So, let's pick a cruise now for when this is all over. Which one?

cl.klink

Trying to focus on more positives and looking forward to the future when we get to reclaim some normalcy.

Without inviting flaming on whether or not, or when, that future version of increased normalcy will happen, what cruise(s) should we now consider scheduling? And for when? 

I (and many others) have some FCC to use.  What's your positive notion of a good plan?  

- Joel

Edited by cl.klink
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cl.klink said:

Trying to focus on more positives and looking forward to the future when we get to reclaim some normalcy.

Without inviting flaming on whether or not that or when that future version of increased normalcy will happen, what cruise(s) are you now considering moving on with, and for when? 

I (and many others) have some FCC to use.  What's your positive notion of a good plan?  

- Joel

Still bummed about our B2B for  March/April 2020 on the Summit being canceled. Currently we are still booked for September 2020 on the Eclipse, Canada/Pacific Coastal. B2B cruise on the Rhapsody March 2021, Caribbean. The Millennium September 2021 Canada/Pacific Coastal.  

Edited by davekathy

Will we cruise again? Will we book with Celebrity? Possibly to both.

Living in the UK, I see Celebrity offering a FEW cruises that I am interested in.

Forget Europe/Caribbean, I will go with someone else. Alaska - done that with X. Far East - some possibilities. Hence I am trying to avoid FCC so I can choose where I go next and with who I want.

• Like 1

We actually have two booked, which will remain so for now.  In November 2020 we are booked on the Reflection America's cruise (goes down to Cartagena and Central America).  Then also on the Reflection in August 2021 for the Baltic.  We have a few months to see whether the November cruise will happen, and are prepared to pay just ahead of the deadline.

our cruise on 1st April from Auckland was cancelled and we've decided to take a 100% refund

We don't know when these travel restrictions will be lifted, or if the corona virus thing is going to get worse or better or when cruise companies and cruising in general will be 'back to normal'.

we would love to cruise again on Celebrity but I can't see that happening anytime soon unfortunately

I was thinking about New Zealand for next winter and loved the idea of Singapore to Dubai, with the stops in India. They would be mostly new countries for me. I really liked the transatlantic cruise I was signed up for, with a stop in Agadir and the Azores. One day!

Just did celebrity charter rock and romance on infinity with music groups America, Jefferson starship, Steven Bishop, Rita Coolidge, Todd Rundgren and many others have same royal suite for next year with Air supply, BJ Thomas, Mellisa Manchester , Foreigner and others. Also have a msc yacht club booked. 

I’ll settle for anywhere!

I just want a drink in my hand, the smell of the sea in the air, the smiling faces of the staff, some good company and a meal in Murano’s!!!

As older people we are grounding ourselves so really appreciate some ‘good feeling’ posts from our cruise critic friends as it will be some time before we see our usual companions...

• Like 2

We've got two still standing - Baltic leaving 4th July (that one may fall) and Western Med 9th Oct.  And Dalmation Coast summer 2021.  (And Viking River Cruise for Christmas 2020 - but wrong board for that!) 

There are so many places I want to go / go back to.  I too would settle for pretty much anywhere.  To sit in the Porch on a sunny sea day.  To watch the sun set from the balcony.  Luminae...Martini bar....Tuscan....world class bar....

Hang in there Chemmo - we'll get back to it!  Stay safe.

Feel so lucky we completed our Dubai(Singapore) to Dubai cruise with only a couple of changes, on the Constellation last one completed by Celebrity over there and a fabulous cruise,

We have next 3 booked on the Silhouette on Sept 5th Ireland and Iceland and then end of April 2021 a B2B France & Spain followed by Norwegian Fjords all out of Southampton.First one probably in doubt if the Silhouette doesn't come over for a short season

After those I want to do South America, New England and Canada, Alaska anywhere! 

Hope to use our future cruise credit in Jan 2021 on an already booked cruise on Connie out of Tampa.    Also booked Jan 2022 Connie from Tampa.....diff itin .  No plans after that right now..not even looking!

hope the  current restructive med clearance requirement  will not prevent us from enjoying a few more cruises in the future...

There are not many itinerary’s left that interest us or that are not ridiculously expensive. We are so lucky to have done some incredible cruises over the years. 
We have a 12 night Caribbean next year on X (which was originally booked as a place holder but we decided to go on it) and a few on other cruise lines.

We were due to sail on the 4 day Apex sailing (so disappointed at missing that) and have looked to ‘replace’ it but the upcoming Apex or Edge ones do not appeal.

We had already started doing more land trips back to the places that we said we would visit again having called in on a cruise.

Happy future sailings everyone, it is so comforting knowing that you have a cruise or two (or more 😂) to look forward to.

50 minutes ago, GastroGnome said:

We've got two still standing - Baltic leaving 4th July (that one may fall) and Western Med 9th Oct.  And Dalmation Coast summer 2021.  (And Viking River Cruise for Christmas 2020 - but wrong board for that!) 

There are so many places I want to go / go back to.  I too would settle for pretty much anywhere.  To sit in the Porch on a sunny sea day.  To watch the sun set from the balcony.  Luminae...Martini bar....Tuscan....world class bar....

Hang in there Chemmo - we'll get back to it!  Stay safe.

Thanks GastroGnome!!!

We are counting our blessings...We celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary in July so clearly enjoy the company of each other! The garden is full of budding blooms and we have enough to do out there to ensure we have plenty of fresh air and exercise. 

Our food order came this morning minus milk but the wine came...they must know about what we see as essential.

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We are counting our blessings...We celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary in July so clearly enjoy the company of each other!

Many congratulations Chemmo, we celebrate our 40th at the end of this month. It was our ‘excuse’ to have two cruises in April.

The weather is lovely again today, sun shining and blue skies, makes everything look and feel better.