Ok I posted a while back that we had not received a refund for our 1st April cruise that was effectively cancelled on 14 March when the NZ government said no cruise ships will be allowed into NZ waters until 31 July.

We officially applied for a full refund on 17 March with our TA and have only had the deposit refunded through Celebrity - as we initially booked direct with celebrity but transferred the booking to our TA (we will NEVER use this TA ever again by the way)

My wife was phoning / e-mailing the TA every 2 weeks and all they could say is that it was being processed..... last thing the TA said was to wait until 1st July and if no refund has come through to contact them again.... which we did

We got told the same thing, that the wholesaler (that the TA uses) has not been refunded by Celebrity and that they have several people waiting for refunds for celebrity and princess cruises and we are all in the same boat. Wife even spoke to the manager of the TA and got told the same thing.

Wife decided to call Celebrity (NZ office) and they could not tell her anything because we our booking was through our TA... she even tried calling the wholesaler the TA used, but no-one phoned her back.

Someone on the FB page for our (cancelled) cruise said they had to phone celebrity direct in Miami and finally managed to speak to someone one who helped them with their refund.

So wife decided to try the same thing yesterday but was on hold for 30 minutes so hung up as she didn't have the time to wait.

Wife started a conversation with this lady on FB and she offered to call Celebrity in the USA on our behalf as she has free calling from NZ to the USA and she knew exactly who to speak to at celebrity, so wife gave her the details (names / reservation number...etc...) and the lady phoned Celebrity up this morning for us

I am very glad she did because it turns out Celebrity had us listed as part of a 'group booking' (no idea why) and they also had us down as wanting the 125% FCC - which is incorrect... she managed to get celebrity to update the details and change the FCC for a full refund - which should be getting processed.

it is clear to me from this that our TA had probably never contacted Celebrity or the wholesaler in the first place.....

Wife is going to phone the TA on Monday and if they say "sorry your refund is still being processed" she's going to tell them that it was never being processed in the first place and tell the TA the whole story about the phone calls to Celebrity...etc... she is also going to tell them how dissatisfied we have been with their service (or lack of).... however, I suggested she waits until we've received the full refund onto our credit card before saying something like that.

So here's hoping the refund comes through early next week!

You were part of a group booking because that is what the wholesaler your TA was going through had. (Honestly, that would make me suspicious - I could understand if the AGENCY had a block of rooms, but if I ever found out my TA was essentially pawning me off to another agency, in this case the wholesaler, that would be the end of my relationship with that TA...other than spreading it on every review site I could find that they pawn their bookings off on another agency.)

well wife's friend on FB called celebrity again and they said that our TA has to 'approve' the refund..... she phoned the TA and spoke to the other person there and they said they remember us asking for a full refund.... my wife even found the original e-mail she sent to the TA on 17 March requesting the refund.

So now the TA has to go back to the wholesaler, who has to go back to celebrity to get it changed into a refund....

This cruise was supposed to be for my 50th - which is in November..... I just hope that the refund comes before then!

18 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

well wife's friend on FB called celebrity again and they said that our TA has to 'approve' the refund..... she phoned the TA and spoke to the other person there and they said they remember us asking for a full refund.... my wife even found the original e-mail she sent to the TA on 17 March requesting the refund.

So now the TA has to go back to the wholesaler, who has to go back to celebrity to get it changed into a refund....

This cruise was supposed to be for my 50th - which is in November..... I just hope that the refund comes before then!

Jeez the more I read about some TA’s through all this the more I’m glad we booked direct.

• 2 weeks later...

On 18 March we requested our refund of deposit for Celebrity B2B June cruises. Unfortunately we'd booked via a TA and still haven't received our money. We're now into our fifth month of waiting. Can't believe it would take this long!

On 7/15/2020 at 7:43 PM, cmsteach said:

Finally received our refund four months after requesting it.  We are grateful, but frustrated from the experience.    

Always good experiences booking directly. Sometimes not so great booking with a TA.  I like to have full control over my booking.

Way to go Celebrity!  We cancelled two cruises last week and received our refund today.(by the way, we booked through our online TA)  Sure beats the ten weeks it took HAL to refund our cancelled South American cruise back in March.  

Enjoy!

Kel😁

Edited by kelmac